Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 4:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
RE: Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
Yeah, the choice of using floppy eared cutey-patootie bloodhounds for Ramsay's bloodthirsty dogs was a bit odd. It's the north. Wolf-looking dogs will do just fine. Good catch about them disappearing, I didn't even notice it. Either way, I doubt a dog killing scene was too gruesome for GoT. I mean they did show Melly Mel's old ass vag 10 mins later. Whew!

Maybe Theon uses his dried up hollowed out weiner for a dog whistle? Got it back from daddy and put it to use.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(April 25, 2016 at 7:48 am)pocaracas Wrote: I guess the scene got edited out due to being too gross for dog-lovers...
[...]

That's what I'm thinking. They probably ran test screenings and the test audiences had a problem with "good guys" killing animals. Animals were killed on GOT before, but pretty much always by the "bad guys" - like Sansa's direwolf, killed because of Joffrey, or Rob's direwolf, killed by Frey's men during the Red Wedding. It was probably too late to re-shoot the scene, so they just cut it and hoped no one would care.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(April 25, 2016 at 8:00 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(April 25, 2016 at 7:48 am)pocaracas Wrote: I guess the scene got edited out due to being too gross for dog-lovers...
[...]

That's what I'm thinking. They probably ran test screenings and the test audiences had a problem with "good guys" killing animals. Animals were killed on GOT before, but pretty much always by the "bad guys" - like Sansa's direwolf, killed because of Joffrey, or Rob's direwolf, killed by Frey's men during the Red Wedding. It was probably too late to re-shoot the scene, so they just cut it and hoped no one would care.

Sansa's direwolf was killed by Ned, not a bad guy. Also, they never specifically showed an animal getting killed or harmed, it was merely implied, except for horses, so there's no possible prior(too much?) there.
(April 25, 2016 at 8:26 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: Sansa's direwolf was killed by Ned, not a bad guy.

Yes, but it was obviously at the wish of Joffrey, so it served to make his character more odious (and perhaps Robert Baratheon's), not Ned's.

(April 25, 2016 at 8:26 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: Also, they never specifically showed an animal getting killed or harmed, it was merely implied, except for horses, so there's no possible prior(too much?) there.

Well - horses ARE animals and the ones I can think of, that were intentionally killed on the show were killed by "bad guys" - like the Mountain, in which case it was shown very graphically.

Also - Rob's wolf was shown being killed (even if covered by the cage) and then its cut-off head was on Rob's body. If that's "merely implied" - I'm not sure what you'd consider "specifically shown".
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(April 25, 2016 at 8:45 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(April 25, 2016 at 8:26 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: Sansa's direwolf was killed by Ned, not a bad guy.

Yes, but it was obviously at the wish of Joffrey, so it served to make his character more odious (and perhaps Robert Baratheon's), not Ned's.

(April 25, 2016 at 8:26 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: Also, they never specifically showed an animal getting killed or harmed, it was merely implied, except for horses, so there's no possible prior(too much?) there.

Well - horses ARE animals and the ones I can think of, that were intentionally killed on the show were killed by "bad guys" - like the Mountain, in which case it was shown very graphically.

Also - Rob's wolf was shown being killed (even if covered by the cage) and then its cut-off head was on Rob's body. If that's "merely implied" - I'm not sure what you'd consider "specifically shown".

That's got nothing to do with what we were discussing, which is that the audience supposedly doesn't wish to see good guys killing animals, which is what would've happened in both cases if that's what happened in this episode, and both times out of necessity because someone evil put those animals in those situations. So your argument fails on this point.

I seem to recall Daenerys's lover and champion in that instance killing a horse, and also Brienne just now, if I'm not mistaken. I believe also Bronn killed a horse defending Tyrion, but I'm not sure about that. Horses are animals, but not as loved by people as dogs are, obviously.

Grey Wind wasn't shown being killed(because only the cage was filmed, and we only got the audio) just as Nymeria wasn't, but you've got a point with the direwolf's head, but not as much as you might think, since it was already dead and an entirely different situation(you couldn't imagine a similar one with the Bolton's dogs). But I think you're just arguing for what you want to be true, not for what's actually there, so there's clearly no point in continuing this.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEmbzsQn2Iz/
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(April 25, 2016 at 8:57 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: That's got nothing to do with what we were discussing[...]

Oh, ok then...
lol

What you don't seem to take into account is that killing the blood-hounds is not even implied in this scene - they're just there in one shot - not there in the next. They make noise when Brienne appears, then they're silent. If you have a rational explanation - I'd love to hear it.
(April 25, 2016 at 9:24 am)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(April 25, 2016 at 8:57 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: That's got nothing to do with what we were discussing[...]

Oh, ok then...
lol

What you don't seem to take into account is that killing the blood-hounds is not even implied in this scene - they're just there in one shot - not there in the next. They make noise when Brienne appears, then they're silent. If you have a rational explanation - I'd love to hear it.

Podrick killed them while everyone else was busy with Brienne.
(Not really, but horse bigger than dog could work to get the dogs away, at least)
Read while watching a GoT related video.
[Image: fRA6DM.jpg]
(April 25, 2016 at 9:32 am)pocaracas Wrote: Podrick killed them while everyone else was busy with Brienne.
(Not really, but horse bigger than dog could work to get the dogs away, at least)

LOL. Sure - if Podrick can kill trained swordsmen in melee combat now - he may just as well be able to stealth-kill multiple dogs, while no one is watching... Tongue

And yeah - a horse might scare dogs away... Except these are hounds - they're bred and trained for hunts, they've been around horses all their lives. I mean - the Bolton men were on horseback in that very scene.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 383 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  I wan't to express, that I disliked Rick and Morty season 3 Der/die AtheistIn 38 3670 February 6, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  'Tis the Season (almost) -- your favorite Nativity photos here! Jehanne 38 3471 December 27, 2018 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 7123 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Video Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] SteelCurtain 357 72880 January 28, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  X-Files season 11 (maybe) Silver 10 2108 January 26, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
Tongue Let's talk Black Mirror season 4 Aoi Magi 23 4156 January 15, 2018 at 9:35 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Which is the best survivor season? ErGingerbreadMandude 4 1154 October 22, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Game of Thrones Season 7 trailer, "The Long Walk" Aegon 3 996 March 30, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Do not watch the movie, "The Arrival" because it is pro-life propaganda. {Spoilers} Silver 21 5417 February 6, 2017 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda