Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 7:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three)
RE: Atheism the unscientific belief (part one, two, and three)
(February 6, 2016 at 4:24 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(February 5, 2016 at 11:02 am)SofaKingHigh Wrote: Oh Prik, everything flies over your head doesn't it?

The answer was a joke my friend.  The Surgeon joked about the "relationship" between evolution and consciousness earlier in the piece and I merely carried it on.

You see, "It's Complicated" is a relationship status on Facebook, whilst at the same time being a correct answer to the question.

A rather wonderful play on words that you missed quite spectacularly.
Bless you.

Sofa, you should understand that LR is a simple innocent boy.  Consoling
He never goes on Facebook or to see movies.  Undecided
He doesn't know what happen out there in the intellectual world.  Huh
Actually i went one time to a Wine bar were intellectual congregate.  Diablo
It seem that these people were masturbating their brains in the effort to say
so many things that make no sense so i never went back there.  Banging Head On Desk
Now i only can rely on intelligent people like you to understand how the system works.
That is why i was hoping you would tell me what is the relationship between the
consciousness and the evolution.
But if you don't know who should i ask to?  Truce
Do you know anybody among your mates who can help?  Thanks

I'm not on Facebook either Guru, no excuse for not getting a very obvious joke.

It is clear that you don't go to see movies or read books, so it didn't need pointing out that you don't know what happens in "the intellectual world."   Thanks anyway.

I'm guessing you spend most of your time sat in the lotus position humming to the sound of dolphins humping each other to a state of higher consciousness.

"It seem that these people were masturbating their brains in the effort to say so many things that make no sense so i never went back there." - Said without the slightest hint of irony.

You are the gift that just keeps on giving Little Prik. 

Bless you.
You may refer to me as "Oh High One."
Pool the great' argument against omnipresence

There is <insert omnipresent being/thing> everywhere.
Implies:
There is <insert omnipresent being/thing> in absolute vaccum.
Implies:
There is no such thing as <insert omnipresent being/thing>.
Easily provable with set theory.

Thanks to Rik for helping me come up with this, i will be using this. A lot. Hehehehehe
Bwa
Ha
Ha
I do struggle with the idea that God "is everywhere", but when asked for evidence, I get told that actually he's "outside space and time". Otherwise known as not being anywhere, ever.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I finally got "Blow Jesus out your ass."
You know because they say God is everywhere so you'd expect to find him if you blow out your ass and then he'd come out but all you're gonna find is splattered shit HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
(February 7, 2016 at 12:25 pm)pool the great Wrote:
(February 7, 2016 at 5:53 am)Little Rik Wrote: I leave the scientific knowledge about this issue to those who study physics and other forms of knowledge
related to this universe.
One day they will discover what yoga already knows ages ago and that is that everything is in the mind of the cosmic consciousness including the non matter.
Nothing is outside so yes there certainly is consciousness in it.  Lightbulb

I can't believe you fell for it. You just said that there is consciousness in absolute vaccum. The only something in nothing is nothing, genius.
PROOF: Consider null set A and null set B. A intersection B equals null set.(I'm on mobile or I'd post a detailed proof.)
Basically by admitting there is consciousness in absolute vaccum you have indirectly implied that there is no such thing as "consciousness". Good Day.
I Win! lol

You got big big expectation son.
You elect yourself to be the winner but the only winner can be the one chosen by an independent referee.
You got to be patient and wait until the waiter serve you the bill.
At that stage all your excitement will vanish and with a red face you will have to face the music.
All this physical reality can be manipulated as you wish.
Officially speaking the time has been calculated by GMT so the hours and minutes suppose to be the same for me and you according this GMT system but they are not.
For dreamer like you the reality most probably will be very hard and the time is longer and longer while for me the time may pass in a flash so from this simple example we understand that the time is not
something fixed but something that can be manipulated and annulled completely as can be annulled anything related to this physical universe.
The low of physics rely to this physical universe that is why they are called physical.
These laws are confined to this physical universe and make sense only within this place.
Outside this place they make no sense of whatsoever that is why you should be careful to consider the whole aspect of the issue.
You can keep on dreaming that the reality is what the laws of physics say but that is a gamble.
It is only when you will be presented with the bill that everything will make sense.
So no, you lost once again.  Smile
(February 8, 2016 at 5:11 am)SofaKingHigh Wrote:
(February 6, 2016 at 4:24 am)Little Rik Wrote: Sofa, you should understand that LR is a simple innocent boy.  Consoling
He never goes on Facebook or to see movies.  Undecided
He doesn't know what happen out there in the intellectual world.  Huh
Actually i went one time to a Wine bar were intellectual congregate.  Diablo
It seem that these people were masturbating their brains in the effort to say
so many things that make no sense so i never went back there.  Banging Head On Desk
Now i only can rely on intelligent people like you to understand how the system works.
That is why i was hoping you would tell me what is the relationship between the
consciousness and the evolution.
But if you don't know who should i ask to?  Truce
Do you know anybody among your mates who can help?  Thanks

I'm not on Facebook either Guru, no excuse for not getting a very obvious joke.

It is clear that you don't go to see movies or read books, so it didn't need pointing out that you don't know what happens in "the intellectual world."   Thanks anyway.

I'm guessing you spend most of your time sat in the lotus position humming to the sound of dolphins humping each other to a state of higher consciousness.

"It seem that these people were masturbating their brains in the effort to say so many things that make no sense so i never went back there." - Said without the slightest hint of irony.

You are the gift that just keeps on giving Little Prik. 
Bless you.

Keep on talking about things not related to the question but you are not answering the question.
Guess why Sofa?
You haven't got a clue about the issue and yet you try to stay high up as you would be the smart one.
Evolution is one of the most important pillar in which atheists rely to in order to knock down religious people beliefs but how can stand on this so called pillar when you haven't got a clue about evolution.
Bless you too mate.  Smile
Rik, what you just would make sense if i was talking about physics. I'M TALKING BOUT MATH YO. yo.
yo. yo.
Abstract math baby.
It aiant physical nizzikle.
Kaboom!
I win. Again.
(February 8, 2016 at 6:12 am)robvalue Wrote: I do struggle with the idea that God "is everywhere", but when asked for evidence, I get told that actually he's "outside space and time". Otherwise known as not being anywhere, ever.

That is a very interesting question Rob.
Suppose few people try to see something.
One guy vision is perfect so he will see the picture in full with all colors and details.
The second guy vision is not that good so he can not possibly see the picture in detail.
If you then take a blind person he will not see anything at all.
Guess where i am taking Rob?
If you still haven't work that out LR is here to help. (free tutoring once again)
It is all about consciousness.
The more your consciousness is high and the better you can see the full picture.
But guess what Rob?
Atheists desire to improve their spiritual consciousness is definitively not a priority in life
so no wonder they can not understand what lie outside this physical reality.
God is everywhere but with a limited consciousness your awareness of Him is next to zero if not zero
at all that is why you can not possibly find Him.  Lightbulb
(February 8, 2016 at 11:00 am)pool the great Wrote: Rik, what you just would make sense if i was talking about physics. I'M TALKING BOUT MATH YO. yo.
yo. yo.
Abstract math baby.
Kaboom!
I win. Again.

Your abstract idea is something that you create in your mind.
You may not touch, see with your eyes, smell it, or feel in any way but nevertheless is something
that get registered in your mind.
Guess what Pool the great?  I'm all ears!
Everything that get registered in one mind is made of consciousness.
How then could you be aware of it?
So now we talk about your math.
You think of something and you activate your consciousness.
There is no other way around unless of course you think with your backside.
(something that i suspect you do)  Wink
So yes even an absolute vacuum is made of consciousness.
Sorry son.
You lost again.  Smile
(February 8, 2016 at 11:23 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(February 8, 2016 at 11:00 am)pool the great Wrote: Rik, what you just would make sense if i was talking about physics. I'M TALKING BOUT MATH YO. yo.
yo. yo.
Abstract math baby.
Kaboom!
I win. Again.

Your abstract idea is something that you create in your mind.
You may not touch, see with your eyes, smell it, or feel in any way but nevertheless is something
that get registered in your mind.
Guess what Pool the great?  I'm all ears!
Everything that get registered in one mind is made of consciousness.
How then could you be aware of it?
So now we talk about your math.
You think of something and you activate your consciousness.
There is no other way around unless of course you think with your backside.
(something that i suspect you do)  Wink
So yes even an absolute vacuum is made of consciousness.
Sorry son.
You lost again.  Smile

I think I see the difference now between what you're saying and main stream Christianity.  You say consciousness is everything while they say everything is God.  But disagree with both of you.  I think everything is like Popeye, they am what they am.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2941 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6857 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How may one refute the religious stonewall argument "all is one"? Osopatata 29 2898 December 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit Cepheus Ace 18 3125 June 22, 2020 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Belief in God is a clinic Interaktive 55 5977 April 1, 2019 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Is atheism a belief? Agnostico 1023 88738 March 16, 2019 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Catharsis
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3601 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Do you know that homeopathy doesn't work, or do you just lack belief that it does? I_am_not_mafia 24 5387 August 25, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Two Myths I Wish Atheists Would Stop Buying Into Rhondazvous 26 4840 June 7, 2018 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why Atheism/Secular Humanism... Part II TheReal 53 26155 April 23, 2018 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mystic