Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 24, 2024, 9:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Shots fired' in Munich shopping centre
RE: 'Shots fired' in Munich shopping centre
I'll wait for the investigation to turn up solid info before forming my opinion on perpetrators and motive. The video posts upthread indicates a home-grown origin, but I sure don't know enough to form a cogent view.

It seems like every bloody time you turn the news on, something is happening bad somewhere in the world.
Now no-one is even going to notice the Syrians, Iraqis and Afghans dying in numbers everyday.
Because white European lives matter more!

#sarcastic hat off.

This world's fucked I tell you.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 23, 2016 at 4:01 am)ignoramus Wrote: This world's fucked I tell you.

Yeah, it is. But this particular attack still leaves many questions.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
It does...

I think everyone is highly impressed by the way society has handled it - the police has handled it very professionally in the PR department, and thousands of private citizens, churches, mosques, companies and government institutions spontaneously organized shelters for stranded travellers.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

It seems these days, for whatever reason, some people want to commit suicide and take as many with them as possible for company...
Is religion of any description a common denominator with these people?

(On another note, is this scenario any different in the minds of black people in America genuinely feeling like they're being terrorised by white cops every time they step outside?)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 23, 2016 at 4:01 am)ignoramus Wrote: It seems like every bloody time you turn the news on, something is happening bad somewhere in the world.
Now no-one is even going to notice the Syrians, Iraqis and Afghans dying in numbers everyday.

#sarcastic hat off.

Europe for Europeans and America for Americans. We have trouble enough trying to care for our own citizens. Our unpredictable economies can't handle the hoards of immigrants crossing our borders everyday and it's national security suicide to let these people enter our countries unchecked, (especially from areas where there's known terrorists waiting for opportunities to attack the U.S. and Europe).
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(July 23, 2016 at 12:26 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I'll wait for the investigation to turn up solid info before forming my opinion on perpetrators and motive. The video posts upthread indicates a home-grown origin, but I sure don't know enough to form a cogent view.

This is very misleading since anyone who are 2nd, 3rd or even 4th generation Turk, Moroccan, Algerian are considered "home-grown."
(July 23, 2016 at 4:01 am)ignoramus Wrote: It seems like every bloody time you turn the news on, something is happening bad somewhere in the world.

#sarcastic hat off.

Indeed. I just love how everyone is complaining about how the Palestinians are treated at the hands of Israelis, but they remain silent when they are treated badly in the refugee camps of Syria.
Nothing to do with Islamist or any politcal motives, according to prelimiary police findings and statements. Just a guy with known mental health issues running amok. Happens once in a blue moon even in Germany. I think the last decade saw three of these mass shootings. Two of them at school.

On second thought you could count the copilot deliberately downing the Germanwings jet among these too. Although his weapon of mass destruction and to commit suicide was an ordinary plane.
So Abaris. Do you see any connection between the crazies going solo and the ISIS jobs? Co-incidence? copycat? Lots of depressed people around?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 23, 2016 at 8:09 am)ignoramus Wrote: So Abaris. Do you see any connection between the crazies going solo and the ISIS jobs? Co-incidence? copycat? Lots of depressed people around?

Do you see it with any mass shooting? The answer is no. After the mad letter bomber we had back in the 90ies, and being totally wrong when speculating about his motives, I read a lot of books on criminal profiling. Out of interest. Books by John Douglas or our own Thomas Müller, who was trained by the FBI and graduated to become one of the leading experts in the field. Mass shooters follow an entirely different pattern.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets go shopping now, every lizard's learning how Brian37 34 1855 April 11, 2021 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Rex Tillerson Blocked Saudi, U.A.E. from invading Qatar, promptly fired by Trump ReptilianPeon 0 215 August 11, 2018 at 3:23 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  James Gunn: what is your response to him being fired? Foxaèr 28 2813 August 3, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  V.A. secretary Shulkin FIRED! c172 7 1110 March 29, 2018 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  BREAKING: North Korea Has Just Fired Another Ballistic Missile A Theist 31 7599 November 30, 2017 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Matt Lauer fired from NBC, take a guess. Brian37 8 1673 November 29, 2017 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Conservative Columnist Wants To Get Kelly Fired Minimalist 16 3667 August 5, 2017 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: ComradeMeow
  Model claims she was fired by Hyundai for getting her period on the job Cecelia 11 2240 June 1, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: c172
  FBI director James Comey fired c172 58 16187 May 17, 2017 at 2:30 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Shots fired outside the houses of Parliament. downbeatplumb 112 19387 April 8, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Amarok