Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 5, 2024, 5:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intelligence.
RE: Intelligence.
From what I remember, it had a lot of pattern spotting yes, questions about how words relate to each other...

I think there were number sequences. My memory of it isn't great. I do remember little diagrams of various shapes, and you had to pick the ones that corresponded in some abstract way.

It was all about how quickly you could answer questions. I think it was like an hour, or maybe hour and a half, and unlimited questions. You just went through as many as you could do in the time allowed. I did it in a big examination hall... at the University of East Anglia in Norwich. Funnily enough I ended up going back there to do my degree.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
So it's like I expected, IQ tests test only one aspect of intelligence - pattern analysis.
Who knows how many other aspects there are to it? We are probably aware of only half of the aspects of intelligence and of the half,able to measure only 1 aspect.

I hope people see how meaningless this renders this "Intelligence Quotient" test.
Yeah. In the whole question of overall intelligence, it's pretty meaningless. You could be very good at this, but hopeless in other respects, making you overall not "intelligent" at all.

How you would go about defining what intelligence is, and how much each aspect matters, would be very subjective in my opinion.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
This obvious lack of subtlety is why I have a hard time taking clubs like MENSA seriously.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Yeah Blush

That totally wasn't why I took the test...

Index of my best videos
Cut me some slack, I was young. It was all about dat ass.

I didn't do anything with the one year I was a member, but I did have 100% more dates that year than any other year in high school.

Index of my best videos
Why did you stop being a member?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

When I got in, I realized I just wanted to see if I could get in. I couldn't be bothered with it.

Whoops! How pointless. Probably a missed opportunity.

Index of my best videos
At my age they don't give me IQ tests. They seem to all be about cognitive function and mental status.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
(April 19, 2016 at 7:04 am)robvalue Wrote: When I got in, I realized I just wanted to see if I could get in. I couldn't be bothered with it.

Whoops! How pointless. Probably a missed opportunity.

You remind me a bit of Marvin the robot sometimes Smile
Brain the size of a planet, and no job satisfaction!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Correlations between Intelligence & Interest Azu 6 1407 May 8, 2017 at 11:32 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Intelligence, Consciousness and Soul, oh my; Sy Montgomery's "The Soul of an Octopus" Whateverist 11 2439 February 2, 2016 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Relation Between Memory and Intelligence? Rhondazvous 13 3947 December 15, 2015 at 11:30 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Intelligence of Crows A Theist 10 3155 November 6, 2010 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Ashendant
  Our cousins take another smalls step in the Evolution of Intelligence! theVOID 10 5632 January 5, 2010 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet