Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 3, 2024, 11:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The speed of light, stars, and YEC?
RE: The speed of light, stars, and YEC?
Uncomfortable questions and facts have a way of doing that.
I know this is an old thread, but I believe it is worth re-opening. The YEC concept of the one-way speed of light using the Anisotropic Synchrony Convention can actually be tested, despite what is commonly believed. And, in fact, it already has, but no one else aside from me has apparently figured this out. I am in the process of writing Jason Lisle, the original author, and seeing what his thoughts are.

However, unless you believe the moon landings were a hoax, the lack of delay in radio transmissions from earth to moon and back is evidence that ASC is correct. Moon hoax conspiracy theorists actually use this as evidence that the moon landings never happened because they note that there is little to no delay in the original broadcast transmissions. This lack of delay confirms ASC.

So, yeah, radio communication is an easy way to test the one-way speed of light. You just need a large enough distance to test it. You don't measure it directly, but the delay in response is the indirect method to test. Because each transmission is a single way only.

Now you're wondering "Why didn't I think of that?"
There is no lack of delay in the transmissions...nutball. You necro'd -that- shit...for this shit?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Took you some lightyears to raise a thread zombie after all.

I always wonder how you newbs manage to find these stone age relics.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(September 23, 2015 at 5:20 pm)Rhythm Wrote: There is no lack of delay in the transmissions...nutball.  You necro'd -that- shit...for this shit?

Profanity is not necessary. Truth is that I was actually researching the delay issue because I believed it refuted Jason Lisle's ASC theory, but then I found moon landing hoax conspiracy theorists claiming the lack of delay was evidence for a hoax. I have no problem with that. 

That doesn't change the fact that I've brought to light the fact that the one-way speed of light can actually be measured contrary to what is commonly argued.

It appears that there is almost no delay in the transmission at the :26 to :32 second part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...7MmT4#t=25

Others argue that there is no delay on mission control's side because they are recording it and thus they can respond instantly after receiving the moon transmission. But this section has an almost immediate response by the astronaut after mission control says something.

This one look at 8:19-8:27 the conversation is clearly without delay.

https://youtu.be/XisDvCTww4M?t=507
No one needs to argue anything.  We still have the recordings, the delay exists on them now as it did then......nutball.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
JHC firmly attaches tin-foil hat and settles in to munch some popcorn....
(September 23, 2015 at 6:41 pm)Rhythm Wrote: No one needs to argue anything.  We still have the recordings, the delay exists on them now as it did then......nutball.

Clearly you didn't look at the videos, which proves your statement wrong. Why is there no proper delay at the parts I indicated?
The answer is very simple.
Quote:Genesis 1
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Nowhere does the Bible state how long the "heaven and earth" have been around before God decided to place life upon it, making the idea of the earth being 6000 years old nonsense, there is no basis for it in the Bible.

If you calculate biblically from the time God began to place life on the earth to now it would actually come out to be around 13,000 years.

Quote:Psalm 90:4
For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.
Quote:2 Peter 3:8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

This would mean each day of the creation was around 1000 years.

As a side note, 6000 years of creation then God rested for a 1000 years. Now it's been around 6000 years after creation and there is another rest period coming which is the millennium, 1000 years of peace.
Quote:Revelation 20
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Quote: The answer is very simple.

Yeah, we know, huggy.  "Simple" is all you can handle.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The People of Light vs The People of Darkness Leonardo17 2 611 October 27, 2023 at 7:55 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8365 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  In light of a tragic event... dyresand 10 3681 October 14, 2015 at 11:35 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Question for Christians who are not YEC's Forsaken 16 4104 November 11, 2014 at 1:57 pm
Last Post: rexbeccarox
  Even Pat Robertson thinks YEC's are morons! SteelCurtain 10 2739 May 15, 2014 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  I'm a YEC. Challenge me. JeffB 342 152041 November 14, 2013 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Dionysius
  YEC becomes OEC? Phil 3 1430 April 1, 2012 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: orogenicman