Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 9:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Officers Shot Dead By Snipers, 7 Wounded in Dallas Protest Against Police Violence
RE: 4 Officers Shot Dead By Snipers, 7 Wounded in Dallas Protest Against Police Violence
Waking up to five gone.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: 4 Officers Shot Dead By Snipers, 7 Wounded in Dallas Protest Against Police Violence
The Dallas police chief said the dead sniper was killed with a bomb taken to his location by a police robot.

I'm astonished . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 8, 2016 at 6:18 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(July 8, 2016 at 1:06 am)Losty Wrote: Yea because when you're pinned down by two police officers, and one has a gun to your chest, you're going to try to reach for your own gun.

I mean, that's what most sensible people would avoid doing, I agree. However what we know is that this guy had been reported to the police for threatening people with a gun earlier that day, which was why police were there. He was a large man, he could have easily overpowered one of the officers, maybe both, and it looked like he was resisting arrest.

Even if he wasn't going for his gun, the act of resisting arrest, combined with the fact that the cop saw a gun on the guy, is going to make any cop worry for their safety.

Maybe some new angle will emerge that allows a different story, but for me, if you want to avoid getting shot by cops, don't resist arrest, even if you know you are innocent.

I would agree. Sort of. I don't feel comfortable, nor will I ever, with police officers being allowed to shoot a person they've got pinned down on the ground.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(July 8, 2016 at 8:43 am)vorlon13 Wrote: The Dallas police chief said the dead sniper was killed with a bomb taken to his location by a police robot.

I'm astonished . . .

Wait what?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
4 Officers Shot Dead By Snipers, 7 Wounded in Dallas Protest Against Police Violence
Dallas gunman 'wanted to kill whites'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36745862
When police stopped being integral community members and leaders and became paramilitary incarceration forces with rare connections to neighborhoods and communities, this, unfortunately, was inevitable.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(July 8, 2016 at 8:49 am)Losty Wrote:
(July 8, 2016 at 8:43 am)vorlon13 Wrote: The Dallas police chief said the dead sniper was killed with a bomb taken to his location by a police robot.

I'm astonished . . .

Wait what?

They apparently used explosives to 'blast him out', according to Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings.
Well that's one way to do it I guess. Will there be a march for solidarity movement? That's an honest question.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(July 8, 2016 at 9:02 am)Pandæmonium Wrote: Well that's one way to do it I guess. Will there be a march for solidarity movement? That's an honest question.

For the fallen officers or the cunt who hopefully got blasted to bits?
(July 8, 2016 at 8:52 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Dallas gunman 'wanted to kill whites'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36745862
Here's more on that...

Quote: DALLAS — Police Chief David Brown says a suspect in the overnight attack that killed five police officers, wounded seven others and wounded two civilians said he was upset over the recent police shootings of black men and wanted to kill white people

http://wbtw.com/2016/07/08/5-dallas-poli...r-protest/
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 736 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The terrorism and violence perpetrated by the Uyghurs preceding the "training camps" Duty 10 1302 December 6, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Defunding Police not working out. onlinebiker 51 2950 October 1, 2021 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 3109 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Please Justify This Police Action For Me BrianSoddingBoru4 251 19961 February 5, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Escalating violence as armed protests planned in all 50 state capitals TaraJo 64 3920 January 15, 2021 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  BREAKING: Muslims confronting ISIS terrorist and save Austrian Wounded Cop. WinterHold 18 1418 November 5, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2895 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 1104 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Seattle Chief of Police resigns Due Budget Cuts onlinebiker 68 3576 August 13, 2020 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger