Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 4:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UK to leave EU
RE: UK to leave EU
The important thing is that we're free! Free from... something. Free from the eye of Sauron then. Well, we're not. We haven't even started the process to be free. But by golly, in like several years, we'll be so free you could eat your dinner off it.

If that isn't worth screwing everything up for, I don't know what is.

We'll be free from Europe. Except we'll have it in our back yard now, as the artist formerly known as Scotland. But at least all those illegal immigrants will respect the new immigration laws. There's no way that plan can go wrong.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(June 24, 2016 at 3:18 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: So, when do we see Scotland and perhaps Northern Ireland leaving the UK?  Within the year?  24 months?

It would behoove them to do so before negotiations with GB are completed, if the aim or impetus is to remain in the EU in addition to declaring independence.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
They should make a film about all of this independence we've had today.

What could they call it...
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
My big fat greek divorce? Four old white men and a migrant baby? Look who's -not- coming to dinner? The french disconnection?
(how much time you got buddy)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 24, 2016 at 3:13 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 3:11 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote: You can't think of any reasons that the US would care about Brexit?

IKR...I can think of a few billion...and that's just today.......the world needs to decide whether we're sinister corporatist scumbags or not, ffs.  How am I supposed to meet their expectations, as an american, if they won't make up their minds?

Yep.

I'd say the fact that the vote has wiped out billions in retirement savings of ordinary people is one very obvious reason - and the referendum results are scarcely half a day old.
(June 24, 2016 at 3:18 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: So, when do we see Scotland and perhaps Northern Ireland leaving the UK?  Within the year?  24 months?

Scotland will probably have it's referendum soon. So as to cash in on the shock and to prevent the worst fallout by being able to apply for EU membership.

Northern Ireland is highly unlikely to follow suit. There's a majority protestant population there and they aren't very eager to join catholic Ireland. Not with their history.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(June 24, 2016 at 3:11 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(June 24, 2016 at 3:10 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Yes.

You can't think of any reasons that the US would care about Brexit?

It's almost as ridiculous as Americans thinking Brits shouldn't care about a possible Trump presidency.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(June 24, 2016 at 3:14 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: At about 1PM EDT, I saw that the world's economy lost ~$1 trillion.

Good job, old chaps.

Put into perspective, that's nearly 40% of the GDP of the UK - which if I'm not mistaken is was of the largest economies in the world.

Yay?
(June 24, 2016 at 3:23 pm)Rhythm Wrote: My big fat greek divorce?  Four old white men and a migrant baby?  Look who's -not- coming to dinner?  The french disconnection?
(how much time you got buddy)

Not bad...

I was thinking more like, "Honey I shrunk the pound!"

Index of my best videos
(June 24, 2016 at 2:48 pm)madog Wrote: PS. and it wasn't because of vaping it was to do with a blatant infringement of Art.10 ECHR and where that might lead ...

You've yet to explain properly how the legislation actually violates freedom of expression. As I told you before, and showed you via the UK government website, the legislation only bans adverts and commercial communications. It does not ban discussions, blog posts, reviews, etc. of any products. In fact, it's even better than that, because the legislation even allows e-cigarettes to appear on all of the following: cinema, fax, outdoor posters, posters on sides of buses (not travelling outside of the UK), leaflets, and direct hard copy mail.

Look, I get it, you think the ban is a silly one, because e-cigarettes can be used to smoke non-nicotine based products. That's fine, you have your opinion. However, smoking adverts have been banned for years in the UK, and the long term effect was a reduction in the number of smokers, especially amongst younger people. The point of banning an e-cigarette from an advert is because most vapers use them with nicotine, so the association between e-cigarettes and nicotine exists and is overwhelming. For a government which wants to reduce the number of people addicted to nicotine, banning adverts containing e-cigarettes makes perfect sense.

There isn't really an alternative, because an e-cigarette that uses nicotine looks exactly like an e-cigarette that doesn't. The only viable alternative would be no ban at all, but that's not going to happen because the government and the NHS actually want results.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 1075 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Scotland could leave the UK, and join Canada instead, says author Isis 21 7480 April 8, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Merkel will pay migrants to leave Germany account_inactive 26 4905 February 12, 2017 at 3:28 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Hey Tim. Leave The God Shit to the Repulbicunts Minimalist 12 2521 October 4, 2016 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  EU: Should the UK Leave or Stay? Napoléon 255 23189 May 4, 2016 at 4:00 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Ben Carson Threatens to Leave GOP Minimalist 11 2092 December 11, 2015 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Far-right rioters leave trail of destruction in Polish capital kılıç_mehmet 39 8828 November 20, 2013 at 9:39 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  French troops to leave Afghanistan Something completely different 23 8476 November 20, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Brakeman