Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 3:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OP/ED RANT... "You live in your parent's basment"
RE: OP/ED RANT... "You live in your parent's basment"
I hate my neighbors, though.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Someone is citing figures which require a much more nuanced explanation than he'd like to explore, because if he did it would become apparent that those statistics don't actually result from sexism. But whatever.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(April 30, 2016 at 10:35 am)Losty Wrote: Wrong thread dude

Not really, my title was about the basement meme, but that is hurled mainly at males in all directions from all religious and economic positions on all sides. So when it comes to ad homins vs reality the stats of male victims and female victims matter. The way we view leadership and victims in reality matters. 

Our world is still overly gender roll bias and men not only discriminate against women, but other men as well.
Yea but that un-researched list belongs in a pool thread where people just post a lot of shit without actually considering the causes or how half of them are as a result of gender bias against women not men.

If a man and woman are equally qualified to perform a very dangerous job where they could die, the man is going to get that job 9 times out of 10. So if you see 9 out of 10 work related deaths being men, it's not employers intentionally murdering their male employees because of sexism, its employers only having male employees because of sexism against women.

It's not to say men never suffer from sexism, I was just pointing out that his post belongs in a pool thread.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(April 29, 2016 at 12:12 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I don't like gender rolls at all. 

Is this a gender roll? Wink

[Image: b2af0e923f049322bf2f7e84789ce397.jpg]

What about this?

[Image: penis_bread_by_eyemelt23-d4idnyp.jpg]

Edit to Add: Sorry to play Spelling Nazi on "gender roles"... I just thought the pun was too good to miss making fun of.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(April 30, 2016 at 3:27 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:

Is this a gender roll?  Wink

What about this?

Edit to Add: Sorry to play Spelling Nazi on "gender roles"... I just thought the pun was too good to miss making fun of.

Ha!  That reminds me of Penny Arcade every year around X-mas where they ask fans to send in pictures of their Dickerdoodle cookies.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(April 29, 2016 at 11:51 am)Brian37 Wrote: RANT MODE ON.....

"The basement argument"........ 

Ok, this is the bullshit pejorative slur used when someone doesn't like the argument or blasphemy of the other. "You must live in your parent's basement" since I don't agree with you. Now, I have seen this BULLSHIT argument used by BOTH atheists and theists, and even with political and economic views. AND IN ALL DIRECTIONS......... FUCKING KNOCK IT OFF.......How someone gets, their bills paid, or where they live is none of your fucking business unless you are directly involved in the relationship. If you are arguing religion, then stick to the topic. If you are arguing economics stick to the topic. But, I will not put up with EITHER theists or atheists demonizing someone one like this. BOTH ATHEISTS AND THEISTS........

Where someone lives or what their class is, has nothing to do with if they are right or wrong. What matters is the topic and the facts they have to back up their claims, not their living habits. (END RANT)

But seriously dude; time to move out.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

What about this?

Um, under those temperatures I guess so, but that is not exactly what I meant.  Tongue

What was that first pastry? Someone's interpretation of John Holmes?
If someone told me "Oh yeah! Well you live in your parents basement!"

My response would be "No, I don't. But I can say random shit about where you don't live too. You live in Antarctica with the penguins. Not embarrassing enough? Okay well as a human, you're the social outcast there and all the penguins think you suck. Now please get infuriated at this B.S. I just made up."

What about this?

That first one looks delicious. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone visit a volcano, or live near a volcano? Brian37 27 1603 October 21, 2021 at 5:12 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  24 hours to live onlinebiker 115 6784 January 1, 2021 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Parent Trap movie, do you think Lindsay Lohan does British English well in it? Sweden83 6 985 December 5, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Pro Humble Brag - Parent Edition. The Grand Nudger 26 2168 March 15, 2020 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Are you happy where you live? Macoleco 39 3027 August 22, 2019 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  If you could live in a fairy tale Foxaèr 35 6135 November 11, 2018 at 7:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Self entitled meaningless rant. Brian37 4 765 October 22, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Are you anything like your parent(s)? Foxaèr 27 3045 July 29, 2018 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Would you want to live here? Foxaèr 22 4232 April 28, 2018 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: c172
  Anyone live near Washington DC? Whateverist 25 2083 April 1, 2018 at 2:59 am