Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alec Baldwin Shooting
Alec Baldwin Shooting
Alec Baldwin shot the cinematographer on set of his new movie.

https://www.cnn.com/entertainment/live-n...index.html

I like Alec. He is an entertaining, funny guy and actually seems like a decent human being.

But - if he doesn' t do prison time over this - something ain' t right.

Rule #1 of guns - when you pull the trigger - you own the outcome. Period.  Only self defense or the defense of others is a valid reason to shoot someone.

Baldwin cannot blame anyone else.

He should have checked the gun to see it was safe for his intended use. End of story.

If he didn' t know how to check - he has no business handling the gun.

He is guilty of manslaughter and should do prison time.
RE: Alec Baldwin Shooting
The lists of people you think the hammer should and shouldn't come down on is boringly predictable.

That said, I like it - I'll remind you of this rule the next time you decide that the hammer shouldn't come down on someone who should know better, with a gun.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Umm, from what I understand, they don't use real guns on set.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 27, 2021 at 5:21 pm)Foxaire Wrote: Umm, from what I understand, they don't use real guns on set.

It shot real ammo. 45 Colt. Lead bullet. 20-25,000 psi barrel pressure. It went thru one person hitting another.

If that isn' t a real gun - what is?
A publicity stunt?

I can certainly think of worthier news stories and throw this one into the heaping pile of why guns are bad and we shouldn't own them.
~ Erin Hunter
A publicity stunt?

Put down the crack pipe dude.

Killing someone and going to prison isn' t a publicity stunt.

It's manslaughter.
Fine, I'll attempt to meet you half way.

A publicity stunt gone disastrously bad.

But guns are still bad and unnecessary.
~ Erin Hunter
I doubt he's going to be charged - and his culpability in this lies more in the fact that he's a producer than as the actor holding a prop which was prepared by the people legally responsible for that prop.

Still a good rule, though. Next time a murderous cop pulls the trigger, he owns it. Go to jail, and pay the inevitable damages out of your own pocket.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 27, 2021 at 5:35 pm)Foxaire Wrote: A publicity stunt gone disastrously bad.

But guns are still bad and unnecessary.

If your are stoned enough to believe the first part - it goes a long way to show the validity of the second.
From what I read today, the person in charge of firearms on the set has been in hot water before for not doing what they were supposed to do.  I'll go see if I can find a link.

edit -

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/rust-armor...11423.html

'Rust' armorer once caused Nicolas Cage to storm off a film set after she repeatedly fired a gun without warning, former colleague says

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 27008 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Grand Rapids Mi Shooting onlinebiker 111 6108 May 11, 2022 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Colorado shooting, 5 dead. brewer 0 293 December 28, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 5839 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 2803 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Denver Radio Host wishes for "Nice School Shooting" to interrupt Impeachment Divinity 17 1359 December 20, 2019 at 8:46 am
  New Orleans shooting: Eleven victims near French Quarter zebo-the-fat 40 2378 December 9, 2019 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Another mass shooting. Brian37 54 2774 November 21, 2019 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  El Paso Shooting (Yes, Again) Nay_Sayer 215 10781 August 31, 2019 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Garlic festival shooting: Three dead in Gilroy California zebo-the-fat 30 3157 August 1, 2019 at 9:09 pm