Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 12:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who want proof of the exodus
RE: For those who want proof of the exodus
(December 31, 2015 at 10:14 am)robvalue Wrote: The Bible Reloaded chaps view these stories as after-the-fact explanations of why events occured, why a load of people died, and why a new king suddenly took power etc.

Funny enough the older versions of the bible are dramatically different than the newer ones. Considering older bible god has a wife there is 
multiple gods etc.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I haven't gotten back to it yet but judging from the opening scene I have a feeling I know where this is going.  David Rohl and his phony bible-based chronology of Egypt.  As I recall he tried to down-date Ramesses II to the 10th century BC!

He's a crackpot but we'll see if I've guessed right.
(December 31, 2015 at 11:09 am)Minimalist Wrote: I haven't gotten back to it yet but judging from the opening scene I have a feeling I know where this is going.  David Rohl and his phony bible-based chronology of Egypt.  As I recall he tried to down-date Ramesses II to the 10th century BC!

He's a crackpot but we'll see if I've guessed right.

Yeah he is because the exact dates are 1279 - 1213 BCE
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
LOL.  Well, it took another 7 minutes but at the 25 minute mark who does Mahoney introduce as his "savior?"  David Rohl:  Crackpot extraordinaire.  I should make predictions for a living!

The problem with a bozo like drippy is that he willingly believes whatever the fuck he wants to believe and in response to my calling Rohl a crackpot or introducing reputable Eqyptologists to dispute his absurd nonsense he will simply stick his head up his ass and insist that everyone is against his new found messiah.

Fortunately, Rohl is such a shit that he has pissed off xtians, too.

So, even though I think these people are pushing a phony agenda, too, I will let them rip Rohl a new asshole.

Here you go, drippy.  Just for you.

These are xtian shitheads tearing into your new hero.

http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/200...stine.aspx

Quote:CONCLUSION

It is abundantly clear that, from a Palestinian perspective, Rohl's hypothesis is quite unworkable. Rather than enhancing the connections between archaeology and the Bible, his new chronology would destroy the many strong correlations that exist when the standard chronology is followed.

Sucks to be you, drippy.
The proof of exodus is in the imagination of man.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Good source Min. Seems this Rohl fellow is not just a man with a competing hypothesis but is rather completely dishonest as he does not address these glaring weaknesses in his videos. That makes him another dishonest "liar for jesus" that the apologists cling to so desperately.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Take a peek at this.  It's fairly easy to see how the story became garbled over time.

http://ib205.tripod.com/ahmose_1_1.html

Especially this:

Quote: Ahmose had troubles of his own with his kingdom, he left the siege of Avaris in the control of his military commanders so that he was free to placate a rebellion in the Theban region. When Ahmose returned to Avaris he found that negotiations had been taking place between the Hyksos and his military commanders ­ the Hyksos were allowed to leave Egypt gracefully in return for surrendering the city (1532 BC). 

...However, Ahmose was not going to let his enemy escape so easily ­ the Egyptian army pursued the Hyksos people into southern Palestine to Sharuhen. The city was put under siege by the Egyptians, after three years the Hyksos once more fled this time into Syria. Again the Egyptians followed, but Ahmose finally returned home to Egypt.
(January 1, 2016 at 2:03 am)Minimalist Wrote: Take a peek at this.  It's fairly easy to see how the story became garbled over time. ..
God 'n Jebus doesn't garble the bible, they had their Ghost as executive editor for the bible writers, so if it doesn't exactly match, it's untrue.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
Ahmose is a theophoric meaning "born to Ah" ( Ah being the moon god.)

We see similar usages with the root word "mss" (no vowels written out) and the gods Ra, Thoth, Ka and Amen (Amun) as Rameses, Thutmoses, Kamose, and Amenmesse to name a few.

Mss, (Moses) by itself, means "born to" nobody.

But it doesn't stop people like drippy from falling for it.

He and Rohl and Mahoney are all perpetrators of this shit:

[Image: 4f39ea4d24c0e69f73a8dafbd9dc175f.jpg]
You have to understand what's at stake for people like Drich. If the Torah is not a divinely inspired set of documents, if the Exodus is fiction and the law not given to Moses as claimed, if it is all later nationalist propaganda from the time of Josiah then Paul's ravings about Grace and the Law are just the concoction of a deluded idiot.

Of course, Drich will deny to his dying day that he could be wrong about any of it. Yeah, it sucks to be him, but he'll never understand that. He can't afford to.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 7221 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  didnt want to necropost: what completing the law means. Drich 18 1377 May 12, 2020 at 10:51 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] What would you want in a church tackattack 44 3991 March 11, 2019 at 10:10 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Just Look at all Those Fulfilled Prophecies! YahwehIsTheWay 37 5924 December 6, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Exodus 21 Bahana 69 6836 November 9, 2018 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Those Theists Willie23 50 5559 May 21, 2018 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Theists - I want to know what you think LadyForCamus 77 10692 May 14, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why does my family want me to be christian so much? Der/die AtheistIn 17 2921 March 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6279 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Why do Christians want to go to Heaven? Fake Messiah 52 19482 June 28, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Astonished