Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 12:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who want proof of the exodus
RE: For those who want proof of the exodus
Wrong, drippy.

They are both total bullshit designed (successfully) to fool morons like you.
Oooh! The "conspiracy" to hide the invisible god, that only people with the password can see or hear, has now joined forces with the "conspiracy" to hide the magic invisible evidence of the invisible hiding god. Wow, someone is really needing his meds..
Find the cure for Fundementia!
BTW, did this piece of shit try to pass of the Ipuwer papyrus as "evidence" of the plagues?

That's a pretty standard jesus-freak claim.
(December 28, 2015 at 11:49 am)Drich Wrote: at the end of this you feel that 'mainstream egyptologists' have been out right ignorant or lying to you. Makes you wonder how many other fields of 'advanced study/learning' is also flat out lying.

So in the space of two sentences we go from "ignorant or lying" to "flat out lying. That's cute. I doubt you spend much time wondering which other fields of advanced study/learning are also conspiracies of lies to gull the faithless and mislead God's warriors, so let's have it. Please inform me which other fields of academic human endeavor you see fit to pronounce upon without a minute's training in the relevant disciplines.

Sometimes I have trouble deciding which is more breath-taking: your arrogance or the degree of your anti-intellectualism.

Serious question: if the case made in this film is so compelling, why is it buried in a documentary that was shown in a relative handful of church basements rather than hashed out in the appropriate peer-reviewed journals? And don't give me any of the standard-issue fundie crap about how believers' ideas are shut out of the academy. If there is a real case to be made within the relevant academic disciplines, there is a way to go about it, and pandering to groups of people who are desperate to have their approach to Biblical historicity confirmed is not that way.

Quote:It kinda makes you guys look like the Germans who bought Hitler's propaganda hook line and sinker. Kinda gives some incite as to how easy it was for basically a 'good' person to get swallowed up into a propaganda machine.

Leaving aside from your demonstrated love of Godwin, even when it is entirely irrelevant (as here), I can only shake my head in amazement that someone could hoist so much unintended irony into two sentences without a crane.
Quote:Makes you wonder how many other fields of 'advanced study/learning' is also flat out lying.

Of course, drippy would never apply that standard to his fucking fairy tales.  That's why drippy can safely be dismissed.
If I see A/S/K one more time...............

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(December 28, 2015 at 2:16 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: If I see A/S/K one more time...............

Angry Mob Angry Lynch Mob Angry Mob
(December 28, 2015 at 2:16 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: If I see A/S/K one more time...............

Let's get 'im, boys!

[Image: angry-mob.jpg]
(December 23, 2015 at 2:39 pm)Drich Wrote: again you are describing a commentary dressed as a documentary.
An inconvenant truth is a great example of a commentary dressed as a documentry. where very little actual evidence is provided and it almost completely relys on expert testimony.
In contrast to say a true documentry on the american revolution that cites, dates times, historical records and news papers.

And yet Inconvenient Truth is able to fool a lot of viewers into thinking they're seeing and hearing vast quantities of "proof" for the documentary's conclusion. Particularly the stupid who are ignorant of the scientific method and lack critical-thinking skills. Understand?

(December 23, 2015 at 2:39 pm)Drich Wrote: I absolutly can, because the matter being discussed is based on opinion. We have absolutle no hard evidence that states egypt is a fixed age. why? because of three intermediate periods/egyptian darkages where history was lost.
All anyone can do is guess on how long these time spans lasted, based on guess of what was known to be going on in the world at the time.

It's guess work all of it. It would be one thing if the majority of egyptologists had a solid timeline from the old to new kingdom and 2000 years of solid history, but the oppsite is true. we at best can only guess at 1/2 of what is known because we have little more than tatters and rags to tell us what is going on in what some estimate could be 1000 years of historical silence.

That's just not true at all. They can use radiocarbon dating, Palaeolithic dating, and a range of other academic study to determine an ancient culture's age (such as its progression along the bronze age for example). You are clearly ignorant of this. It's not a "guessing game".

(December 23, 2015 at 2:39 pm)Drich Wrote: Yeah, that's call sarcasm. I can honestly say I see absolutely no wisdom in how the academic structureof main stream Egyptology works.

That's because you're struggling to understand something that's simply beyond your comprehension. You seem to have no clue as to how academic standards of evidence work.

(December 23, 2015 at 2:39 pm)Drich Wrote: Are you actually stupid, or is it an act? Post middle Kingdom means after the middle kingdom has fallen. The events of the exodus (The death of Pharaoh's son, the destruction of the Army and the loss of Egypt's wealth spun them into a dark age. a depression it took over 100 years for them to recover from.)
Their were no cities occupied by a central egyptian goverment because their was no centralized goverment any more (40 after the loss/exodus)

Well Drich there were in fact Egyptian strongholds that existed in Egypt up until the mid 12th century, which prove that Egypt was still powerful up to that time. This has been confirmed by several archaeological digs in Canaan that located the cities. As I mentioned before, most cities in the region were not strongholds. From the ~15th century to the mid 12th century Egypt controlled most of Canaan, from a network of heavily fortified cities in Canaan that they occupied and used to hold sway over the whole region.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(December 28, 2015 at 8:52 am)Cato Wrote: Your life must really suck. Once, maybe. Twice in the same weekend, hard to imagine.

So, have you watched it even once then?

(December 28, 2015 at 11:49 am)Drich Wrote: Their is a Sh*t ton of information being provided. The first time through i was stunned and after seeing the very tablets and papyrus that provided Proof of the plagues and enslavement of the jews.. I was left with a big Why are so many men like hawass telling us their is absolutly no proof of the Jews at all in egypt, that NOTHING in Egyptian antiquity says anything about the Jews...

The second time for me was to absorb the actual references and materials.

at the end of this you feel that 'mainstream egyptologists' have been out right ignorant or lying to you. Makes you wonder how many other fields of 'advanced study/learning' is also flat out lying.

It kinda makes you guys look like the Germans who bought Hitler's propaganda hook line and sinker. Kinda gives some incite as to how easy it was for basically a 'good' person to get swallowed up into a propaganda machine.

Yep. A lot of information and dates to absorb in one pass.

Time will tell. The idea of steady-state universe used to be the predominant view, also.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 7221 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  didnt want to necropost: what completing the law means. Drich 18 1377 May 12, 2020 at 10:51 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] What would you want in a church tackattack 44 3991 March 11, 2019 at 10:10 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Just Look at all Those Fulfilled Prophecies! YahwehIsTheWay 37 5924 December 6, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Exodus 21 Bahana 69 6836 November 9, 2018 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Those Theists Willie23 50 5559 May 21, 2018 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theists - I want to know what you think LadyForCamus 77 10692 May 14, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why does my family want me to be christian so much? Der/die AtheistIn 17 2921 March 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6279 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why do Christians want to go to Heaven? Fake Messiah 52 19482 June 28, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Astonished