Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 18, 2024, 7:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Officers Shot Dead By Snipers, 7 Wounded in Dallas Protest Against Police Violence
RE: 4 Officers Shot Dead By Snipers, 7 Wounded in Dallas Protest Against Police Violence
(July 8, 2016 at 9:50 pm)thool Wrote: It would be nice if our country had a leader that could get through all the politics and do something about the problems. I'm not talking about "thoughts and prayers" which are reactive and ineffective, but tangible actions that make a difference. Put aside the flowery speeches, the quivering lower lip, and the calculated pauses...get the American people stirred up in such a way that they vote away the dead wood that is holding our country back. We have a lot of messed up crap here that needs to be fixed.

I was just thinking the same thing today - I don't blame President Obama for any of this; I'm thinking more like a leader to lead peaceful marches and galvanize people to come together. We need revolutionary ways of thinking to get rid of our race problems in the US. Where's Martin Luther King when you need him?
RE: 4 Officers Shot Dead By Snipers, 7 Wounded in Dallas Protest Against Police Violence
What goes around comes around.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(July 8, 2016 at 8:26 pm)paulpablo Wrote:
(July 8, 2016 at 2:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Whaddaya know, FNM.  Just yesterday Raw Story drew that same conclusion.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/here-are...et-killed/

1st white guy, doesn't point a gun at a police officer, he didn't actually commit any crime.

4th white guy, it's a BB gun, the officers knew it was a BB gun because the person fired the pellets first, the officers even said if they had seen the gun first they would have assumed it was a firearm and shot him.

I can't find much on EJ Watson (the third white guy) but if you really believe that he pointed a gun at the police while in a standoff with armed police officers and survived you have more faith in this article than I do.  There's no evidence that he pointed his gun at the police except for this article says so.  

5th white guy, another BB gun incident, it's unclear whether they actually pointed guns at the police.  No names are mentioned so there's no way to look into the story beyond the fact that they shot BB guns in a wallmart.  Everyone knew they were BB guns, no mention of them firing at the police.

8th white guy Stewart Whitlock pointed his gun at unarmed firemen, didn't shoot anyone.

So really it seems that the article which obviously searched long and hard for white people who got away with pointing guns at the police actually just found a white man and woman who pointed actual bullet firing weapons at the police, the rest were either firing ball baring guns, didn't even point the guns at the police, or pointed the gun at a fireman.  And who even knows about the ones who pointed the guns at the police, if the police were even armed or not. 

http://www.dailywire.com/news/7264/5-sta...on-bandler

Here's some statistics from the opposite side of the political spectrum, I don't know if these are as dishonest or easy to debunk as the rawstory ones.

5. Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops. This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black. According to MacDonald, the police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black person than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

Any person who isn't trying to kill anyone should be 0% likely to be shot by the police. Of course the police are more likely to be shot. That's because they're the police not the criminals...usually.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(July 9, 2016 at 12:06 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: What goes around comes around.

Please say you are not serious? What the fuck.

0/10

Quote:This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black.

Which means that 60 percent aren't.
(July 9, 2016 at 12:54 am)Losty Wrote:
(July 9, 2016 at 12:06 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: What goes around comes around.

Please say you are not serious? What the fuck.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/776-people-...ed/209127/

The police shoot hundreds of unarmed people every year. I think the people are justified to shoot back every once in a while. What other situation is there that we would ever be okay with where one group has a license to shoot another with no repercussions.

Honestly, I don't feel bad when police get shot. It's not an opinion that I normally express, but I think the police are mostly useless bullies and parasites. They don't stop crime, they are largely parasites on society who get into the job to legally bully people. Before the obvious has to be said, yes, not all of them. The only reason the police aren't worse is because we live in a society with checks and balances on them, but there aren't enough. It's not just the US, it's a world wide problem with law enforcement. The whole industry is set up wrong. They don't even stop crime. They just punish it. How many cops go unpunished for murders? What do they think is going to happen? If a group of people are shooting my friends, it's justified to shoot back. I probably wouldn't feel this way if a few of them actually went to prison for murdering unarmed people every year.
(July 9, 2016 at 1:10 am)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(July 9, 2016 at 12:54 am)Losty Wrote: Please say you are not serious? What the fuck.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/776-people-...ed/209127/

The police shoot hundreds of unarmed people every year. I think the people are justified to shoot back every once in a while. What other situation is there that we would ever be okay with where one group has a license to shoot another with no repercussions.

Honestly, I don't feel bad when police get shot. It's not an opinion that I normally express, but I think the police are mostly useless bullies and parasites. They don't stop crime, they are largely parasites on society who get into the job to legally bully people. Before the obvious has to be said, yes, not all of them. The only reason the police aren't worse is because we live in a society with checks and balances on them, but there aren't enough. It's not just the US, it's a world wide problem with law enforcement. The whole industry is set up wrong. They don't even stop crime. They just punish it. How many cops go unpunished for murders? What do they think is going to happen? If a group of people are shooting my friends, it's justified to shoot back. I probably wouldn't feel this way if a few of them actually went to prison for murdering unarmed people every year.

Ok...but that doesn't make it ok to murder them. Especially not to murder ones who have never killed anyone. Just...ugh. Icky feelings.

0/10

(July 9, 2016 at 1:19 am)Losty Wrote:
(July 9, 2016 at 1:10 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: http://www.mintpressnews.com/776-people-...ed/209127/

Ok...but that doesn't make it ok to murder them. Especially not to murder ones who have never killed anyone. Just...ugh. Icky feelings.

How come people don't feel bad when gang members are shot? 80% of murders in the US are gang violence. Nobody gives a shit because that's the life they choose.

You know what, every police officer supports the system they are part of to some degree. 161 unarmed victims of police murders should be 161 police in prison for life. Other police protect them with their bullshit cop code. The whole system is corrupt and evil and all police to some degree know that and still participate in it. So no, I don't feel bad for them when they get shot. At least they were armed at the time. It's more then you can say for many victims of cop murder. Fuck the police.
(July 9, 2016 at 1:24 am)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(July 9, 2016 at 1:19 am)Losty Wrote: Ok...but that doesn't make it ok to murder them. Especially not to murder ones who have never killed anyone. Just...ugh. Icky feelings.

How come people don't feel bad when gang members are shot? 80% of murders in the US are gang violence. Nobody gives a shit because that's the life they choose.

You know what, every police officer supports the system they are part of to some degree. 161 unarmed victims of police murders should be 161 police in prison for life. Other police protect them with their bullshit cop code. The whole system is corrupt and evil and all police to some degree know that and still participate in it. So no, I don't feel bad for them when they get shot. At least they were armed at the time. It's more then you can say for many victims of cop murder. Fuck the police.

I feel bad when anyone gets shot.

0/10

I don't like it when anyone suffers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 736 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The terrorism and violence perpetrated by the Uyghurs preceding the "training camps" Duty 10 1302 December 6, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Defunding Police not working out. onlinebiker 51 2950 October 1, 2021 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 3109 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Please Justify This Police Action For Me BrianSoddingBoru4 251 19961 February 5, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Escalating violence as armed protests planned in all 50 state capitals TaraJo 64 3920 January 15, 2021 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  BREAKING: Muslims confronting ISIS terrorist and save Austrian Wounded Cop. WinterHold 18 1418 November 5, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  California High Capacity Magazine Ban Shot Down. onlinebiker 73 2895 August 25, 2020 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 1104 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Seattle Chief of Police resigns Due Budget Cuts onlinebiker 68 3576 August 13, 2020 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger