Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 1:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
RE: Game of Thrones Season 6 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN]
Lololol... I'm just thinking about all those poor f*ckers, who translate GOT into other languages, trying to make the origin of Hodor's name make sense. Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
I'm a big fan of the show, I think people know by now, but this was the shittiest hour of television ever. I mean, I realize they're probably limited financially in how much quality TV they can give us, and maybe that's a sign that the latter half of the season is going to be especially epic, but this episode was a complete waste of time but for the final few minutes. Everything else in it was so bad and useless you might as well be watching fish swim in an aquarium.
Well... I liked it!

And I too cried... damn...

As for the rest...

Petyr Baelish looking undone in the same episode that Varys looks undone... hrmm. Thinking

Bran is something special. He can time travel, and can affect the past, so can he harness it and prevent the Children of the Forest from creating the Night King in the first place?

Is the Night King's brand on Bran's arm a permanent beacon, or is it like Frodo putting the ring on? If the former, he's fucked.

Jorah needs to find a Rite-Aid, and quick.

Summer!!! Angry Another Direwolf down. Just Ghost and Nymeria left. Poor puppies. Seeing the demise of Hodor and Summer in the same 3 minutes was almost too much.

Brienne in the Riverlands? Might we see a certain someone?

Where are Asha and Theon going? Castle Black? Deepwood Motte? Certainly not Winterfell... right?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 23, 2016 at 7:19 am)pocaracas Wrote: [...]
- I liked skeptical Varys.... although.... having actually seen dragons... well... [...]

Even in a universe, where dragons, magic, or gods exist - there's still going to be bullsh*t, probably even more, than in our reality - precisely because many people have seen weird sh*t of some kind and are therefore more likely to trust a charlatan. And religions, as well as prophecies would seem like a pretty lucrative scam, even in a fantasy world. 

It's also worth mentioning, that G.R.R.Martin is anti-war and an atheist/agnostic. Critique of both war and religion is fairly prevalent in his work. Do we really expect, that he will end his Opus Magnum with a worn cliche, like a sexy, violent messiah slaughtering "the bad guys" in a great battle of Good vs Evil, as foreseen by some religious nuts? Even if he does that - it's quite likely not going to be a happy ending. Although that's the books - who knows what TV writers are going to do...

Funnily enough - the show already seems to hint, that prophecies are bullsh*t, although that's likely just a continuity error, stemming from the fact, that many different writers work on this show and they don't necessarily always pay attention to one another's input, while they "improve" on the book.

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Well...he held the damn door :c
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
But how could he have done so long enough to permit Bran his gal to get very far away?

I'm trying to understand what exactly happened with Hodor. Bran 'takes him over' in the present - seemingly while still observing him in the past. So is his repetition of "hold the door" coming from Bran within him, or does it somehow represent Hodor's own effort? Would it be dangerous for Bran to still be in Hodor when the creepy crawlies finally do him in? And when we see Hodor's eyes roll back in the past, is that his own doing (meaning Hodor too is a warg as some have speculated) or was that Bran taking him over in the past as well? I'm a little confused what to make of this.
(May 22, 2016 at 11:27 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: Yeah, Tormund wants to strip her of her title. 'Brienne, Maid of Tarth.'

He wants to make her 'Brienne of Tarth.'

Or perhaps just 'Brienne made by Tormund.
I think it was more like Bran was warging into young Hodor while in the past, which brought the present-day Hodor's memories, experiences, and sensations flooding into young Hodor...which is why it fries his brain, Bran was acting like a link between the present and the past. I also think it was a demonstration of just how powerful Bran will become. However, I don't think Bran can 'change' the past in any real sense. Hodor was "Hodor" before Bran was even born. I think it relates back to the play we saw earlier in the episode: everyone has a part to play, and they will play it. The whole illusion of free will and what-ifs.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
The entire Hodor situation seemed too paradoxical to me.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Captain Marvel movie w/ spoilers Rahn127 0 383 March 9, 2019 at 2:04 am
Last Post: Rahn127
  I wan't to express, that I disliked Rick and Morty season 3 Der/die AtheistIn 38 3670 February 6, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  'Tis the Season (almost) -- your favorite Nativity photos here! Jehanne 38 3471 December 27, 2018 at 8:44 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Upcoming movie movie trailer discussion Alex K 50 7123 October 22, 2018 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
Video Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion [SPOILERS WITHIN] SteelCurtain 357 72874 January 28, 2018 at 9:37 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  X-Files season 11 (maybe) Silver 10 2107 January 26, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
Tongue Let's talk Black Mirror season 4 Aoi Magi 23 4156 January 15, 2018 at 9:35 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Which is the best survivor season? ErGingerbreadMandude 4 1154 October 22, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Game of Thrones Season 7 trailer, "The Long Walk" Aegon 3 996 March 30, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Do not watch the movie, "The Arrival" because it is pro-life propaganda. {Spoilers} Silver 21 5416 February 6, 2017 at 11:01 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda