Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 6:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "not all Muslims are terrorists" fallacy
RE: The "not all Muslims are terrorists" fallacy
The guy says multiple times he regrets the body count wasn't higher, he wants muslims dead, calls them swines and posts memes and videos to prove how dangerous they are and you think it's being sarcastic? Come on. I wonder if you'd react the same way if he was talking about christians.
(September 13, 2015 at 1:29 am)Neimenovic Wrote: The guy says multiple times he regrets the body count wasn't higher, he wants muslims dead, calls them swines and posts memes and videos to prove how dangerous they are and you think it's being sarcastic? Come on. I wonder if you'd react the same way if he was talking about christians.

Spot-on. There's sarcasm, there's douchebaggery, and then there's bad hearts.

CL, you yourself have repeated the Golden Rule when talking about atheists being assholes before -- "if you don't want Christians treating you that way, don't treat them that way" -- but here you are giving one a pass? On wishing folks dead?

Me, I take ABG at face-value. And that ain't good.

IIRC CL, you were very upset about 'something about a bomb', a comment that was allegedly made in regard to christians, but in the very same thread when Drich made a comment about killing atheists you said you were sure he was joking. And here you are saying, in face of ABG explicitly saying he wishes muslims to die, that you think it's sarcasm and that he could clarify. It's hard not to see the double standard.
(September 12, 2015 at 5:34 pm)Atheist_BG Wrote: If you think that by insulting me you'll accomplish anything, you're deeply mistaken. As a bisexual I'm accustomed to being insulted. But you keep doing it and don't lose hope.

What a steaming pile of non-consequential bullshit! Oh, I get it. You get your ass handed to you so you invoke bisexuality; as if that has anything to do with the argument at hand.

Here's your argument:
- You: "Do you like crunchy or creamy?"
- Other: "Crunchy"
- You: "Fuck you, I'm bisexual".

Get over yourself.
(September 12, 2015 at 5:52 pm)Losty Wrote:
(September 12, 2015 at 5:34 pm)Atheist_BG Wrote: If you think that by insulting me you'll accomplish anything, you're deeply mistaken. As a bisexual I'm accustomed to being insulted. But you keep doing it and don't lose hope.

Lol what does bisexuality have to do with it?
See the color marked. I just meant being insulted by people who know nothing about me has always been part of my life, so insulting me won't accomplish anything, except make me laugh.
As for your other question, unless you're a feminine looking and dressing guy, hitting on me could be a mission impossible. Tongue
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
(September 13, 2015 at 4:37 am)Atheist_BG Wrote: See the color marked. I just meant being insulted by people who know nothing about me has always been part of my life, so insulting me won't accomplish anything, except make me laugh.
As for your other question, unless you're a feminine looking and dressing guy, hitting on me could be a mission impossible. Tongue

Your're missing the point. Your bisexuality was only invoked as a response to your ideas being challenged. The question remains: what the fuck does your bisexuality have to with anything being discussed?

Your sexuality means nothing. I don't care how many holes you want to penetrate or how many holes you have that you wish to be penetrated; I don't fucking care.

I am more interested in you defending the absurd statement that "all terrorists are Muslim".
(September 12, 2015 at 9:33 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I read that as being sarcastic, and not about getting pleasure from people getting killed. But I guess BG can chime in here and clarify.

I could clarify but I won't. I'll leave them guessing and frying in their own ignorance. History has shown many times that muslims are a plague and it will show it once again on our account.

What's a "Schrodingers cat"?
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
That clear enough for you Cath?
(September 13, 2015 at 4:57 am)Atheist_BG Wrote:
(September 12, 2015 at 9:33 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I read that as being sarcastic, and not about getting pleasure from people getting killed. But I guess BG can chime in here and clarify.

I could clarify but I won't. I'll leave them guessing and frying in their own ignorance. History has shown many times that muslims are a plague and it will show it once again on our account.

Be very careful with the term "plague", as it borders closely on fascist rhetoric we have seen too often on this planet in the past; it has the effect of rhetorically reducing our fellow human beings to germs, and painting the people, rather than the ideology, as something that needs to be eradicated physically, rather than the idea educated/reasoned away.

Islam is only an epidemic perhaps, in the sense that it destroys rational thinking to various degrees, but it is one of dozens of religious beliefs I would so describe. Unfortunately, at the moment, it seems to be the one most bent on militarism in its zealotry. However, Muslims are people, ones that practice that faith in various ways, not all of which are violent or zealous. People. My next door neighbor is one. You don't get to start talking about killing them over ideology. Why? Because that is the very thing you are hating them for, or at least, the premise upon which you are justifying your violent ideology against them. It is unbecoming.

We understand you have been attacked, perhaps throughout your lifetime, for being effeminate and bi, and that you were just using the phrase to indicate that you're used to being attacked... but here's the thing: we all are. Atheists are everyone else's target. Yet, one of the great things about being an atheist is that I get to not give two shits if you're straight or not, masculine or feminine. The reason I'm coming down so hard on you for voicing a desire (and, really, for even harboring it) to attack Muslims is because if we, who are so often the target of the religious majority, cannot recognize the evil that such thinking represents, then who will? As I tell the Christians so often, you don't get to be the martyr and the bully, too.

To even hint at violence toward people, especially if your position is one about which you feel you must be coy, is not cool. And it should be beneath someone who comes to a forum like this, where they are here to think, and to present atheism in a public light. If you are going to wear the moniker in your forum-name, at least have the decency to make the rest of us not look like psychopaths, d'accord?

Addendum: I re-read what you wrote, and noticed you weren't saying *you* are effeminate, but that your desired type of male is. My apologies. It's nearly 5AM, local, and I have been out riding my motorcycle into the wee hours, and have just gotten home. Checking in here before I crash out. Ahh, weekends! Apparently my brain is tired.

Nevertheless, the rest of my point stands. Goodnight, everybody. Hopefully I'm about to sleep for the next twelve hours. I need it!
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(September 13, 2015 at 5:45 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: Be very careful with the term "plague", as it borders closely on fascist rhetoric we have seen too often on this planet in the past; it has the effect of rhetorically reducing our fellow human beings to germs, and painting the people, rather than the ideology, as something that needs to be eradicated physically, rather than the idea educated/reasoned away.

What gives you the impression he's not intending to do just that?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Muslims , please answer this . Enlightened Ape 13 2274 August 13, 2022 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sudan scraps apostasy law and alcohol ban for non-Muslims zebo-the-fat 19 4212 October 14, 2020 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [Quranic Reflection]: What should Muslims do when the verses of God are made fun of? WinterHold 37 6043 September 9, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Remember]: how the Spanish infedels treated Muslims WinterHold 146 13099 August 8, 2020 at 4:18 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Muslims: If the Koran is Unaltered... chimp3 57 8431 April 21, 2020 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  For being religious, Muslims sure lie a lot! Jehanne 12 1710 October 20, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Should muslims obey infidel leaders in non islamic countries? Rika82 6 1095 September 13, 2018 at 4:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Can muslims even be artists or game developers if imagery is forbidden? Rokan 0 530 August 29, 2018 at 4:14 am
Last Post: Rokan
  8000 Muslims massacred by White, racist European non-Muslims. All Euro vs Euro WinterHold 92 18178 June 13, 2018 at 12:54 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Good Muslims account_inactive 26 4759 March 3, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: account_inactive