Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Problem with Christians
The Problem with Christians
They ignore logic. Not only that, they ignore it to the detriment of reason so that they can create these silly counter arguments that are not even logical.

Oh, forgive me, their arguments are logical to them and their perpetually damaging delusion.

Christians only create, as they did their imaginary friend since the beginning of time, apologetics because they know they are on the loosing end, and they think they can somehow cling to something meaningful if more idiots follow their brand of idiocy.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: The Problem with Christians
That's basically what religion is, not just Christianity. A coping mechanism that gives people an excuse not to use their brains.
(February 27, 2016 at 5:32 am)Napoléon Wrote: That's basically what religion is, not just Christianity. A coping mechanism that gives people an excuse not to use their brains.

This.
Yeah, all religion is lazy, magical thinking. And that in itself is harmful. The less your internal model of reality matches actual reality, the worse your chances are of making good decisions.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I have to disagree in part. The mental contortions in which religionists have to engage in order to convince themselves that they're not delusional is frequently anything but lazy. If they put as much energy into actual thinking as they do into 'thinking', we could have had replicators and android body servants 500 years ago.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Childhood psychological conditioning makes it easier.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(February 27, 2016 at 5:44 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I have to disagree in part.  The mental contortions in which religionists have to engage in order to convince themselves that they're not delusional is frequently anything but lazy.  If they put as much energy into actual thinking as they do into 'thinking', we could have had replicators and android body servants 500 years ago.

Boru

Indeed have you seen the mental contortions made by our pet theist on the subject of Noahs ark. It's sad that people can in put so much effort and fail at every turn.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Lol, that is a good point!

I see people on this site write hundreds of pages of absolute crap, straining so hard to make their fairytale narratives make sense that I'm surprised their eyes haven't burst. If they put that much effort into some actual learning, they'd all have a good grasp of actual science by now. Or whatever else they might want to learn.

It must be exhausting, actually. To constantly have to account for everything, to weave each new piece of information into a pre-set story, and to make excuses for your abusive parent figure. He leaves the door wide open for strangers to walk in, then watches as they rape his young children. "Free will", he says, while doing nothing to stop them.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
The sad bit is putting that much effort into being consistently, unwaveringly and unapologetically [pun intended] wrong.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Yep, that is the worst part. Their "conclusions" are nonsense.

I could replace those hundreds of pages with "I don't know the answer to that question". And "Clearly, neither do you."

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7593 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 30532 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christians. Prove That You Are Real/True Christians Nope 155 50595 September 1, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Christians : my problem with Christianity, some questions. WinterHold 115 19506 March 28, 2015 at 7:43 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  The Problem of Evil, Christians, and Inconsistency Mudhammam 46 10250 September 24, 2014 at 5:22 am
Last Post: genkaus
  The first Christians weren't Bible Christians Phatt Matt s 60 15537 March 26, 2014 at 10:26 am
Last Post: rightcoaster
  Now Christians piss of Christians. leo-rcc 10 9906 December 11, 2010 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris