Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defunding Police not working out.
Defunding Police not working out.
What? The gangs and criminals didn't all go legit when they defunded the police? 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cities-reve...1622066307

You don' t need a crystal ball to figure out something so obvious - unchecked assholes become bigger assholes...
RE: Defunding Police not working out.
Spending on police routinely goes up, no one defunded anything. Daddy needs a new tank..or, you know, whatever the fuck they spend all that money on. Sure as shit isn't policing.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Where the fuck do you come up with THAT?

So the 22 million Baltimore cut from their 2020 budget was really an increase?

Is that how the math in your head works?
Baltimore increased spending by 28 million, then vowed to cut spending by 22. Do you math, or believe everything some politician says on the stump?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Stop your bullshit.

The 22 million WAS cut from the budget.

https://www.wypr.org/wypr-news/2020-06-1...lice-funds

Restoring it later - when the crime rate rose.
Police spending isn't tied to crime rates. It's not as if, should crime go down, spending goes down - for example.

Let's try that math again. Baltimore increased it's police budget..this year, by 28 million. Vowed to cut 22 million out of it..then didn't. So...where is this defunding, Biker? Even if the calls to defund the police were successful, they'd still have seen a 6mil increase..but they weren't, so they saw a 28mil increase. That might be why the people who voted for candidates campaigning on police reform are pissed..huh?
I'm uncertain how throwing money at a problem fixes it.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
No, as soon as the police got that money that's when the gangs decided to clean up and got legit!

People commit crimes not because they don't fear getting caught. It's because they're put in desperate situations most of the time. If we want to reduce crime, we need to reduce poverty. But that's not fun for the guys who want to buy a bunch of tanks and go around shooting people and planting drugs on people so they can get an arrest. No fun for the corporations who benefit from private prisons, which they need to fill so they can make more money off of misery.

Police have fuck all to do with deterring crime. And deep down you know this, otherwise you wouldn't say "BUT I NEED A GUN TO PROTECT MYSELF!" cause you'd have faith in the police to do it.
"Tradition" is just a word people use to make themselves feel better about being an asshole.
Since increases in police spending do not reduce crime, it’s hard to justify that lowering police spending will increase it.

Also, it’s important to remember that ‘defund’ doesn’t mean ‘abolish’. It’s about diverting some of the resources from the badge-and-gun crowd to things like improving social services (which do reduce crime).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Generally speaking, "defunding" police departments is not so much eliminating police departments as the Rightists claim, but reprioritizing some funding from police to demilitarize them and place some of that funding to other areas, such as education, mental health, and retraining police to use other methods of handling situations other than being trigger happy. We still need policing, yet how policing has been used in the past 50 years or so in how certain responses to crime and how some of those responses have been prioritized is no longer tenable or tolerable. The culture and nature of policing is going to have to change.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 651 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 2755 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Please Justify This Police Action For Me BrianSoddingBoru4 251 17751 February 5, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  I didn’t do it out of hate. ... I did it out of love. brewer 2 466 January 10, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Divinity
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 962 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Seattle Chief of Police resigns Due Budget Cuts onlinebiker 68 3314 August 13, 2020 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  US police brutality item Duty 351 26249 July 10, 2020 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Minneapolis Abolish Police The Architect Of Fate 82 4693 June 12, 2020 at 10:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  London police to roll out facial recognition CCTV Duty 22 1505 January 24, 2020 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Maldives police tahaadi 3 321 September 26, 2018 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Angrboda