Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 4:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope for America!!
RE: Hope for America!!
(April 20, 2016 at 9:32 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: Yeah, Fahrenheit 451 was a great book.  I really liked Brave New World, too.  Still need to get around to reading 1984 and Animal Farm.

IMO Fahrenheit 451 > Brave New World > Animal Farm > 1984.  I'm kind of down on 1984, but am certainly in the minority on that count, though.  I'd wager far more people have it as their #1 out of those four.  I just recommend that any reading of 1984 should be paired with a reading of Darkness at Noon by Arthur Koestler.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(April 20, 2016 at 1:14 pm)Mathilda Wrote:
(April 20, 2016 at 12:22 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Do you take baseball bats to them? Perhaps you hold their heads under water?

At what point does Drich decide that it's too much? How does he decide how much to punish them?
What makes you think I don't nor did not always have limits?

Physical discipline is always a emotionless calculated decision, meant to disrupt a bad or destructive behavior. The type of swat or the amount of swatting involved is based on infraction and severity or number of times this behavior has been dealt with prior.

Once the behavior has been torn down with a spanking the child is built back up, the set up to this disipline is as important and consistency with discipline as well as the discussion and goal setting afterward, along with follow up and follow through.

Anything else you may have imagined and ascribed to me from your own personal beatdowns from your bad or wicked parents is based on your own selfrighteousness and wishing the worst of someone who simply does things differently than you do. (which makes you and people like you very bad people, because you judge with out detail or complete information, you are a mindless linch mob for fills in gaps rather than seek out truth.)

Hey look mothra the dot is now on you get it..
You actually whip a child?

Please tell me that's merely some sort of cultural linguistic thing, as distinct from literal. Lie to me if you have to. Otherwise the next whipping would be right in your face, if I got the chance.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(April 20, 2016 at 1:44 pm)Stimbo Wrote: When they stop making sounds?

as per the OP

Dead Horse
(April 20, 2016 at 2:14 pm)abaris Wrote:
(April 20, 2016 at 1:14 pm)Mathilda Wrote: At what point does Drich decide that it's too much? How does he decide how much to punish them?

I'm amazed this is still legal in some US states. But obviously nothing should surprise me anymore, going by what I read these last few weeks on American state legislation and it's archaic nature.

I'm used to doctors and teachers being advised to file a report if a child shows bruises consisten with a beating. Not to them taking a bat to the child themselves.

you better hope hillary gets elected and not trump. If trump get elected I think he will mandate we all start whipping our children inorder to "make america great again!"
(April 20, 2016 at 3:21 pm)The_Empress Wrote:
(April 20, 2016 at 9:12 am)Drich Wrote: Here in this part of the web site it's to share a news story/current event and spark a conversation about the merrits of "training" a child verse just beating them, or letting them grow like an untamed weed.

Ok. Let me put it another way: Why do you come here, to this forum in general? Not the thread you started; not the subfora you tend to frequent.

Why do you hang out here at AF.org?

http://atheistforums.org/thread-11671.html

As outlined in Thread #1 post #1
(April 21, 2016 at 10:47 am)Drich Wrote: you better hope hillary gets elected and not trump. If trump get elected I think he will mandate we all start whipping our children inorder to "make america great again!"

Only because he wants to fuck his daughter, so spanking her is the closest he can get to it without getting into trouble.
(April 21, 2016 at 10:36 am)Whateverist the White Wrote: Spanking is an equally horrible idea where dog training is involved.  The bond/relationship is core to any training you want to do.  Beating a dog undermines the bond.  Of course those who interpret sniveling and groveling as love and respect will go on beating their dogs and kids.

Completely. Cowering with fear and unable to do anything but blindly obey is a very specific kind of "training", and not one that is at all concerned with the wellbeing of the recipient.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 21, 2016 at 10:45 am)Drich Wrote:
(April 20, 2016 at 1:44 pm)Stimbo Wrote: When they stop making sounds?

as per the OP

Dead Horse

Are you being facetious, or tacitly - or even blatantly - admitting that your cut-off point for "whipping" is when the victim is dead?

I'm 99% sure of what you're saying; I just want to hold you accountable to your own words. For the sake of clarity, of course.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(April 21, 2016 at 10:44 am)Drich Wrote:
(April 20, 2016 at 1:14 pm)Mathilda Wrote: At what point does Drich decide that it's too much? How does he decide how much to punish them?
What makes you think I don't nor did not always have limits?

Physical discipline is always a emotionless calculated decision, meant to disrupt a bad or destructive behavior. The type of swat or the amount of swatting involved is based on infraction and severity or number of times this behavior has been dealt with prior.

Once the behavior has been torn down with a spanking the child is built back up, the set up to this disipline is as important and consistency with discipline as well as the discussion and goal setting afterward, along with follow up and follow through.

So which is it?

On the one hand you are saying that you hit a child until you get the results that you want. You are admitting that there is no actual limit to how much you will hit a child.

If the child continues to rebel, how far are you personally willing to go?

But on the other hand you suggest that you have limits. What are those limits?

Do you personally know how much you are willing to hit a child?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this fake news? I hope so, but I do not know... FlatAssembler 5 901 June 2, 2021 at 4:24 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  America's newest chess master Silver 9 797 May 20, 2021 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  [Serious] Josh Hawley is the most dangerous man in America WinterHold 15 1038 January 9, 2021 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The REAL Threat To America BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1193 December 15, 2020 at 1:21 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hope Springs Covid. Brian37 8 850 October 2, 2020 at 9:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  America’s Chief Export BrianSoddingBoru4 107 7289 April 21, 2020 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A Saudi hit and run criminal breaks his electric ankle bracelet and flees America WinterHold 22 3260 April 15, 2019 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  [Serious] America can you pls stop meddling in countries you have no busienss in. Cepheus Ace 44 3310 March 26, 2019 at 11:51 am
  Another day another mass shooting in America downbeatplumb 35 5568 August 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm
  America is introducing 3D-printed guns now Alexmahone 29 3428 August 1, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: TaraJo