Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 12:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who want proof of the exodus
RE: For those who want proof of the exodus
(December 23, 2015 at 4:42 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(December 23, 2015 at 2:44 pm)Drich Wrote: citations??? what do you have to support any of this ad hoc mess?

At least i came here with a video that cites historical records and interviews actual archaeologist who are digging up said evidence. what do you have besides a 'doo' rag and a trust me look on your avatar?

What? What do you think the names I referenced in my reply are?  Those are the names of "actual archaeologists", top-level university professors and writers, and not a couple of random crackpots at the fringes. I did my best to succinctly (for me) reference the knowledge that those fields have gleaned from centuries of work, especially the technology-enabled research done in the past couple of decades.

I don't think you know what ad hoc  means. Simply summarizing what can be read in any serious, scholarly work on the ancient near east does not constitute an ad hoc explanation. If I thought you would honestly care about and/or consider citations as valid even when they conflicted with your prejudices, I'd be glad to offer you some (more) references... I also know that these are easily referenced in a number of threads you've seen before, such as those by GoodWithoutGod and Aractus, among others, so you are being disingenuous when you suggest my post is an "ad hoc  mess". Then again, what else is new?

Frankly, it's about an hour until my Beloved, our son, plus my inlaws and parents arrive for me to host a Christmas dinner that I am currently cooking, so I just don't care enough to dig up what is readily available to you. 

As for my do-rag, since when does a do-rag say "trust me"? What the fuck, man?
Such as...

When I reference the movie the actual archaeologists at the dig site is being interviewed, or a given professor is being interviewed at his perspective university and so on. Or when I argue a point not provided by the film i provide a link. You've done none of this. When you make mention of mystery archaeologists we have nothing more than a 'rocket surgeon's word. If I may be so bold to point out that the exodus has nothing to do with rockets or surgery, so this topic (judging by your responses so far in accordance to the ACTUAL references I have provided so far) are well outside your wheel house, and need reference. Otherwise they can be quickly dismissed as the want/ravings of some Johnny come lately who wants to glom on to the atheist argument with his best.. Which again fall far short of the referenced material.
(December 23, 2015 at 5:56 pm)Brakeman Wrote:
(December 20, 2015 at 12:19 pm)Drich Wrote: All you need do for proof is A/S/K as out line in Luke 11. And Christ Himself promised to provide proof!

And as a bonus, no negative response results would ever be accepted by Drich because he will always excuse his god's absence by claiming insincerity just like Peanut's Linus in the great pumpkin patch.

Evidently you have to claim certainty of god's existence before god will come out of his hiding place now, despite this not being the case in the bible. Guess jesus got kinda skittish after that ol' crucifiction thingy...

Well, yeah...

What did you think the outline of Luke 11 is all about? It is a show of humility and persistence. can't be humble if your not sincere, and true humility does not have a expiration date. that is the reason for the modeled persistence.

If you don't like the model provided then take it up with God when you have trial.
(December 28, 2015 at 11:10 am)Drich Wrote:
(December 23, 2015 at 5:56 pm)Brakeman Wrote: And as a bonus, no negative response results would ever be accepted by Drich because he will always excuse his god's absence by claiming insincerity just like Peanut's Linus in the great pumpkin patch.

Evidently you have to claim certainty of god's existence before god will come out of his hiding place now, despite this not being the case in the bible. Guess jesus got kinda skittish after that ol' crucifiction thingy...

Well, yeah...

What did you think the outline of Luke 11 is all about? It is a show of humility and persistence. can't be humble if your not sincere, and true humility does not have a expiration date. that is the reason for the modeled persistence.

If you don't like the model provided then take it up with God when you have trial.

Ooooh! I'm so afraid of your imaginary god in your mental delusion. It's funny that your god has such a desire for bronze age judgment that he needs trill backward preacher men to swing around his dick.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(December 23, 2015 at 6:27 pm)Simon Moon Wrote:
(December 23, 2015 at 5:56 pm)Brakeman Wrote: And as a bonus, no negative response results would ever be accepted by Drich because he will always excuse his god's absence by claiming insincerity just like Peanut's Linus in the great pumpkin patch.

And on the reverse side.

If someone believes, but misses one of the steps of A/S/K, Yahweh will not provide proof. 

So, here we have a believer that wants god to provide proof, but because they might have not been educated correctly, or possibly misinterpreted the passages in Luke that Dritch mentions, Yahweh looks down on this believer and says, "that faithful believer really wants me to provide proof, and he is worthy in every way. Too f'n bad he asked and seeked, but did not knock. I have the power to proved the proof he is looking for, and I can see he is sincere and serious, but, damn...that one missed step".

It's been a long time since I have read the Bible, but if my memory severs me, Saul did no A/S/K when he had his Damascus road experience.

Why did Saul deserve his Damascus road experience, but none of us do?
Paul thought in his mind he was serving God by persecuting the church. Jesus personally corrected him. A/S/K is about the receiving the Holy Spirit, and the fruit and gifts that are retained in the Spirit. Saul's conversion (baptism and receiving the Holy Spirit) was indeed the direct result of him A/S/K with those Jesus had tasked to receive Him. Again A/S/K is about seeking and receiving God on His terms not ours. Saul was humbled when he was blinded, and let God his ideas of God and actively sought out God through the disciples that baptized him.
(December 23, 2015 at 7:05 pm)Simon Moon Wrote:
(December 20, 2015 at 12:19 pm)Drich Wrote: Good new voltron!
All you need do for proof is A/S/K as out line in Luke 11. And Christ Himself promised to provide proof!

So, Dritch, if a Christian claims that Christ showed them proof, but they actually never completed A/S/K, does that mean that Christ did not actually provide them with proof, and their claims are imaginary?

Is it ever possible for Christ to provide proof to someone without the person using A/S/K?

A/S/K provides the Holy Spirit. Basically God moves in with you. So I say that God, being with you personally is proof of God. It is the sure fire way to get proof of God every time.

Are their other 'proofs' yes! But not for you.

We are told that the world around us is proof of God. But you all have taken how God accomplishes a task (science/Physics) and made them your god (the reason for the world around you)
The idea was to take all these small evidences and build the courage needed to take the mustard seed's worth of faith God gives all of us and plant it with Him (A/S/K) rather than take the mustard seed and plant it with our own understandings of the processes of God.
(December 23, 2015 at 9:28 pm)The_Empress Wrote: So... was the OP mistitled or something? I'm confused. Where's the "proof" exactly?

again, the proof of God is found with God.

A/S/K is a way for us to obtain a measure of the Holy Spirit.
(December 23, 2015 at 10:33 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Actually the OP sowed the seeds of its own dismissal.  Real scholars speak in terms of "evidence."  Assholes, like drippy and his pals, insist that they have "proof."  They do not.
And they never will.

This foolishness presupposes that all truth lies within the grasp of scholars. I speak of proof because Truth demands proof. Evidence can be manipulated to fit any agenda. (Maybe that is why you want me to provide you with evidence rather than a road to proof.) That is the folly of the scholarly path, it is the road of endless debate and never ending opinion. where as absolute truth and proof of said truth is not debatable.
It certainly does not lie within the purview of ignorant children trotting out fairy tales, drippy.

Time to grow up son.
(December 28, 2015 at 8:52 am)Cato Wrote: Your life must really suck. Once, maybe. Twice in the same weekend, hard to imagine.

Their is a Sh*t ton of information being provided. The first time through i was stunned and after seeing the very tablets and papyrus that provided Proof of the plagues and enslavement of the jews.. I was left with a big Why are so many men like hawass telling us their is absolutly no proof of the Jews at all in egypt, that NOTHING in Egyptian antiquity says anything about the Jews...

The second time for me was to absorb the actual references and materials.

at the end of this you feel that 'mainstream egyptologists' have been out right ignorant or lying to you. Makes you wonder how many other fields of 'advanced study/learning' is also flat out lying.

It kinda makes you guys look like the Germans who bought Hitler's propaganda hook line and sinker. Kinda gives some incite as to how easy it was for basically a 'good' person to get swallowed up into a propaganda machine.
(December 28, 2015 at 8:56 am)Brian37 Wrote: The flood never happened. It is a myth, humans simply mistook local flooding as the entirety of the planet.

If you watch the entire COSMOS series, humans have always independently gap filled coming up with gap answers. There are older flood myths. Humans also had their independent gap answers about astrology, and fear of comets. Native Americans have their own first person motifs. The Mayans had their own myths about end times. Hindus are much older and also have their myths about all aspects of life an nature.

Humans gap fill and Christianity is no different.

Ahhh... Okey..

You do know the Exodus and the flood are two different things right?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 7221 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  didnt want to necropost: what completing the law means. Drich 18 1377 May 12, 2020 at 10:51 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] What would you want in a church tackattack 44 3991 March 11, 2019 at 10:10 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Just Look at all Those Fulfilled Prophecies! YahwehIsTheWay 37 5924 December 6, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Exodus 21 Bahana 69 6836 November 9, 2018 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Those Theists Willie23 50 5559 May 21, 2018 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theists - I want to know what you think LadyForCamus 77 10692 May 14, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why does my family want me to be christian so much? Der/die AtheistIn 17 2921 March 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6279 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why do Christians want to go to Heaven? Fake Messiah 52 19482 June 28, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Astonished