Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 20, 2024, 7:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games you wished you liked.
RE: Games you wished you liked.
Tried Total War Shogun 2 last night but had real trouble getting into it. The last time I enjoyed the game was Medieval 2 and when Empire came out I completely lost interest. I was hoping Shogun 2 would rekindle my interest.
(November 3, 2015 at 3:20 pm)Mathilda Wrote: Tried Total War Shogun 2 last night but had real trouble getting into it. The last time I enjoyed the game was Medieval 2 and when Empire came out I completely lost interest. I was hoping Shogun 2 would rekindle my interest.

Assuming you're on the PC, there are excellent mods on totalwarcenter. Partly offering a total conversion.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum.php
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 3, 2015 at 3:20 pm)Mathilda Wrote: Tried Total War Shogun 2 last night but had real trouble getting into it. The last time I enjoyed the game was Medieval 2 and when Empire came out I completely lost interest. I was hoping Shogun 2 would rekindle my interest.

I started the series with M2. I really like S2, but I miss being able to upgrade old units with new military buildings. I also don't like that realm divide only impedes your clan. Some other clan can take half the map, and you don't see every other clan going to war with them.

Is there anything in particular I might explain for you.  before you give up completely?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. It'd be nice to have a new GTA to play.

Demon's Souls. Atlus is one of my favorite video game companies.

Any first person shooter after Perfect Dark. Lot's of people play those games, but I've never liked any of them.
I never got into any shooter. They start to bore me after a very short time. For me it's seen one, seen them all.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
One word: Doom.
datelin Wrote:Assasin's Creed and Minecraft probably tops my list.
I still don't get why those games have so many fans

Big Assassin's Creed fan here, but I can understand the reason some people aren't into the series: Fuckin' Conner.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
I kinda wish I could get into 'em like I used to.  Undecided

Other than than, I cannot really empathize with the OP.
All those Bethesda games. They sound good, but for some reason they just rub me up the wrong way.

The only one I've liked is Dishonoured. (Is that right? Been a while.) Teleporty stealthy assassin stuff. I absolutely loved that and played it through multiple times.

Oh, and Bioshock. I hated it. I wanted to love it, but I thought it was shit.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I guess I wish I liked all those games I bought at some point and never felt compelled to play beyond a tutorial level, or whatever. Including, but not limited to:

Bioshock 2 - I quite liked the first one, so I bought the sequel - and it's been gathering dust ever since...

Mass Effect 2 - same as above. Decided not to bother with the 3rd one.

Half-Life 2 - it's supposed to be a classic, but it took me years, before I made myself give it a proper try and - while it seemed good - it felt like a chore, so I stopped. Good thing Portal was on the same disc, so it wasn't a total waste of money.

Final Fantasy XIII - I actually finished this one and I not so much wish I liked it, as much as I wish it wasn't sh*t...

Dragon's Dogma - I'm not sure why I even bought it, it's supposed to be an innovative RPG, but at first glance it feels so generic I can't bring myself to learn the mechanics.

L.A. Noire - I don't know what people (used to) see in this game. To me it seems like an Aspberger's Syndrome simulator, because I can't for the life of me tell from those creepy face expressions, whether the puppets I'm interrogating are telling the truth, lying, or having a stroke...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming games you want to play Foxaèr 13 2434 October 6, 2022 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  What are your top 5 video games of all time? T0 Th3 M4X 80 9779 May 22, 2022 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: emjay
  I sucked at video games. Brian37 16 3572 July 18, 2021 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The issue with Match-3 games Foxaèr 4 508 August 15, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Stream Switch games without a capture card. Mechaghostman2 0 404 November 24, 2019 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Any sci-fi open world games? Mechaghostman2 9 2006 September 27, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Games still to be released in 2018 Foxaèr 9 1228 June 2, 2018 at 12:32 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Of new homes and video games. Brian37 7 1207 May 25, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  No evidence to support link between violent video games and behavior Gawdzilla Sama 12 1935 January 21, 2018 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Anybody here have any favorite Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games? ƵenKlassen 7 1276 November 18, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Cecelia