Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Look at all Those Fulfilled Prophecies!
Just Look at all Those Fulfilled Prophecies!
Eat up, atheists. YahwehIsTheWay is serving up some savory canned apologetics delivered as only one who speaks of himself in 3rd person can deliver.

2. Look at All These Fulfilled Prophecies!
Jesus, we must remember, didn't just claim to be the Son of God ...or God incarnate ...or a separate person from and yet part of the same substance as God, or... excuse me, I need to consult my definition of the Trinity once again...

[Image: ?url=upload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2F...sh.svg.png]

[Image: thinking.gif] Um, I don't get it either. But mine is not to understand. Mine is simply to preach. 

Jesus didn't just claim to be something-or-other-related-to-God-somehow-need-to-pray-on-that-later. He backed it up with powerful deeds. He fulfilled many prophecies in the Bible. We know this because the Bible tells us that he did. So that's how we can be confident that the Bible is true when the Bible tells us that he's the something-or-other-of-God because the Bible then tells us that he proved it to be true. 

Even atheists have admired my logic as being well rounded. 

[Image: ?url=rationalwiki.org%2Fw%2Fimages%2Fthu..._cycle.jpg]

So what are the odds then? What are the odds that a character in a story would fulfill all the prophecies related to us in the story and do so successfully as the story unfolds?

Checkmate, atheists!

...let's see what's next in the canned apologetics pantry...
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
RE: Just Look at all Those Fulfilled Prophecies!
Glob..

The word God is a generic term SOMETIMES used to describe the Father. but otherwise God is a title not a name as in:

God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit.

God is one in that all three share this 'office' of God. Just like the US has three branches of government The Congressional branch, the executive branch, and the judicial branch, but one governing power over these united states. One government three branches of coequal power.

The Father would be like the executive branch as direction and final say comes through the executive, the Son would be more judicial as He died to absolve the law, to where he now becomes the embodiment of the law. and the Holy Spirit would be congressional because it is the branch directly interacting with indivisual people.

If you can wrap your little mind around how the US government works you have a full understanding of the trinity despite your best efforts to muddy up and mock it.

(November 30, 2018 at 7:51 pm)YahwehIsTheWay Wrote: [Image: thinking.gif] Um, I don't get it either. But mine is not to understand. Mine is simply to preach. 

Jesus didn't just claim to be something-or-other-related-to-God-somehow-need-to-pray-on-that-later. He backed it up with powerful deeds. He fulfilled many prophecies in the Bible. We know this because the Bible tells us that he did. So that's how we can be confident that the Bible is true when the Bible tells us that he's the something-or-other-of-God because the Bible then tells us that he proved it to be true. 

If you READ the bible you'd know Jesus did nothing till he received the Holy Spirit at his baptism. He even pronounces the fact he's 'power' came only from the Holy Spirit and he would be powerless without it. and at the end he sad we the church would be able to do more because he was going and turning the Holy Spirit out onto the church. Now there are two members of the trinity being well documented and well defied right there the third being the father... but only if we had jesus ever reference the father... oh, that's right he did like a bazillion times! So that gives a biblical account of all three members of the trinity!
But it will stay mocked no matter how pissed off that makes you.
They even made up prophecies for him to fulfill.... even if he had to ride a two animals at the same time.

[Image: Matthew+21%3A5+Tell+ye+the+daughter+of+S...n+ass..jpg]

Maybe they strapped a board across them so he could park his holy ass on it?
(December 4, 2018 at 12:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Maybe they strapped a board across them so he could park his holy ass on it?

I think it was rodeo style.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
[Image: rodeojesus.jpg]

Yee-Haw!
(December 4, 2018 at 12:18 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: But it will stay mocked no matter how pissed off that makes you.

No, no you miss understand. I want the mockery to stay.. That way I can shine a light on the intentional ignorance you all chose to have on the subject. the wanton ignorance is the show case here not blaspheme.. Which is ironic because wanting ingnorance is blaspheme to you people and here you are caught in it hip deep
Hehe

I LOVE IT when I shine the hypocritical light on you guys and you just put your heads in the sand and pretend you don't see it!
Quote: Matthew 2:23 English Standard Version (ESV)

23 And he went and lived in a city called Nazareth, so that what was spoken by the prophets might be fulfilled, that he would be called a Nazarene.

No such prophecy exists.  Matty just making shit up.  Must have been the Trump of his day.  Good thing they didn't have Twitter!
(December 4, 2018 at 12:13 pm)Drich Wrote: Glob..

The word God is a generic term SOMETIMES used to describe the Father. but otherwise God is a title not a name as in:

God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit.

God is one in that all three share this 'office' of God. Just like the US has three branches of government The Congressional branch, the executive branch, and the judicial branch, but one governing power over these united states. One government three branches of coequal power.

The Father would be like the executive branch as direction and final say comes through the executive, the Son would be more judicial as He died to absolve the law, to where he now becomes the embodiment of the law. and the Holy Spirit would be congressional because it is the branch directly interacting with indivisual people.

If you can wrap your little mind around how the US government works you have a full understanding of the trinity despite your best efforts to muddy up and mock it.

That makes you a polytheist.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(December 4, 2018 at 2:09 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(December 4, 2018 at 12:13 pm)Drich Wrote: Glob..

God the Father
God the Son
God the Holy Spirit.

That makes you a polytheist.

how so?

How many Federal governments does the United states have?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 6566 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  C'mon, Look At All This Stuff That's Real YahwehIsTheWay 66 12667 December 28, 2018 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Look! Nothing! YahwehIsTheWay 1 521 November 30, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  A look into the mindset of an Evangelical Trumptard drfuzzy 10 1571 October 12, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Those Theists Willie23 50 5316 May 21, 2018 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Question Why do you people say there is no evidence,when you can't be bothered to look for it? Jaguar 74 20243 November 5, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  So, what would an actual 'biblical' flood look like ?? vorlon13 64 14599 August 30, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  For Those Who'd Like To Read It. Minimalist 7 1268 December 29, 2016 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  For those who want proof of the exodus Drich 868 134572 February 11, 2016 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Drich
  Hey, Look! They Have Assholes In England, Too! Minimalist 8 2482 February 3, 2016 at 10:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus