Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Same-sex marriage is stealing rights from God
Same-sex marriage is stealing rights from God
Quote:Is same-sex marriage really a "right"? If so, by what standard is it a right? Who said and by what authority?

A right is something that a person has even if the majority of people disagree with it. In other words, rights are not based on human opinion, but on an unchangeable authoritative standard beyond human opinion. That's why human rights cannot exist unless God exists. Without God everything is simply a matter of personal preference.

Some say, "Our laws are the basis for rights!" No they are not. Human laws can only recognize God-given rights-they are not their ultimate justification. To claim otherwise would be to admit that your "rights" would vanish if a majority of humans or a dictator changed the law. No advocate of same sex marriage would agree with that. In fact, those advocates are arguing that in states where the majority is against same-sex marriage, they still have a right to it. They are correct if same sex marriage is actually a right. But since when does God consider same sex marriage a right?

More of the article:

"But what about equality?" they say. Absent God, they have no grounding for "equality" either. What objective standard justifies "equality" or anything else as a right if there is no God?

More of the article:

The truth is, everyone puts limits on marriage. If marriage had no limits it wouldn't mean anything. But unlike liberals, conservatives have more than a mere preference for their limits. The long-held view that marriage is limited to one man and one woman is rooted in Nature's Law in accord with the facts of nature. Again, that's not bigotry-that's biology.

When we ignore biology and steal rights from God, we inflict very negative long-term consequences on society, and especially on children. That's what we'll cover in tomorrow's column.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/same-s...od-119560/

Oh, the ignorance!
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Same-sex marriage is stealing rights from God
Stealing rights from God . . . yeah, I keep forgetting how easy it is to completely fuck up an almighty being's plans.
I've been here for a good little while now, and I've read some dumb shit. But this takes the cake. I just...I can't possibly face palm hard enough. I'm actually kind of angry at how dumb this is. Like, i actually feel bad now. Thanks a lot, OP.
I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a goddess, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
So, if same-sex marriage is wrong mainly because it can't result in biological offspring, it should follow that the following couples have no right to be married.

[*] A man whose wife lost the ability to bear children.
[*] A woman and a man who has had a vasectomy.
[*] Any man and woman who choose to not have kids.
[*] Any elderly couple, since women tend to go through menopause sometime between the ages of 45 and 55. Should marriages be dissolved as soon as the woman go through menopause?

Tellingly, I doubt this columnist will even mention any of these scenarios, even though, by the very same logic he uses, they have as little right to marriage as gay people.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
That article would be slightly less stupid if it wasn't for the fact that "marriage" is much much older than Christianity. These cross-gobbling morons literally think they invented the institution.

Also, the article author is getting excoriated in the comments. Not what I expected to see at the bottom of that web-rag.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
Only people can have rights. Even 'animal rights' are actually about human responsibility. So legally god cannot have any rights.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
There is almost no power on earth that can stop a full-of-shit jesus freak from running his fucking mouth.
Fucking moron.
The continuation of this dumb three-part series:

Quote:What reasons, other than religious reasons, might someone want to keep marriage defined as only the union of one man and one woman? There are actually thousands of reasons. They are born each day. Marriage must be protected to protect children.

How does that follow? How will children be affected by broadening the definition of marriage? To discover the actual truth about this complicated issue of same-sex marriage, it's important to be correct rather than politically correct.

Let's start by identifying the main reason we have marriage laws in the first place. The main reason the government is involved in marriage is not to recognize that two people love one another or have a romantic affinity for one another. We don't have marriage laws to recognize the fact that you get a tingle when Barbara wears that blouse. Why should the state care about just romantic feelings?

The real reason governments have an interest in promoting natural marriage because only natural marriage perpetuates and stabilizes society. Strong marriage laws encourage men and women to procreate and then stay together to mother and father their children. That benefits children and all of society because children raised in biological two-parent homes tend to do better and cause society much less trouble than children raised in other situations.

Why is this so? Because men and women are different. Mothering and fathering are different. A mother brings unique benefits to her child that a father cannot provide and vice versa. Same sex couples always deny children in their care either a mother or a father. Only natural marriage can provide and protect the parenting unit that every child deserves-a mother and a father. That's why limiting marriage to a man and a woman is not bigotry-it's biology. It's based in the biological facts of nature and the needs of children.

Seems too uncannily similar to Heywood's ill logic.

Quote:Read more:

If all of these observations make you mad, don't blame me-I didn't make up the facts of nature. I didn't make up the fact that men were made for women and that babies only come from their unions. I didn't make up the fact that mothers and fathers are different and bring unique parenting skills and benefits to their children. I didn't make up the universe in such a way that children tend to turn out better when raised by a biological mom and dad. I didn't make up the fact that we all have desires we ought not act on, regardless if we are born with those desires or acquire them in life. These aren't "my" truths or my morality. They are self-evident truths. They are not hard to know-just sometimes hard to accept.

It can be summed up this way: Conservatives try to adjust their behavior to fit the facts of nature. Liberals try to adjust the facts of nature to fit their behavior. No matter how well intended, the latter is an impossible approach that often leads to tragic results.

If we truly love and care for people, we won't abandon self-evident truths and celebrate destructive behavior. When we do, not only do children get hurt, so do many others as we'll see in tomorrow's column.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/natura...gy-119640/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
You can STEAL from YHWH? Holy shit! Time to gather my iron chariot army, take its powers, and become a better god.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Isn’t pantheism the same thing as atheism? Ferrocyanide 177 10228 January 1, 2022 at 2:36 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  We are all the same species.. Brian37 32 3185 July 22, 2019 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Christianity is the same as Scientology Alex K 37 5625 April 9, 2017 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Alex K
  I don't exactly feel the same way I once did. Ryantology 18 2694 January 26, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Lust, sex, random thought PETE_ROSE 295 29920 August 23, 2016 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Religion & Marriage miaharun 6 1805 November 5, 2015 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Christians think they have special rights GoHalos1993 10 2918 October 29, 2015 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Lets talk about sex. loganonekenobi 56 10084 September 2, 2015 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Catholics are victims of marriage equality (apparently) piterski123 76 10771 July 5, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Gay marriage finally legalized. piterski123 16 6831 June 29, 2015 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Regina