Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 6:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists interpret bible verses
RE: Atheists interpret bible verses
I think that anyone pimping the KJV as the only Bible worth reading should, as a matter of good form, be required to mimic its style in all posts.

In sinnerdaniel94's case, the result couldn't make me laugh at him any harder than I already am.
sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
Quote:and if we are a cosmic accident then there is nothing wrong or right about anything its just our opinion. but even that is just electricity in our brain or sound waves coming out of our mouth. we might as well not exist

And if we are created with intention, then there is nothing wrong or right about anything, it's just our creator's opinion, but even that is just soul stuff generating our thoughts or words, we might as well not exist.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
All the bible contradictions, mapped out neatly and searchable, right here:
http://bibviz.com/        Don't thank me, thank bibviz.   That site took a LOT of work to create. 

[Image: 74aadfbddfc5d69f5c1852b249be8e03.jpg]
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
(October 9, 2015 at 1:53 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: I'm not afraid to offend atheists. The message I bring is not from me and it is good news. (Jesus saves us from hell)
A disciple of Jesus is one trusts in Him (this does not mean they automatically become loving people) Once you look for Christians by the way they act or on their deeds, you won't find one because once they screw up you'll doubt. I don't display my works for people to see. All works should be done in secret, and Your father will see them and reward them, once you are saved.

So what Jesus said about how we would know his followers isn't true is what you're saying. I'm not even a little surprised at that.

No one said anything about it being automatic. I'm sure it's hard work. No one said anything about perfection, I'm sure it's impossible. It should be possible to tell when someone is trying though, and it's clear you'd rather excuse your behavior than try to be better. I don't blame you, it's a lot to ask. Maybe Jesus should have set a lower standard and said we would know his followers by how smugly self-righteous they are.
Evie Wrote:
Mister Agenda Wrote:I read the KJV cover-to-cover, seeking God.

Aww that sucks. What a waste of time I heard  Metacritic only gave it 0.2/10.
Broke records for lowest score ever. After the Book of Mormon of course - That got negative 9 million/10

Yeah, I tried the Book of Mormon later in life, but I was all scriptured out by then. I didn't make it through the 2nd chapter. Didn't do much better with the Quran.
(October 9, 2015 at 3:28 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: 1st Kings 4:26    And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.

2nd Chronicles 9:25     And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses for chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.

My favourite, based on the apparent fact that whoever wrote "Matthew" couldn't read Hebrew and its nuances, is Jesus' circus trick of riding into Jerusalem "on a donkey and on a colt, the foal of a donkey".
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 9, 2015 at 3:46 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
Evie Wrote:Aww that sucks. What a waste of time I heard  Metacritic only gave it 0.2/10.
Broke records for lowest score ever. After the Book of Mormon of course - That got negative 9 million/10

Yeah, I tried the Book of Mormon later in life, but I was all scriptured out by then. I didn't make it through the 2nd chapter. Didn't do much better with the Quran.

Is it bad that I actually went through the whole of both books word by word? Big Grin
(October 9, 2015 at 3:47 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(October 9, 2015 at 3:28 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote: 1st Kings 4:26    And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.

2nd Chronicles 9:25     And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses for chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.

My favourite, based on the apparent fact that whoever wrote "Matthew" couldn't read Hebrew and its nuances, is Jesus' circus trick of riding into Jerusalem "on a donkey and on a colt, the foal of a donkey".

Yep, I love that one too. But then Matthew is crammed with knee-slappers. That guy could "discover" a Messianic prophecy in a set of IKEA directions.
(October 8, 2015 at 11:24 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: atheists are so angry over a message of love

It ain't the "message" of the Bible that irritates me. It's the self-righteous pricks who think that their "universal message" needs their own salesmanship to get over. It's the self-righteous pricks who think we've gathered here for their preaching convenience.

(October 8, 2015 at 11:29 am)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote: faith is exercised daily by everyone

Nonsense. You're equivocating different meanings of the word "faith".

(October 8, 2015 at 12:32 pm)sinnerdaniel94 Wrote:
(October 8, 2015 at 12:25 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: Strawman much? You don't have a shred of intellectual integrity, as far as I can tell.

your judgment is perfect isn't it

It's spot-on in this case.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mike Litorus owns god without any verses no one 3 467 July 9, 2023 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2260 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Favorite Bible verses? FatAndFaithless 3 1211 July 17, 2014 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  What do Atheists believe the Bible as? TheCarlisle 138 69323 July 22, 2011 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  The atheists bible. downbeatplumb 18 5173 April 21, 2011 at 4:04 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Any ideas on how to get "wall art" bible verses taken down in a small office? ssorj 14 5400 January 20, 2011 at 9:19 am
Last Post: Dotard
  Evidence Verses Faith Daystar 32 19196 December 3, 2008 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet