Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20 dead in Orlando gay club shooting
20 dead in Orlando gay club shooting
Breaking on CNN and local news affiliates. http://www.wftv.com/live-stream1

Gay night club. Excuse me. Shooter dead. 32 injured.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: 20 dead in Orlando gay club shooting
At least 20 dead and 42 injured, according to BBC News.

Quote:At least 20 people have been killed and at least 42 injured after a shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, police say.

Orlando Police said officers entered the Pulse Club about three hours after the shooting unfolded - and killed the attacker, who had taken hostages.

They called it an act of terrorism, but said they did not yet know if it was domestic or international.
Relatives have been gathering at local hospitals desperate for news.
"Orlando Police said officers entered the Pulse Club about three hours after the shooting unfolded - and killed the attacker, who had taken hostages."

This should be in the "Fucking Cops" thread.
And they said they used a Bearcat, I guess to ram into the club? Couldn't that have caused casualties, too?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
They control detonated an IED on the scene. It's Pride Week.

Fuck.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(June 12, 2016 at 8:08 am)Gawdzilla Wrote: "Orlando Police said officers entered the Pulse Club about three hours after the shooting unfolded - and killed the attacker, who had taken hostages."

It's bad, but not that bad. UK armed response units would have probably taken way longer than that.
(June 12, 2016 at 8:08 am)Gawdzilla Wrote: "Orlando Police said officers entered the Pulse Club about three hours after the shooting unfolded - and killed the attacker, who had taken hostages."

Maybe the damned Muslims thread would be more appropriate.

Police risked their lives to face the shooter and saved the hostages vs guy with the gun shooting and killing them all who is apparently Muslim.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(June 12, 2016 at 8:43 am)paulpablo Wrote:

Maybe the damned Muslims thread would be more appropriate.  

Police risked their lives to face the shooter and saved the hostages vs guy with the gun shooting and killing them all who is apparently Muslim.

No surprise there.
There was more than a little sarcasm associated with my post.
To be fair, this is from USA Today:

"When asked whether the shooter had ties to a Jihadist terror group, an FBI official said during a news conference that 'we do have suggestions that that individual may have leanings toward that, that particular ideology. But right now we can't say definitively so we're still running everything around.'"
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 27006 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Alec Baldwin Shooting onlinebiker 252 12572 August 17, 2022 at 9:28 am
  Grand Rapids Mi Shooting onlinebiker 111 6107 May 11, 2022 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Colorado shooting, 5 dead. brewer 0 293 December 28, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 5836 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 2802 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1359 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am
  New Orleans shooting: Eleven victims near French Quarter zebo-the-fat 40 2376 December 9, 2019 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another mass shooting. Brian37 54 2772 November 21, 2019 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  El Paso Shooting (Yes, Again) Nay_Sayer 215 10781 August 31, 2019 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye