Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 7:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Problem with Christians
RE: The Problem with Christians
I know! I took a whole year away from vital research to take part in this thread.

What am I going to do now? I can't even remember what I was supposed to be researching. It could have been really important.

God damn it! It must have been important, because I was doing it. What are you saying exactly? I was probably stopping an imminent tactical meteor invasion or something. Now we'll never know.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 1, 2016 at 7:55 am)robvalue Wrote: God damn it! It must have been important, because I was doing it. What are you saying exactly? I was probably stopping an imminent tactical meteor invasion or something. Now we'll never know.

LOL, well if that is the case I bet we will figure it out pretty damn quick!

[Image: 406bc51c85a792542e802511556dcc25.jpg]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(April 1, 2016 at 7:07 am)AJW333 Wrote:
(April 1, 2016 at 6:29 am)Tpocaracas Wrote: I wonder how you arrive at the chance of "there being a super intelligence that designed it all".

You seemed to be quite happy to lay out nice round numbers for the chance of evolution happening.... how about this super intelligence? No numbers?

How about 100%  Smile

Care to show how you arrived at that number?
(March 31, 2016 at 8:46 pm)AAA Wrote:
(March 31, 2016 at 8:15 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: So...in what sense is this indicative of an all powerful super-intelligent eternal creator and judge of all man kind again?  And In what sense is this NOT indicative of the possibility of such a thing occurring naturally under the right set of circumstances?  I'm missing your point.

The point is that life contains extremely elegant systems to accomplish what it needs to. There are not explanations for how these elegant systems arose. However, humans have been able to (through the use of intelligence) produce fairly elegant systems as well. This leads some people to conclude that these elegant systems may have been the product of intelligence.

Or...that humans are intelligent enough to discover and replicate the necessary conditions for such elegant systems to arise on their own...
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

(April 1, 2016 at 8:16 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(April 1, 2016 at 7:55 am)robvalue Wrote: God damn it! It must have been important, because I was doing it. What are you saying exactly? I was probably stopping an imminent tactical meteor invasion or something. Now we'll never know.

LOL, well if that is the case I bet we will figure it out pretty damn quick!

It will probably turn out to be the meteors now I've said that. If we all get killed I'll never hear the end of it!
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
(April 1, 2016 at 8:32 am)robvalue Wrote:
(April 1, 2016 at 8:16 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: LOL, well if that is the case I bet we will figure it out pretty damn quick!

It will probably turn out to be the meteors now I've said that. If we all get killed I'll never hear the end of it!

When we get to Hell you are in BIG trouble, mister!

No way, I'm not going to hell, I've been an extremely good boy Angel

I eat all my vegetables. No I don't, actually I can't for medical reasons. I have to mash them up. But if could eat them, I would. The ones I like anyway. Not many of them. But if I did like them, and I could eat them, I would. Probably.

Heaven here I come! I hope I didn't forget anything.

Index of my best videos
Meteorite. More correctly asteroid, or comet. Either way, definitely not meteor. They're totally harmless.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
OK, my research was all wrong anyway then Tongue

I developed those huge metal hats for nothing!

God wouldn't let us all get killed like he did with the dinosaurs and 99% of all species that have ever existed on the planet. He likes us the most.

Index of my best videos
(April 1, 2016 at 8:37 am)robvalue Wrote: No way, I'm not going to hell, I've been an extremely good boy Angel

I eat all my vegetables. No I don't, actually I can't for medical reasons. I have to mash them up. But if could eat them, I would. The ones I like anyway. Not many of them. But if I did like them, and I could eat them, I would. Probably.

Heaven here I come! I hope I didn't forget anything.

Rob, Rob, Rob...don't you know the road to hell is paved with good intentions?! Now eat your broccoli! You may need a colectomy afterwords, but at least you'll get to spend all of eternity holding hands with Jebus!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 8292 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 32447 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 52823 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Christians : my problem with Christianity, some questions. WinterHold 115 20096 March 28, 2015 at 7:43 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  The Problem of Evil, Christians, and Inconsistency Mudhammam 46 10574 September 24, 2014 at 5:22 am
Last Post: genkaus
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 16181 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 10018 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris