Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 11:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Take some fucking responsibility!
RE: Take some fucking responsibility!
Acting inhumanely towards someone who has acted inhumanely doesn't suddenly make it a humane solution.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(June 9, 2016 at 4:42 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(June 9, 2016 at 4:37 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: You seem to have missed the "As punishment" part, which is an important factor.  And you're honestly comparing vaccinating children to castrating rapists?  The health benefits of vaccinating kids are one of the most settled issues I can possibly think of.  Punishment of rapists by castration doesn't seem to serve as any sort of deterrent, and it's cruel and unusual punishment.

If you were locked up with 1,000 rapists how long do you think it would be before some raped you?  After that would you still be against castration?

What the fuck? People come up with these ridiculous scenarios. What is the point of this? I've been raped. A lot of times. Maybe a thousand maybe not. I was married to a guy who raped me pretty frequently over several years until I finally got out of there. Of course there's a small part of me that wouldn't be sad for him if someone held him down and let a honey badger rip his dick off. But it'd still be morally wrong. I'm still against chemical castration and it's still cruel and unusual IMO.

Having been raped makes me feel even more against it.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I don't normally talk about this, actually I've only told about 5 people aside from those that went through it with me, but it's been about 10 years and I'm able to hide behind a screen so it makes it a little easier. My step dad raised me from the age of 3 and I knew him as Dad and he was my hero. When I was 14 till I was 17 I was abused all three ways you can be abused. When I finally spoke up he managed to run away to another state, leaving my sisters and I alone since my mom was in Iraq defending the country. The cops opened a case and I knew they were on my side but they were honest and said they didn't have enough to win. I was advised to drop it and live my life. I lived in a fucking hell for the next five years while he started a new life with a new woman, new job, and lots of money all the while threatening my mom and myself. He ended up blowing out his own brains so that is the only thing I got as closure. I know I am reacting based off emotions but with ever fiber of who I am I think he deserved the death penalty. Humans can be monsters and they parade around in the disguise of being a wonderful man respected by everyone that knew him and had the ability to make sure no one believed the seventeen year old step daughter that was "lying".
(June 9, 2016 at 4:43 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(June 9, 2016 at 4:42 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: If you were locked up with 1,000 rapists how long do you think it would be before some raped you?  After that would you still be against castration?
What a terrible and irrelevant argument.  Yes, honestly if I went through that I would probably react pretty emotionally.  However, as I said before, we don't have (and shouldn't have) a legal system based on emotional responses to situations.  

"What if you were locked up with 1000 rapists?" Yeesh.
Societies that have used the nuclear option generally had less severe crimes.  Not all societies can survive under the Norwegian model.  People will always do what they want to do.  That's why the price has to be very high.  It discourages the mob of cheapskates.
(June 9, 2016 at 4:57 pm)Losty Wrote: What the fuck? People come up with these ridiculous scenarios. What is the point of this? I've been raped. A lot of times. Maybe a thousand maybe not. I was married to a guy who raped me pretty frequently over several years until I finally got out of there. Of course there's a small part of me that wouldn't be sad for him if someone held him down and let a honey badger rip his dick off. But it'd still be morally wrong. I'm still against chemical castration and it's still cruel and unusual IMO.

You are a much better person than I it seems.

Two views from the same situation. It makes you think.
(June 9, 2016 at 5:01 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote:
(June 9, 2016 at 4:43 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: What a terrible and irrelevant argument.  Yes, honestly if I went through that I would probably react pretty emotionally.  However, as I said before, we don't have (and shouldn't have) a legal system based on emotional responses to situations.  

"What if you were locked up with 1000 rapists?" Yeesh.
Societies that have used the nuclear option generally had less severe crimes.  Not all societies can survive under the Norwegian model.  People will always do what they want to do.  That's why the price has to be very high.  It discourages the mob of cheapskates.

But...punishments like the death penalty don't serve as effective deterrents. I think there was some data linked earlier about castration as well.
- Thomas Jefferson
(June 9, 2016 at 4:59 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: I don't normally talk about this, actually I've only told about 5 people aside from those that went through it with me, but it's been about 10 years and I'm able to hide behind a screen so it makes it a little easier. My step dad raised me from the age of 3 and I knew him as Dad and he was my hero. When I was 14 till I was 17 I was abused all three ways you can be abused. When I finally spoke up he managed to run away to another state, leaving my sisters and I alone since my mom was in Iraq defending the country. The cops opened a case and I knew they were on my side but they were honest and said they didn't have enough to win. I was advised to drop it and live my life. I lived in a fucking hell for the next five years while he started a new life with a new woman, new job, and lots of money all the while threatening my mom and myself. He ended up blowing out his own brains so that is the only thing I got as closure. I know I am reacting based off emotions but with ever fiber of who I am I think he deserved the death penalty. Humans can be monsters and they parade around in the disguise of being a wonderful man respected by everyone that knew him and had the ability to make sure no one believed the seventeen year old step daughter that was "lying".

Well, there is the Bible story about Lot and his two skanky daughters.  Fairy tales influence people's attitudes about all sorts of things.  Who knows how many people and to what extent they were influenced by that story and similar ones?
(June 9, 2016 at 5:06 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(June 9, 2016 at 5:01 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Societies that have used the nuclear option generally had less severe crimes.  Not all societies can survive under the Norwegian model.  People will always do what they want to do.  That's why the price has to be very high.  It discourages the mob of cheapskates.

But...punishments like the death penalty don't serve as effective deterrents.  I think there was some data linked earlier about castration as well.

As I said, people will always do what they want to do.  If someone really wanted to kill you he would regardless of the price he would have to pay.  But a severe punishment would stop the other 99% of the people who would kill you if the punishment wasn't so severe.  

People can survive castration without too many ill effects.  So if a rapist wanted to rape a particular person he might consider it a fair price to pay.  But if the punishment was a running chainsaw up his butt or being burned alive in a vat of hot tar he might think that the price just became too high.  Even so, one guy might still be willing to pay that price.  Chances are at that price most potential rapists would go rape a sex doll.
I'm not sure I understand your reasoning at all.

Quote:If someone really wanted to kill you he would regardless of the price he would have to pay. But a severe punishment would stop the other 99% of the people who would kill you if the punishment wasn't so severe.
The data really does not back up this notion at all, what are you basing this on?

Quote:People can survive castration without too many ill effects. So if a rapist wanted to rape a particular person he might consider it a fair price to pay. But if the punishment was a running chainsaw up his butt or being burned alive in a vat of hot tar he might think that the price just became too high. Even so, one guy might still be willing to pay that price. Chances are at that price most potential rapists would go rape a sex doll.

What a bizarre and kinda-disturbing statement.
- Thomas Jefferson
(June 9, 2016 at 4:57 pm)Losty Wrote:
(June 9, 2016 at 4:42 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: If you were locked up with 1,000 rapists how long do you think it would be before some raped you?  After that would you still be against castration?

What the fuck? People come up with these ridiculous scenarios. What is the point of this? I've been raped. A lot of times. Maybe a thousand maybe not. I was married to a guy who raped me pretty frequently over several years until I finally got out of there. Of course there's a small part of me that wouldn't be sad for him if someone held him down and let a honey badger rip his dick off. But it'd still be morally wrong. I'm still against chemical castration and it's still cruel and unusual IMO.

Of course if you had been locked up in a dungeon all that time you had no choice.  But if you were free to go about your daily activities and continually returned to the "rapist" of your own free will I'm not buying your story.  If you've been raped that many times then being raped is your favorite way of having sex.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many voices will it take? Brian37 20 1356 July 15, 2021 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  They’re All Fucking Short-Bus People brewer 20 1489 May 21, 2021 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Supreme Court To Take Up Right to Carry Firearm Outside Home onlinebiker 57 2582 April 29, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Take them to Detroit,,,,,, Or prison... Brian37 70 3603 October 15, 2020 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Fucking Catholic Sacks of Shit Minimalist 0 443 October 28, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Spicoli "Take that Mr Hand". Brian37 0 340 October 17, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  This is fiscal responsibility? Aegon 8 446 October 16, 2018 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Jesus Fucking Christ....Florida Got Hammered! Minimalist 30 1473 October 12, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: Nakara
  Fucking Rudy Giuliani Minimalist 1 341 August 29, 2018 at 11:56 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Yeah...Murrican Health Care is Fucking Marvelous Minimalist 9 1181 August 28, 2018 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Amarok