Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 7:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three)
RE: Atheism. The UNscientific belief (part two)
(October 15, 2015 at 6:46 pm)jenny1972 Wrote:
(October 15, 2015 at 6:34 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: I don't make bowls. Why does God think I make bowls?
Also does he use that exact word? "Trash"? 

Does God tell you with his thoughts why you can hear him? Does he ever send thoughts to you about anything you couldn't possibly know by yourself?
What does God think about you dehumanizing me by referring to me with a label rather than my forum name?

no you are not a bowl maker your ideal only religious people make bowls . my interpretation is trash / to dispose of is the idea . whatever comes to me is nothing that i knew previously . you are the one who has labeled yourself as an atheist you put it as your faith

- My lack of faith makes me an atheist, by definition I have no faith. That however is not the sum total of me as a human being. I'm surprised Gods stream of consciousness has not informed you of this fact, some of the most monstrous atrocities have come from referring to people as labels rather than human beings. 

- Only religious people make bowls? I'm not sure thats true.

- Can you give me an example of one of Gods thoughts that would shock and awe me? A vision of the future? A verifiable fact not known previously to mankind? I mean, its Gods thoughts. You should have a prize pick of those types of things.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Ooooooooooooooh. I thought she meant "bowls":

[Image: 3170229791_e67ec932cb_b.jpg]

(I was about to have a sudden and serious issue with her imaginary friend God.)
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

The real question is "do you make cheese?"

How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(October 15, 2015 at 6:51 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote:
(October 15, 2015 at 6:46 pm)jenny1972 Wrote: no you are not a bowl maker your ideal only religious people make bowls . my interpretation is trash / to dispose of is the idea . whatever comes to me is nothing that i knew previously . you are the one who has labeled yourself as an atheist you put it as your faith

- My lack of faith makes me an atheist, by definition I have no faith. That however is not the sum total of me as a human being. I'm surprised Gods stream of consciousness has not informed you of this fact, some of the most monstrous atrocities have come from referring to people as labels rather than human beings. 

- Can you give me an example of one of Gods thoughts that would shock and awe me? A vision of the future? A verifiable fact not known previously to mankind? I mean, its Gods thoughts. You should have a prize pick of those types of things.

sure the next time i decide to foolishly share the insights God has given me with a group of atheists for mass ridicule ill let you know ok Shy

(October 15, 2015 at 6:52 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: Ooooooooooooooh. I thought she meant "bowls":

[Image: 3170229791_e67ec932cb_b.jpg]

(I was about to have a sudden and serious issue with her imaginary friend God.)

no those bowls are awesome  Consoling
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain
Make bowls? Not make bowels?

Brb...
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 15, 2015 at 6:29 pm)jenny1972 Wrote: God says to throw religions in the trash and just love one another thats it .

Well, sis, I think you're terrific and I think loving one another is nice 

Are you two full blood fully related sisters? Just curious.
Yep, full of blood, fully related, and very different...yet quite the same.

But, yes, we have the same mom and dad...if that's what you were wondering.
(October 15, 2015 at 7:25 pm)jenny1972 Wrote:
(October 15, 2015 at 6:51 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: - My lack of faith makes me an atheist, by definition I have no faith. That however is not the sum total of me as a human being. I'm surprised Gods stream of consciousness has not informed you of this fact, some of the most monstrous atrocities have come from referring to people as labels rather than human beings. 

sure the next time i decide to foolishly share the insights God has given me with a group of atheists for mass ridicule ill let you know ok Shy

You automatically associate me wanting to know one of Gods unique thoughts with ridicule?
Why do I get the sense that you aren't being entirely sincere? I mean having access to Gods thoughts, thoughts of the creator of the universe? You could demonstrate an intellect beyond anything I've ever experienced. Give me proof beyond dispute, tell me of technologies no man has yet conceived of. Even tell me the workings of the universe itself.
Yet you are displaying none of these things. Are you being modest?
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(October 15, 2015 at 6:29 pm)jenny1972 Wrote: God says to throw religions in the trash and just love one another thats it . [...]

He does? Well, then - that's great. Now all he needs to do - is say it again to all the followers of different religions and that will be a lot of problems - like holy wars, fundamentalist terrorism, etc - solved.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2941 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6858 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2899 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit Cepheus Ace 18 3125 June 22, 2020 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belief in God is a clinic Interaktive 55 5977 April 1, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Is atheism a belief? Agnostico 1023 88751 March 16, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Catharsis
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3601 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5389 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4841 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 26156 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic