Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 6:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apologetics open challenge
RE: Apologetics open challenge
It's no worse than people who insist on quoting the text wall of China just to put "Lol!" or whatever at the end. And far easier on the blood pressure.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
OK so time within this universe is uni-dimensional and linear, this is what what makes causality work.
At the Quantum level time is granular divided into discreet blocks of 1 Planck length, thus the earliest point we can model to is known as Planck-Time.
The apologists invariably try to force an assumption that the rules of this universe (ie; uni-dimensional linear time) also apply outside this universe. As yet no evidence for this state has been presented so has to be viewed as speculative.
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(September 20, 2015 at 12:25 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I was watching a Vsauce video on that just last night! Coincidence or what!

I actually found that on VSauce.
I'm taking a break from heavy going topics for a few days as I get all obsessed with them sometimes. I'll be back to read the replies here in a while and reply to people Smile
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Rob, don't let the BS make you crazy!
Sometimes, to beat a monster, you have to become one! DON'T!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
So, to beat my monster I have to become a dick? That explains a lot, actually.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Nice.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(September 25, 2015 at 9:17 am)Stimbo Wrote: So, to beat my monster I have to become a dick? That explains a lot, actually.

I see what you did there.
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.
Has anything actually been refuted in this thread? I think MK's ontological claim has not been directly addressed as a metaphysical problem. The OP boasts to reveal the LOGIC of the theistic proofs, but the skeptics have instead chosen to respond with EMPIRICAL observations of the natural world. In other words, they have failed to show that the MK's arguments are in themselves illogical. As for now, my counter-challenge to either formally debate the 5W has been tacitly declined and my offer to defend any of the 5W selected by the skeptics has gone unanswered. Will any skeptics step up to the plate?
(September 25, 2015 at 10:07 am)lkingpinl Wrote:
(September 25, 2015 at 9:17 am)Stimbo Wrote: So, to beat my monster I have to become a dick? That explains a lot, actually.

I see what you did there.

Note to self: close the curtains.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A critical thinking challenge Foxaèr 18 4537 June 15, 2018 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Drich
  A challenge to anyone I guess! Mystic 27 5459 June 10, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  Liberalism's Great Challenge? Minimalist 20 3519 September 10, 2016 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  A challenge to any and all religions collectively. Brian37 24 4745 May 2, 2016 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Pre-Suppositional Christian Apologetics SpecUVdust 11 2701 November 14, 2015 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: SpecUVdust
  The Greatest Challenge to Atheists Ever The Valkyrie 32 7151 October 19, 2015 at 9:36 am
Last Post: loganonekenobi
  Open Origin Religions? Brometheus 26 5686 April 6, 2015 at 10:33 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A simple challenge for atheists bob96 775 119250 February 20, 2015 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  Challenge to christians: Satan wrote the bible robvalue 120 23851 February 15, 2015 at 5:13 am
Last Post: emilynghiem
  Challenge For Theists Nope 65 12740 February 11, 2015 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: robvalue