Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 6:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Harris On Trump........
RE: Sam Harris On Trump........
(August 16, 2016 at 7:41 pm)Faith No More Wrote:
(August 16, 2016 at 6:55 pm)Brian37 Wrote: That is not the point. You first off admitted he did "channel" and I agree he did. The problem is Trump isn't some no name who doesn't influence people. He isn't the mentally ill guy on the street corner everyone walks by who screams they are Napoleon. 

If you agree he is "channeling" and I do too, the same ideas, how the fuck does that make him harmless? It isn't that Trump even wants to be a despot, I simply think he spent his life being told "a loser is a loser" and anything less made a looser unworthy. He mimics the same cheap "tough guy" act because it works, just like it did for Hitler.

I love that you argue with things people never say.  It's as if you have voices in your head that are arguing you with too as you try to argue with me.

I never said he was harmless(that's your voices again), but comparing the two as if they're equals just shows a complete lack of understanding of how Hitler came power and the methods he used, and then you double down on that lack of understanding by claiming the "tough guy" act worked for Hitler.  Not only is that such an asinine comment, it doesn't even remotely come close to describing how Hitler seized power.  

You're just so desperate to use whatever hyperbole you can to discredit Trump, but that is futile considering no one can discredit Trump like Trump can.

I never said they were "equals" but to ignore that lunatic is to allow the weed to grow. Trump is dangerous, not in the context he can destroy the nation or the world overnight, but the tone he sets and his delusional narcissistic hyper nationalistic tone. It is not "hyperbole" when you have 50 former GOP law agents agreeing with you. I am not asking you to believe me. It literally would be like grabbing someone out of a mental hospital and handing them the nuclear codes. 

Hitler seized power because he tapped into Germany's population's desperation and insecurity and wanting a hero to save them. Trump is using the same tactic of preying on fear Hitler did. Hitler was a great orator, he put on a great show. I don't mean that means a "great show" makes him moral, just that Hitler knew how to tap into people's emotions. Trump certainly does not have the same government Hitler did  when he decided to get involved in politics. But he does know how to push buttons otherwise he would not be the GOP nominee.
(August 16, 2016 at 8:24 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: No, you're not. You're just copying me. If you honestly believe what you do regarding Harris and his views that tells me all I need to know about your actual intelligence. As does the fact that you constantly call me a fan boy, or a hero worshipper. That's just fucking sad, really.

So why don't you look up what I actually said in this thread? Or in the other one about Cenk Uygur? Or in previous threads on Harris? Do I have to make myself any clearer to the dead horse beater?

I don't think so, Mister Obnoxious.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
I don't believe you. Get over it.
You know what. Lose the fucking act. You're as big of an asshole as I am, at least at the moment. And like I said. I didn't start this shit.
(August 16, 2016 at 8:28 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: You know what. Lose the fucking act. You're as big of an asshole as I am, at least at the moment. And like I said. I didn't start this shit.

What fucking act? Going by your post record, not only in response to me but to many others as well, I keep calling you Mister Obnoxious. And Mister Dense on the side. If you really fail to notice that all your questions have already been answered without any question being answered by you. Not only in this thread but in many others as well, as you have sufficiently proven by calling Losty out again and again after she already answered what you call a question repeatedly.
(August 16, 2016 at 5:38 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(August 16, 2016 at 5:32 pm)Brian37 Wrote: What the fuck? That is a bullshit tactic. Criticism of famous people left or right does not automatically secretly mean you want to be them. I don't care if you are talking about Trump or Sam or Hillary. If you are resorting to that that is simply childish.

Abris is is under no obligation to value anything blindly that Sam says. The issue is Trump and we have seen that script before in Jim Crow and McCarthyism and WW2 Germany. Abris is making it an economically dangerous point of view, if I understand him correctly, but the end result for both of us is he is unfit for office. Abris is under no obligation to agree with me either. 

"You're jealous" is schoolyard crap.

The part about jealousy is a logical conclusion after you think about what he said, which is that basically it's not that he disagrees with Harris, but that he's pointing out obvious stuff. Ok, dude, if I were the one pointing that obvious stuff out abaris wouldn't care. But Harris is famous for it, he thinks, so he's famous for basically nothing. Of course he's going to resent him for it. That's what jealousy is.

Not at all. Were do you get that from? Do you even understand evolution? Every form of life competes, grass, bacteria, cockroaches, plants, sea life, everything. All life requires energy to survive and all life seeks out resources and all life competes for those things. But how you equate that to humans having less means they strive for greed or fame as a default is bullshit. Abris isn't jealous of his fame and to claim such is bullshit. 

Humans have different motivations in life and even the ones who end up famous don't always die rich.
(August 16, 2016 at 8:06 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 16, 2016 at 7:17 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Harris was pretty much the one that began the whole new atheist movement, by the way. A lot of people seem to not know/aknowledge that amazing fact.

Meh, no , the little knowns like Infidel Guy and The Atheists of Austin set them all up. But even prior to that you had James A Haught and Sagan and Madalyn Murray O'Hair. I knew about Dawkins and James A Haught prior to Harris.

Don't forget about C.S. Lewis and Anthony Flew.
One thing my dad said when he adopted me was " Buck up, you're a "last name here". I am no fan of "make a name for yourself". Not because success is bad, but far more often than not, the people who buy into that cliche assume that because they got there, everyone should be like them, or wants to be them, or even wants the same amount of things or pay, and that is patently false. My mother is a perfect example. She will never be famous or rich, but she did spend 30 years of her life teaching, and thousands of kids benefited because of that. Abris isn't jealous of Sam, he simply doesn't like him.
(August 16, 2016 at 9:01 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Abris isn't jealous of Sam, he simply doesn't like him.

With good reason from where I am standing valuewise. And I went to great lengths explaining the reasons why. Not only here but everytime his name comes up.
(August 16, 2016 at 9:07 pm)abaris Wrote:
(August 16, 2016 at 9:01 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Abris isn't jealous of Sam, he simply doesn't like him.

With good reason from where I am standing valuewise. And I went to great lengths explaining the reasons why. Not only here but everytime his name comes up.

You are not obligated too. I can fight you on lots about why some of the things you don't like are wrong, but the "jealousy" argument? That is flat out bullshit. But regardless of what you thing of Sam, trust me, some of the things he has said seem really nutty to me too. I guess I am not on the same page as to throw every word he says out the window.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Kamala Harris arewethereyet 24 1828 November 10, 2020 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1333 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Kamala Harris makes history Silver 5 646 August 21, 2020 at 10:31 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37459 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3398 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4644 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Sam Harris roasts Trump Arkilogue 3 819 October 18, 2016 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1780 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1342 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Hey Fuck YOU Uncle Sam! Cinjin 33 13408 March 30, 2012 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Jaysyn