Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 20, 2024, 8:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yes, Atheism is a Religion
RE: Yes, Atheism is a Religion
(December 15, 2015 at 6:57 pm)Delicate Wrote: How come like none of the atheists here know how to use their brain and think critically then?

Grow one before sitting in judgment.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
For someone who has found god, Delicate is really angry. It's okay. Your god is strong enough to withstand us, right? And why should you care what we think? You obviously don't care enough about us to not scream at us in every fucking post.

Maybe just... fuck off, go about your life, and die happy? Sounds like a solid plan to me.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(December 15, 2015 at 7:00 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: For someone who has found god, Delicate is really angry.  It's okay.  Your god is strong enough to withstand us, right?  And why should you care what we think?  You obviously don't care enough about us to not scream at us in every fucking post.

Maybe just... fuck off, go about your life, and die happy?  Sounds like a solid plan to me.

[Image: jim%2Bcarrey.jpeg]
Interesting choice of picture there. If you're serious about your mission that is.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(December 15, 2015 at 5:58 pm)Delicate Wrote: So yes, you're still committing a fallacy, and you're trying to defend your fallacy. This is why atheism is a joke.

"Atheism is a joke."

Believes in an invisible man in the sky instead because mummy said it's true!   Cool

But I do sincerly want to thank you on behalf of most atheists here.
You know, for making us look intelligent without doing very much.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
My atheism is simply a complete lack of faith in deities, the OP's misunderstanding aside.

I don't make any assertion about any god's existence. I simply don't see any evidence for any god and don't extend faith to such fanciful claims.

(December 15, 2015 at 5:36 pm)Delicate Wrote: Do you and Cato read lists of fallacies and mistake them for a how-to guide?

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies...-well.html

I most certainly did not poison the well. You insisting that I did betrays yet another topic you know fuck all about. If I had said Plantinga is full of shit because he wears his underwear backwards or snorts ground pepper, that would be poisoning the well. Identifying his well known position as an ID supporter is very much germane to the conversation. In addition I told you that it was his penchant for throwing out well worn and well refuted arguments that was at issue.

These arguments are concocted with god in mind and do nothing more than create a placeholder to solve non-existent problems. WLC and Plantinga gleefully fill the placeholder with their notion of god. The primary reason these arguments fail is because the placeholder is always characterized with certain attributes, attributes already arbitrarily assigned to god so many of these arguments are simply begging the question. God can only be presumed to have said attributes because there is no observation of god and therefore no observation of god possessing said attributes.

It's a ruse.
Let's say these arguments did successfully prove the existence of a god. At best, they point to an uninvolved watchmaker rather than a zombie Jew concocted by ancient Middle Eastern goat fuckers. A being who might as well not exist for all the personal attention it doesn't give us.

So, yeah....
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(December 15, 2015 at 8:58 pm)Cato Wrote:
(December 15, 2015 at 5:36 pm)Delicate Wrote: Do you and Cato read lists of fallacies and mistake them for a how-to guide?

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies...-well.html

I most certainly did not poison the well. You insisting that I did betrays yet another topic you know fuck all about. If I had said Plantinga is full of shit because he wears his underwear backwards or snorts ground pepper, that would be poisoning the well. Identifying his well known position as an ID supporter is very much germane to the conversation. In addition I told you that it was his penchant for throwing out well worn and well refuted arguments that was at issue.

These arguments are concocted with god in mind and do nothing more than create a placeholder to solve non-existent problems. WLC and Plantinga gleefully fill the placeholder with their notion of god. The primary reason these arguments fail is because the placeholder is always characterized with certain attributes, attributes already arbitrarily assigned to god so many of these arguments are simply begging the question. God can only be presumed to have said attributes because there is no observation of god and therefore no observation of god possessing said attributes.

It's a ruse.

Apparently you don't even know what fallacies mean.

Not to mention Plantinga being an ID supporter has no bearing on what he says in the paper.

Not to mention Plantinga is not an ID supporter:

Quote:Like any Christian (and indeed any theist), I believe that the world has been created by God, and hence “intelligently designed.” The hallmark of intelligent design, however, is the claim that this can be shown scientifically; I’m dubious about that.

Not to mention bald assertions without substantiation are worthless. 

Not to mention fanciful stories you concoct (who says atheists don't believe in myths?) to try and explain his work have no basis in evidence or reality. 

Only an octopus can put his foot in his mouth as often as you have.

If his arguments really are so well-worn and well-refuted, why are you such a coward in responding to them? Pick one of the arguments and go for it. Or do the Kalam. I hear atheists love bashing that one.

Do something, anything that suggests your "atheism" has an ounce of credibility. That it's not a joke. 

(December 15, 2015 at 7:59 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I simply don't see any evidence for any god and don't extend faith to such fanciful claims.

Simply put, this is the assertion I want to see substantiated.
(December 15, 2015 at 6:57 pm)Delicate Wrote: How come like none of the atheists here know how to use their brain and think critically then?

How the f*** would you know? As a christard - you're way out of your depths here and your moronic contrarian arrogance is not appreciated. We don't come to your forum, criticising your methods of slurping liquid pig-sh*t off of your grandpa's c*ck, so I suggest you stick to fairy-tales you can comprehend and leave critical thinking to adults...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Atheism a Religion? Why or why not? Nishant Xavier 91 5416 August 6, 2023 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
Wink Religion vs Atheism! Bwahahahahahahahah MadJW 146 11945 November 5, 2021 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4659 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Faux News: Atheism is a religion, too TaraJo 53 25010 October 9, 2018 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  Why Atheism Replaces Religion In Developed Countries Interaktive 33 6222 April 26, 2018 at 8:57 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why atheism is important, and why religion is dangerous causal code 20 8734 October 17, 2017 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27871 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  No, Atheism isn't a Religion Napoléon 14 3315 December 14, 2015 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Comparing Religion to Fairy Tales and Myths Equal Atheism ILoveMRHMWogglebugTE 13 4732 July 22, 2015 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Margaret Atwood claims atheism is a religion Foxaèr 36 10039 July 11, 2015 at 11:37 am
Last Post: Metis