Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 2:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three)
RE: Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three)
(January 8, 2016 at 8:50 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(January 7, 2016 at 11:29 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: Whether you agree with his hypothesis or not, the points he lists constitute evidence that consciousness is in the brain.

Idiot.  Wink
I never said that the consciousness is or is not in the brain.
I rather said that the consciousness is not the mind or the brain.
That doesn't mean that they all can be located in the same place
like a driver that is located inside a car so the car thanks to all of them can move.
Comprende?  Smile  Wink  Smile

Now you're just making up bullshit objections to avoid having to answer the substance of the matter. The point is that his contention that consciousness is a part of the mind or brain has equal support from the facts he lists as your contention that it is not has. So now you have seen evidence that consciousness is part of the brain and any further blathering about "where's the evidence" on your part is simple dishonesty. Have a nice day.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(January 8, 2016 at 12:25 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote: Come on people, help little Rik out. Lets see some good analogies to help our friend out of his backward beliefs.

I tried earlier and it flew over his pointy head by a country mile.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 8, 2016 at 10:06 am)SofaKingHigh Wrote: A quick question little prik, you claim atoms have consciousness.  My PC is made up of lots and lots of atoms.
Loads of 'em.
Is my PC sentient?

1) Despite your total and ingrain stupidity nevertheless the question has some value.
Consciousness is everywhere even within a murder so it just doesn't mean that because there is consciousness this consciousness has got to be sentient.
2) Consciousness vary in intensity.
In a stone this consciousness is in a latent or dormant stage so if we would have to give a number
from 0 to 10 we could say that consciousness in a stone is next to zero while in a plant can be 1 or 2
in an animal 2 to 3 in a human being 3 to 4 and in the supreme consciousness (God) 10.

Atoms are at the bottom of the conscious scale so to speak.
They have a long long way to go before they take a more developed form of life as plants so it doesn't mean that a huge quantity of atoms as in your PC will give out such a sentient feeling but again it all depend on many other factors.  Lightbulb
(January 9, 2016 at 10:03 am)Little Rik Wrote: [...]Consciousness is everywhere even within a murder

Spit Coffee
ROFLOL
(January 9, 2016 at 10:03 am)Little Rik Wrote: so it just doesn't mean that because there is consciousness this consciousness has got to be sentient.[...]

ROFLOL
Bwahahahaha!!!

He's so delightfully retarded...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(January 8, 2016 at 12:29 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(January 8, 2016 at 8:50 am)Little Rik Wrote: Idiot.  Wink
I never said that the consciousness is or is not in the brain.
I rather said that the consciousness is not the mind or the brain.
That doesn't mean that they all can be located in the same place
like a driver that is located inside a car so the car thanks to all of them can move.
Comprende?  Smile  Wink  Smile

Now you're just making up bullshit objections to avoid having to answer the substance of the matter.  The point is that his contention that consciousness is a part of the mind or brain has equal support from the facts he lists as your contention that it is not has.  So now you have seen evidence that consciousness is part of the brain and any further blathering about "where's the evidence" on your part is simple dishonesty.  Have a nice day.

The concept that we are one with the body-mind 100% is a typical atheist dogma.
Suppose you are stuck inside a car and you have only the option to carry on from point A to point B (from birth to death).
We can well say that you are part of that body but at the same time you are not that body.
It just happen that the master of all life in the universe put you in that situation and you have no option but carry on unless you commit suicide.
That doesn't mean that you are the vehicle therefore doesn't mean that because your consciousness is
stuck in that body-mind you are that body-mind.
This i suppose is a philosophical concept a bit too difficult for you to understand but what can i do.
It is up to you to wake up and grow up so you can understand this simple concept.
Have a good day anyway.  Tiny Tiger
Your mind-body car needs a check Rik.  It's malfunctioning. I wonder whether it's metric or standard?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 9, 2016 at 10:03 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(January 8, 2016 at 10:06 am)SofaKingHigh Wrote: A quick question little prik, you claim atoms have consciousness.  My PC is made up of lots and lots of atoms.
Loads of 'em.
Is my PC sentient?

1) Despite your total and ingrain stupidity nevertheless the question has some value.
Consciousness is everywhere even within a murder so it just doesn't mean that because there is consciousness this consciousness has got to be sentient.
In a stone this consciousness is in a latent or dormant stage so if we would have to give a number
from 0 to 10 we could say that consciousness in a stone is next to zero while in a plant can be 1 or 2
in an animal 2 to 3 in a human being 3 to 4 and in the supreme consciousness (God) 10.

They have a long long way to go before they take a more developed form of life as plants so it doesn't mean that a huge quantity of atoms as in your PC will give out such a sentient feeling but again it all depend on many other factors.  Lightbulb

Bullshit........ Atoms do not think individually, PERIOD, they are a result of motion and attraction. It is bullshit to treat a single atom as if it were a fully intact biological brain. That is just flat out bullshit. Consciousness is an emergent property not a starting point. Atoms have to form certain molecules to form an organ that thinks.

AI is computing it is not biological like a living thing. In both cases if you smash a computer or smash a living thing with a brain, the broken structures even at a molecular level, will not function as the in tact thing.

Si fi woo is just as stupid as old sky wizard claims. Computers calculate and we can get them to "think", and even interact with us, yes. But treating a atom, or mere wave function as if it were in tact is absurd in both cases..

Assuming the wave function or atom can behave as an in tact object is like assuming if you simply pump gas out of the nozzle it will magically become the entire car. The structures of both artificial computers and in tact thinking life BOTH have specific patterns that will not function when broken up.
(January 9, 2016 at 10:39 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(January 8, 2016 at 12:29 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Now you're just making up bullshit objections to avoid having to answer the substance of the matter.  The point is that his contention that consciousness is a part of the mind or brain has equal support from the facts he lists as your contention that it is not has.  So now you have seen evidence that consciousness is part of the brain and any further blathering about "where's the evidence" on your part is simple dishonesty.  Have a nice day.

The concept that we are one with the body-mind 100% is a typical atheist dogma.
Suppose you are stuck inside a car and you have only the option to carry on from point A to point B (from birth to death).
We can well say that you are part of that body but at the same time you are not that body.
It just happen that the master of all life in the universe put you in that situation and you have no option but carry on unless you commit suicide.
That doesn't mean that you are the vehicle therefore doesn't mean that because your consciousness is
This i suppose is a philosophical concept a bit too difficult for you to understand but what can i do.
It is up to you to wake up and grow up so you can understand this simple concept.

My take away from your brain dropping:

1) After all your time here, you still don't understand what "atheist" and "dogma" mean.

2) You continue to utterly misunderstand ideas like "burden of evidence" or "parsimony".

3) You couldn't come up with an apt analogy if your life depended on it.

4) It's possible that you really are as stupid as I suspect in my less generous moods.
(January 9, 2016 at 12:54 pm)Crossless1 Wrote:
(January 9, 2016 at 10:39 am)Little Rik Wrote: The concept that we are one with the body-mind 100% is a typical atheist dogma.

My take away from your brain dropping:

1) After all your time here, you still don't understand what "atheist" and "dogma" mean.

2) You continue to utterly misunderstand ideas like "burden of evidence" or "parsimony".

3) You couldn't come up with an apt analogy if your life depended on it.

4) It's possible that you really are as stupid as I suspect in my less generous moods.

Eh, i got a list long a mile about atheist dogmas or statements lacking solid evidence sold as evidence
so you should really look in the mirror before you point the finger on other people.  Smile
(January 9, 2016 at 10:54 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 9, 2016 at 10:03 am)Little Rik Wrote: 1) Despite your total and ingrain stupidity nevertheless the question has some value.

Bullshit........ Atoms do not think individually, PERIOD, they are a result of motion and attraction. It is bullshit to treat a single atom as if it were a fully intact biological brain. That is just flat out bullshit. Consciousness is an emergent property not a starting point. Atoms have to form certain molecules to form an organ that thinks.

AI is computing it is not biological like a living thing. In both cases if you smash a computer or smash a living thing with a brain, the broken structures even at a molecular level, will not function as the in tact thing.

Si fi woo is just as stupid as old sky wizard claims. Computers calculate and we can get them to "think", and even interact with us, yes. But treating a atom, or mere wave function as if it were in tact is absurd in both cases..

Assuming the wave function or atom can behave as an in tact object is like assuming if you simply pump gas out of the nozzle it will magically become the entire car. The structures of both artificial computers and in tact thinking life BOTH have specific patterns that will not function when broken up.

You are running too fast with your fantasy Brian. Indubitably

1) I never said that atoms have a brain capable to think.
You blame that on me.
I instead said that atoms like everything have consciousness.
Brain and mind come at a later stage when their consciousness will expand into animal life.
In the meantime with that small amount of consciousness atoms have no other way but to follow mother nature instinct which is to merge into bigger form of consciousness but i stop here as your mental capability would not understand much.

2) Here we go again with this crap that ......Consciousness is an emergent property not a starting point.....
Emergent from where Brian?
From the brain?
And where is the evidence then?
To me make more sense that consciousness if emerge emerge from a seed so has always been there.
It just wake up to sprout and take the form of the one who put the seed there in the first place but please
don't take this concept seriously or you could really stop being an atheist.  Smile

Have a good day.  Shy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2941 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6858 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2899 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit Cepheus Ace 18 3125 June 22, 2020 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belief in God is a clinic Interaktive 55 5977 April 1, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Is atheism a belief? Agnostico 1023 88745 March 16, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Catharsis
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3601 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5389 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4841 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 26156 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic