Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 2:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20 dead in Orlando gay club shooting
RE: 20 dead in Orlando gay club shooting
(June 13, 2016 at 3:24 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(June 13, 2016 at 3:20 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: In no way did I equivocate the two, I clearly said that I would compare homicide committed with firearms to homicide committed with automobiles, YOU'RE the one going on about "intent". Do you think the person that died (hypothetically) cares anything about intent vs negligence?

Your equivocation lies in quoting murder statistics from the FBI and comparing them to automobile deaths. That equivocation should -- repeat, should -- be obvious to you, given that you are the one blathering about the difference.

Your usual semantical game.

You still don't get it, I offered to compare homicide rates between the two, I HAVEN'T DONE IT YET since Homeless Nutter refused to take me up on that offer. Also you must of missed Rebeccas post which clearly states HOMICIDE committed by firearms.

Homicide makes no distinction of intent, It could be intentional or unintentional, murder clearly implies intent, distinguishing between the two isn't semantics.
(June 13, 2016 at 3:15 pm)Lek Wrote: As far as I can see in the bible, we christians are not allowed to harass, beat-up, or kill our neighbors.  If we do, it's not christianity telling us to.  If you think it does tell or allow us to do that, then show me.  Don't tell me what God did or what he told the Isreaeites to do, but what we as christians are to do.

Uh...yes... yes... you are allowed if said group isn't christians it's literally fine the whole neighbor thing is only preventing christians from harming other christians 
everyone else is you can do what ever. And yes there is christian terrorists you just won't hear about it in the media.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(June 13, 2016 at 3:54 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: You still don't get it, I offered to compare homicide rates between the two, I HAVEN'T DONE IT YET since Homeless Nutter refused to take me up on that offer. Also you must of missed Rebeccas post which clearly states HOMICIDE committed by firearms.

Homicide makes no distinction of intent, It could be intentional or unintentional, murder clearly implies intent, distinguishing between the two isn't semantics.

You quoted murder statistics when discussing homicide even as you mention that the one is a subset of the other. You are equivocating the two terms.

End of argument.

You are allowed what dyresand?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(June 13, 2016 at 3:15 pm)Lek Wrote: As far as I can see in the bible, we christians are not allowed to harass, beat-up, or kill our neighbors.  If we do, it's not christianity telling us to.  If you think it does tell or allow us to do that, then show me.  Don't tell me what God did or what he told the Isreaeites to do, but what we as christians are to do.

So... have you just not read Leviticus, or... what?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(June 13, 2016 at 3:27 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(June 13, 2016 at 3:24 pm)LastPoet Wrote: And the moment that when you try to reach the trigger with a long gun pointed to the chin, you find out you can't  reach the trigger. Then you start devising strategies, like using the toes, or a set of pulleys. Then you laugh madly at the whole situation. Dark alleys of cobbled stone.

I spent some time figuring the proper proportions of bleach (which I had for laundry) and ammonia (which I had in the form of window cleaner) to make hydrochloric acid. Hearing my son breathing in his sleep saved my life.

I am glad we managed to talk ourselves out of that madness. Big Grin
20 dead in Orlando gay club shooting
(June 13, 2016 at 3:24 pm)LastPoet Wrote: And the moment that when you try to reach the trigger with a long gun pointed to the chin, you find out you can't reach the trigger. Then you start devising strategies, like using the toes, or a set of pulleys.

A 28 or 30 inch barrel on a shotgun is a bitch to reach the trigger if you have it pointed the wrong way. The best thing to do is order a 18 1/2 inch barrel and slap it on there. No toes needed.
(June 13, 2016 at 4:18 pm)LastPoet Wrote:
(June 13, 2016 at 3:27 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I spent some time figuring the proper proportions of bleach (which I had for laundry) and ammonia (which I had in the form of window cleaner) to make hydrochloric acid. Hearing my son breathing in his sleep saved my life.

I am glad we managed to talk ourselves out of that madness. Big Grin

You and me both, brotha. Ain't never going back there again.

(June 13, 2016 at 7:27 am)A Theist Wrote:
(June 12, 2016 at 3:51 pm)Wyrd of Gawd Wrote: Dems love mass shootings because it gives them the soap box to blab about gun control.  We already have a million gun laws on the books but they want to pass the ultimate one that will allow them to confiscate all guns across the country.  In a way they have the Moses complex.  They think that if they have enough laws that everything will be perfect.  And like Moses, they aren't above killing anyone (figuratively) who disagrees with them.  

Notice how people went ape shit crazy when Trump said that he would ban all muslims from entering the country.  It's safer politically for the Dems to focus on banning guns than it is for them to focus on banning muslim terrorists.  Besides, McCain wants to fund the terrorists with our tax money.

At the very least, they never met an incident that they didn't like to exploit, gun control, in this instance. This was an attack that was inspired by ISIS. In fact, ISIS is claiming responsibility for it. Whether directly, or indirectly, ISIS is responsible, not the NRA. More gun laws aren't going to do anything to stop determined terrorists from killing people. It took 19 terrorists with box cutters and a plan to skyjack jet liners to kill over 2,000 people on 9/11, linked to al qaeda. The Tsarnaev brothers made home made bombs out of two pressure cookers that killed three people and wounded 264 others, linked to ISIS...and now, the Orlando attack, linked to ISIS. Do we also make stricter laws against buying and selling box cutters, pressure cookers, and fertilizer, or do we try to shut down ISIS and other terror groups that inspire these attacks.
Remember, John McCain was a big booster of ISIS.  He should be locked up in a SuperMax.  Even today dummies in Washington are funding terrorists just as bad as the ISIS killers.  One day they will bite us in the ass.
(June 13, 2016 at 7:42 am)Brian37 Wrote: Nobody is listening to his ex. This guy was mentally ill.

But he had a job that allowed him to carry a loaded gun, didn't he?  And he wanted to be a cop, just like all of the other crazy killer cops.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 31198 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Alec Baldwin Shooting onlinebiker 252 14560 August 17, 2022 at 9:28 am
  Grand Rapids Mi Shooting onlinebiker 111 7198 May 11, 2022 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Colorado shooting, 5 dead. brewer 0 335 December 28, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 6651 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 3108 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1588 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am
  New Orleans shooting: Eleven victims near French Quarter zebo-the-fat 40 2661 December 9, 2019 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another mass shooting. Brian37 54 3411 November 21, 2019 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  El Paso Shooting (Yes, Again) Nay_Sayer 215 12231 August 31, 2019 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye