Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 4:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Well times up Hillary
RE: Well times up Hillary
(May 29, 2016 at 6:31 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(May 29, 2016 at 9:37 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Just ignore him. That response is exactly what he wants.

He becomes invisible to me as soon as he starts trolling with that shit.
The comment I was responding to alleged that Hillary should be elected because she will make better Court appointments.  My contention was that it simply doesn't matter because the Dems and the Repubs get people from the same pot.  There's no diversity on the Court.  They all have the same religious, educational, regional, and experience backgrounds.  Even that asshole Scalia said that the Court was incestuous and needed new blood.  

The only thing that actually matters in the end is how they rule on various issues. Focusing on something as irrelevant as religious backgrounds is lunacy. Someone like Ginsburg is going to rule very differently than someone like Scalia. This is so obvious, it's ridiculous. You obviously have some deep-rooted prejudices that are more important to you. It's ignorant and it's vile.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(May 29, 2016 at 9:21 am)Redbeard The Pink Wrote:
(May 29, 2016 at 1:55 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Except the POTUS doesn't handle affairs like the State department does. You think Obama sends emails? Types emails? Do you think the President is tasked with handling and transmitting sensitive material of any kind at any time? No. The President has people to do that for him. If you think Hillary is at risk of blurting out classified information in public and you think Donald Trump is a lesser risk, then I don't know what to say, that's just lunacy.

No, I'm more concerned about her compromising national security by not doing her job and following proper protocol because she thinks she's too god damn smart and important, and/or because she's weird about hiding things. Trump might blurt things out, sure, but he's also not our only other option.

Also, what you're conveniently forgetting is that Hillary ALSO would have had a full-time online security squad watching her ass if she had done her job right. If she didn't properly utilize the manpower at her disposal while in her current office, why should I expect her to be capable of that as president?

I'm not conveniently forgetting anything. The POTUS simply doesn't handle day to day communications like they used to, nor ironically do they have the autonomy that SecState has. They have handlers out the ass because they are the most visible person in the world. I don't think this is a repeat offender issue. She used a private email server. I'm sorry, but while I dislike it, I'm not going to hang a person for it.

(May 29, 2016 at 1:55 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: You think this email thing has any bearing whatsoever to the job of the President?

Do I think it matters that the president has the proper awareness of and respect for national security protocols? Do I think it matters that the president does not cut corners at the potential expense of the entire country, especially just to keep her dust under the rug?

Yeah, actually, I do. Shouldn't I?

At the expense of the entire country? What expense? The investigation? Did we get attacked? That's a little bit of hyperbole, I think.

(May 29, 2016 at 1:55 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: It doesn't.

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I'll just forget about all those totally legitimate concerns then.

Jerkoff

Okay. Sure. Awareness and respect for national security protocols. Check. Again---running against Donald Trump. I'm still holding out hope for Bernie, too. He is the much better candidate, but he is mathematically out of it. Hillary has to drop out or lose all of her superdelegates, and that just isn't going to happen. I support Bernie staying in it until the convention, I'm down for running until every vote is counted. Maybe Hillary will make herself look even worse and superdelegates will jump ship for the sake of the party. If that doesn't happen I will hold out for all the #BernieOrBust crowd to come around just like the #NeverTrump crowd did.

(May 29, 2016 at 1:55 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: It proves she's untrustworthy and out for power. Tell me a politician who isn't.

I realize I risk sounding like a naive young person to most of you hopelessly jaded old people, but I'm a grown-ass man, so I'm gonna say it anyway.

I've been doing the research, and I'm having a very difficult time finding reasons to call Bernie Sanders "untrustworthy." He was arrested for being involved in the American Civil Rights Movement, and he attended an event in 1985 that some people are calling an "anti-America rally." If that's all the "dirt" anyone has been able to dredge up, I feel very safe betting that Sanders is at least more trustworthy than Trump or Hillary, and even that he's probably pretty trustworthy in general.

Bernie has had his political expediency moments just like every other politician. He serves the State of Vermont, and he has crossed his very own beliefs to stay elected---with guns manufacturers, fossil fuel lobbyists, etc. Now I'm not trying to compare what he's done to Hillary. His integrity, in my eyes, is unblemished. My point is that politicians will do and say things to get or remain elected. Bernie is flipping on these superdelegate issues now that he needs them. I don't think that makes him untrustworthy, though. I think he's about what he says he's about, but I also think he's specifically making promises he knows he can't cash in to excite his own base. That's not nothing.

(May 29, 2016 at 1:55 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: The way this was handled suggests that she did some things that were either shady or politically damaging and wants to hide it.

Yeah, I guess it can be pretty damaging  to a presidential campaign when you illegally and wilfully shit a bunch of national secrets into cyberspace. Life is so unfair.

Quote:I don't like Hillary any more than the next guy, but I'm not going to be the guy who gets spoonfed the media hype and parrots it back out.

You're dangerously close to being told to go fuck yourself. Just a heads up.

What did she shit out into cyperspace? What national secrets are in the hands of our enemies? You're acting like she opened a hotmail account and started ISIS on her off days. I get it that she did something against proper security measures, and she deserves every bit of punishment that any other Secretary of State would get for the same crime. I'll say it again, at the risk of being told (again) to go fuck myself. I will hold her accountable for her actions, but I won't toss her off the ship for being the same as every other career establishment politician, looking out for #1 more than the country. That's the system we have, and until it changes, I don't think the fucking answer is Donald Trump.

(May 29, 2016 at 1:55 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Hillary's political track record is a good one. She was very popular with her constituents as a Senator. She did an amazing job as Secretary of State, by all accounts except the one Faux News trotted out every day for 4 years. Bernie has even pulled her to the left, which is great in it's own right. We're just in month 18 of dragging her faults through the political spin cycle, and now we all hate her. Even Bernie is starting to look like a bit of an ass after 12 months of campaigning. No one looks good. Least of all Trump, but you are suggesting that a private email server is the capital crime that should mean that Trump will be the next president.

And you're suggesting that ice cream should be illegal, and that soup kitchen workers are fags.

Now that we're done putting words in each other's mouths, no, that is not what I'm suggesting. I'm suggesting that this whole fiasco should knock her out of the race so we can run the candidate who is beating Trump by over 10 points still (last time I checked, anyway).

I'd love it if that happened. 100% on board with it until it does. I also live in the real world, not the world I'd like it to be. It's looking like our legitimate choices for the next President of the US are going to be Clinton and Trump. If that's the case, I'll choose the former.

(May 29, 2016 at 1:55 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: Supreme Court nominees. People want to ignore that, but it is so fucking monumentally important. At least 2, probably three. Lifetime appointments made by Donald Fucking Trump.

I was actually just talking to someone about that the other day. I am not ignoring that. It's huge. I, for one, don't think I want either Trump or Hillary making those calls, and Hillary has gone dark enough during this primary season that I simply refuse to vote for her on principle. I will not give my vote to someone who disrespects it by rigging elections. If she wants to win on dirty tricks instead of votes, then she's welcome to do that in November.

She won't if liberals don't vote, Trump will win in a landslide. He's a propaganda machine and he's fucking good at it. He presents no targets and has lowered the bar so much that he can say two polar opposite things in the same day and no one bats an eye. He is promising different things depending on which state he is in and which crowd is in front of him. He's a fucking chameleon and people eat it right up. I get not voting for Hillary on principle. I'd do the same if it were John Kasich or Jeb Bush. I'm going to vote against Trump. And also to vote for all the state level and congressional seats because I want as much of a say as I can get. Bernie has started something, even if he doesn't win. There are other Bernie's in politics, and he has sent a signal that this shit is not a phase the party is going through.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 29, 2016 at 8:18 pm)AFTT47 Wrote:
(May 29, 2016 at 6:31 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: The comment I was responding to alleged that Hillary should be elected because she will make better Court appointments.  My contention was that it simply doesn't matter because the Dems and the Repubs get people from the same pot.  There's no diversity on the Court.  They all have the same religious, educational, regional, and experience backgrounds.  Even that asshole Scalia said that the Court was incestuous and needed new blood.  

The only thing that actually matters in the end is how they rule on various issues. Focusing on something as irrelevant as religious backgrounds is lunacy. Someone like Ginsburg is going to rule very differently than someone like Scalia. This is so obvious, it's ridiculous. You obviously have some deep-rooted prejudices that are more important to you. It's ignorant and it's vile.
Sure, they split votes on various issues but the cumulative effect is the same.  They all erode personal freedom and liberty.  The fact is that all of the current Justices came from the same pot.  There's no significant difference between any of them.  Obama's latest nominee continues that trend.  Hillary's and Trump's nominees will be from the same pot with the same background.  That's the way the system works.  There is no real difference.
You're fucked in the head.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
So the thing now is if super delegates and others get Hillary to win the primary they are already set up for a easy loss.
They should be switching sides right now instead of backing someone who is going to loose the popular vote.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(May 29, 2016 at 10:39 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: A criminally culpable Hilary Clinton would still be preferable to Trump.

A Hillary who habitually juggles decapitated kitten heads would be preferable to that walking bag of arse-guff.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(May 29, 2016 at 11:50 pm)Iroscato Wrote:
(May 29, 2016 at 10:39 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: A criminally culpable Hilary Clinton would still be preferable to Trump.

A Hillary who habitually juggles decapitated kitten heads would be preferable to that walking bag of arse-guff.

Gawd dammit I missed you.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 29, 2016 at 9:33 am)Cato Wrote: What Hillary knowingly did would get anyone fired from their job, not promoted to CEO.

Unless they were COO or CFO (or in civil service terms Assistant Principal). I generally find the higher up you go in an organisation, the more you're forgiven when you do something wrong. What'll get me or thee fired, will get a payrise for a boardmember.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
And i guess this is finally the end of Hillary Clinton the IG is in and she is fucked... so much for her "turn" at the presidency.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Steel, she did not just "use a private email server." She used an improperly protected server to house information so classified that the FBI agents investigating it didn't have the clearance to look at all of it, and there does seem to be some indication that this server was hacked. You can call that "parroting media hype" if you want, but those seem to be consistently reported facts of this case.

I could give a shit if she's using a private server to play Minecraft and email her Tasmanian lover-woman. That isn't quite the extent of what she did, though, and the FBI doesn't seem to think so either.

Furthermore, you seem to be suggesting that Hillary will be less dangerous as president because her incompetence will be mitigated by these "handlers."

What?
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sounds Like Joe Biden "grabs 'em by the *****" as well... ReptilianPeon 16 1495 March 31, 2020 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Well Well Well What Do We Have Here Amarok 14 1243 December 4, 2018 at 6:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My Word. How Times Have Changed! Minimalist 8 1008 October 6, 2018 at 10:57 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Well, Whaddaya Know? Minimalist 6 530 August 30, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Should Hillary Run in 2020? John V 40 6541 July 19, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Well! Wbat do you know! chimp3 6 1010 July 15, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Ever notice that there are little to no trolls on sites like La Times or WaPo GODZILLA 4 741 June 30, 2018 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Well Does This Ever Fucking Figure! Minimalist 3 688 June 12, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Well FOX Will Have To Get Rid Of This Guy Minimalist 14 1909 May 5, 2018 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Brian37
  The Rights disdain of Hillary, where does it come from? GODZILLA 89 12101 March 21, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic