Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 4:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three)
RE: Atheism. The unscientific belief. (part three)
(December 25, 2015 at 5:13 am)Little Rik Wrote: Well, well, i was thinking what present should i give to my little mates from the atheist forum
for Christmas so i came up with something a bit unusual that i am sure will help you to understand
better how the whole system works.  Lightbulb
Let us talk about the universe.
Atheists in general think that the universe can do without a mind or God but wait a minute guys.
The universe has got what we also humans got.
It has matter, water, heat-light-energy, air and space.
We, beside our body also got a mind and a consciousness so why this universal body should also not have
a mind and consciousness that control it?
Have you ever seen a body alive without a head?  Shifty
Even a zombie got a head (whether it works is a different story) but a head-mind-consciousness is there anyway wherever there is a body.
So, just guess what this controlling mind suppose to be?
You never thought about it, did you guys?  I'm all ears!

Yes some bodies are alive without a head.
Zombies don't exist.
Waaaait a minute little rik, grass not got brain and grass alive, jellyfish not got brain and jellyfish got body and jellyfish alive.
Why universe have brain if grass and jellyfish not got brain?
The land mass known as Australia has got heat, light, energy, air and space, Australia have a brain or not have a brain?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

I use emulators to play Street Fighter 2, and some of the emulators even have netplay for online Wink
Coolness!

I'm way out of practice, gotta get my execution back. There's loads of new mechanics to get to grips with in this version, not to mention a fuck ton of characters I've never played. So exciting! I'd love to get a proper stick, the Xbox controller isn't great for such precise inputs.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 27, 2015 at 9:41 am)Sappho Wrote:
(December 27, 2015 at 3:34 am)Little Rik Wrote: I would have thought that you are a little bit smarter that that Moon.
If i would have to follow your demented example then i also could say that even the excrement got all the elements such as matter, water, energy and so on and therefore a turd should also have a head-mind.
What you miss to take in consideration is that consciousness is not the same in every item in this universe.
The lower you go as in the matter and the less consciousness you get and the more you go up as in human beings the more you get.
Consciousness is everywhere.
That doesn't mean that a head-mind is present in the same level everywhere.
Your pond full of dirty water in which all the component such as matter, water and so on are present
are at the very bottom of consciousness scale.
According to yoga one day these elements will turn into plants, animals, humans and back to where they came from so their actual dormant and latent consciousness will expand in order to take the shape of the original form (God).
Without a consciousness within nothing get expanded.
A climber is never happy to stay where she is.
She keep on moving on and on in search for better conditions.
Everything in this universe is on the move.
Nobody is really 100% happy until they reach the goal of life.
The universe is also not happy.
The elements within need consciousness expansion.
Why would they need expansion if a goal is not there?  Lightbulb

If what you are saying is that everthing that is on the move is not happy until it reaches its goal, then my foot will be relentless until it reaches your ass mate.

Very good joke Sap.  Hi
I consider you for one of my special kudos.  Indubitably
In the meantime can you please help LR to understand why everything is on the move?  Thanks
(December 25, 2015 at 5:55 am)Little Rik Wrote: I would have thought that a body need a mind to run it.

But a body includes a brain and a brain supports processes associated with a mind. The brain process sensory input and attaches cognitive significance. Even single cell organisms have the capacity to obtain sensory input and respond accordingly. For multi cell creatures there are tissues and organs dedicated to obtaining the sensory data and responding appropriately. It is the body itself -at least the part whose function is sensory/cognitive processing- which governs action. Nothing more is required.

No god needed. Try again?
(December 27, 2015 at 1:52 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(December 25, 2015 at 5:13 am)Little Rik Wrote: Well, well, i was thinking what present should i give to my little mates from the atheist forum
for Christmas so i came up with something a bit unusual that i am sure will help you to understand
better how the whole system works.  Lightbulb
Let us talk about the universe.
Atheists in general think that the universe can do without a mind or God but wait a minute guys.
The universe has got what we also humans got.
It has matter, water, heat-light-energy, air and space.
We, beside our body also got a mind and a consciousness so why this universal body should also not have
a mind and consciousness that control it?
Have you ever seen a body alive without a head?  Shifty
Even a zombie got a head (whether it works is a different story) but a head-mind-consciousness is there anyway wherever there is a body.
So, just guess what this controlling mind suppose to be?
You never thought about it, did you guys?  I'm all ears!

Yes some bodies are alive without a head.
Zombies don't exist.
Waaaait a minute little rik, grass not got brain and grass alive, jellyfish not got brain and jellyfish got body and jellyfish alive.
The land mass known as Australia has got heat, light, energy, air and space, Australia have a brain or not have a brain?

Rather than brain i would say consciousness.
You presume that grass and other things do not have brain.
That is quite natural pablo.
The brain come at a later stage as more consciousness build up as in animals.
In the meantime there is consciousness.
Consciousness is everywhere even in grass.
Climbers have more consciousness than grass.
Climbers are in constant movement in search of better condition.
Grass hasn't reach that stage yet but it will one day.
No head doesn't really mean anything.
It is the consciousness that mean something and a small amount of consciousness as in grass  
do not need a brain.
The element that compose the universe have even less consciousness so no wonder that we can
not see any brain around the universe but consciousness is there for sure otherwise there wouldn't be
any sign of expansion around.  Lightbulb
I am literally horrified.

Little Rick is eagerly awaiting the day when grass has the consciousness to kill us all.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(December 28, 2015 at 2:39 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(December 27, 2015 at 1:52 pm)paulpablo Wrote: Yes some bodies are alive without a head.
Zombies don't exist.

Rather than brain i would say consciousness.
It is the consciousness that mean something and a small amount of consciousness as in grass  
do not need a brain.
The element that compose the universe have even less consciousness so no wonder that we can
not see any brain around the universe but consciousness is there for sure otherwise there wouldn't be

Balloon expands is brain in balloon?

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(December 28, 2015 at 2:34 am)Whateverist the White Wrote:
(December 25, 2015 at 5:55 am)Little Rik Wrote: I would have thought that a body need a mind to run it.

But a body includes a brain and a brain supports processes associated with a mind.  The brain process sensory input and attaches cognitive significance.  Even single cell organisms have the capacity to obtain sensory input and respond accordingly.  For multi cell creatures there are tissues and organs dedicated to obtaining the sensory data and responding appropriately.  It is the body itself -at least the part whose function is sensory/cognitive processing- which governs action.  Nothing more is required.
No god needed.  Try again?

I am afraid Whatever that you are floating in sea of confusion.  Banghead
Single cells and up to plants do not need a brain (at this stage in the evolutionary cycle) as their consciousness is very very limited.
Mother nature provide them with the capacity to react accordingly in order to survive.  Consoling
The body has really nothing to do with their capacity to carry on with their life as far as decision making so to speak.
It is the consciousness ingrained within that direct them to carry on in that way or govern actions.
So yes supreme consciousness needed to direct her little limited consciousness creatures which is often described as mother nature.
Try again son.  Smile
(December 28, 2015 at 2:48 am)paulpablo Wrote:
(December 28, 2015 at 2:39 am)Little Rik Wrote: Rather than brain i would say consciousness.
do not need a brain.

Balloon expands is brain in balloon?

Sorry son.
I haven't really got the time to give personal tuition to those who find too hard to understand the first time.  Doh
Just a hint however.  Lightbulb
I am talking about the expansion of consciousness not the expansion of balloons or the expansion of bellies.  Hi

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2941 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6858 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2899 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit Cepheus Ace 18 3125 June 22, 2020 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belief in God is a clinic Interaktive 55 5977 April 1, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Is atheism a belief? Agnostico 1023 88745 March 16, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Catharsis
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3601 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5389 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4841 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 26156 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic