Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 3:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lust, sex, random thought
RE: Lust, sex, random thought
Cake?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I wish. Cheesecake would be a better discussion.
(August 22, 2016 at 2:11 pm)PETE_ROSE Wrote: Sorry I haven't been around this post much.  I was going to post it as a response to a young man in another conversation but ultimately let it stand alone.  After seeing the direction it has gone I sort of regret it.  I did not intend to sound preachy.  
Is it just something that happens to and/or around you, often?

Quote:All of this talk that people can just sleep around as long as they are consenting adults and no one gets hurt, seems not to be grounded in reality.  I would agree with this if the statement were "people can sleep with whomever they want, whenever they want, because no one will get hurt."
If you want to talk about being grounded in reality, how about this.  The current generation gets less sex than their relatively more puritanical predecessors.  Look it up for yourself, if you like.  So regardless of whether or not you think the above is grounded in reality, whatever criticism you have regarding the above is not grounded in reality...and as such...do you really want to go down that road - particularly when you lead out of the gate with some nonsense about what pixies did and didn't do pursuant to the same?  

Quote: I don't really care who is banging away at who.  What I witness everyday is the aftermath of children being born outside of marriage.  In my world I see dozens of households where one parent is missing.  Rarely is it the mother.  It seems that when something goes askew that the woman is most often the person left to shoulder the bulk of the burden.  
You don't?  Because it seemed like you did, hell it seems like you even think -god- cares who puts what where and with whom.  Don't shrivel up on us now, just when it's starting to get good.  Women are both more likely to seek custody, and more likely to be granted custody.  If you want to talk about the burden they shoulder, you'd have to refer back to the 90's when welfare reforms (and hilariously this included the provision that deadbeat dads be threatened with prison time for being poor) were crammed down the throat of america by the religious right. All part and parcel of the discriminatory history of welfare and the hilarious ways in which the more puritanical among us manage to be a bit more wolf than lamb in practice...regardless of what might come out of their mouth or how they might like to misremember or ignore their complicity in the very ills they incessantly blame upon others, other worldviews, or other factors. Today, and directly because of that (and a much deeper and shittier history) we rank dead last, or second to last..or some shit..in a list of developed countries, when it comes to the well-being of children. Buit hey, -welfare roles have shrunk....amiright!

So I guess we can congratulate the people of god and their contract with america for at least doing something comprehensively and exhaustively, based upon their weird little ticks regarding sex, gender roles, a "proper" family unit...and the path to their better tomorrow. We've got teenage girls who don;t know enough about sex (because it's not good for them to know these things) to ask their parents for a shot (because the shots are sinful and promote promiscuity) getting -less- sex and paying a higher price -for- it. God forbid, literally god forbid she go and get an abortion....because that might, you know, solve the problem that's been thrust upon her and so rob those helpful little luddites of anything to bitch about. Hallelujah!

Your thoughts?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 22, 2016 at 2:15 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Cake?

By the River Styx?

(August 22, 2016 at 2:11 pm)PETE_ROSE Wrote: I don't really care who is banging away at who.  What I witness everyday is the aftermath of children being born outside of marriage.  In my world I see dozens of households where one parent is missing.  Rarely is it the mother.  It seems that when something goes askew that the woman is most often the person left to shoulder the bulk of the burden.  

What you are talking about is not the result of promiscuous sex. It is the result of people uneducated in the use of birth control.

IUD's, modern pills and patches are 99.7%, or more, effective.

There would be next to none of the problems you mention if REAL sex education was taught in schools.

Teen pregnancy rates have been dropping for years country wide (2012 was the lowest since 1946), except the states where abstinence only is taught.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(August 22, 2016 at 2:44 pm)ScienceAf Wrote:
(August 22, 2016 at 2:15 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Cake?

By the River Styx?

Under a silvery green moon, with a choir of silent ducks warbling showtunes into a tin bucket?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 22, 2016 at 2:49 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(August 22, 2016 at 2:44 pm)ScienceAf Wrote: By the River Styx?

Under a silvery green moon, with a choir of silent ducks warbling showtunes into a tin bucket?

With a red cosmic sky, hellish flowers, and people jumping of buildings into piles of golden spikes.

Some articles that further Rhythm's and Simon's points.

1. Our rising infant mortality rates (we're in competition with Chad and Botswana!  Whoo!  'Murica!): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/preg...1733a20d56

2. The flip side - huge reductions in teen pregnancy (and abortions, and the health complications which arise from both) when teens have access to free contraceptives: http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/10/02/s...ncy-rates/

The bad things PETE sees are a direct result of shaming sex rather than acknowledging that it's part of human health.  By limiting access to things like:

Clinics
Abortions
Pre-natal care
Contraceptives

You're only creating a huge financial burden for the country and lowering our health standards across the board.  We're falling behind in general because many of the idiots in control are convinced that going back to a puritanical lifestyle is the way to go.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
How dare you imply that gods proscribed lifestyle is the problem...we all know the problem is sluts. It's just like what happened to Samson, that's how we're going to end up.   Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 22, 2016 at 2:53 pm)ScienceAf Wrote:
(August 22, 2016 at 2:49 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Under a silvery green moon, with a choir of silent ducks warbling showtunes into a tin bucket?

With a red cosmic sky, hellish flowers, and people jumping of buildings into piles of golden spikes.

I think I've clicked, guys.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Came across something on YouTube and had a very immature thought GODZILLA 20 3404 October 5, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  A Thought Experiment for Believers and Atheists Alike chimp3 39 9672 October 11, 2017 at 3:25 am
Last Post: Ivan Denisovich
  I guess you never thought about it, did you? Little Rik 68 17808 September 24, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  Lets talk about sex. loganonekenobi 56 11154 September 2, 2015 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Gay teen forced to sex his mother Silver 56 18886 June 9, 2015 at 10:21 am
Last Post: comet
  Religion Ruining Sex Mental Outlaw 42 5921 February 3, 2015 at 9:19 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Same-sex marriage is stealing rights from God Silver 52 15115 July 27, 2014 at 8:33 am
Last Post: StealthySkeptic
  Big Surprise: Sex And Alcohol Make You Happier Than Kids And Religion, Study Finds Gooders1002 2 2994 May 11, 2013 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Violet
  A passing thought A_Nony_Mouse 1 1164 April 10, 2013 at 8:55 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Utah one of the ten worst for sex offenders RichardP 10 6449 April 10, 2013 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Violet