Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 21, 2024, 3:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Cultural Context" Excuse
RE: The "Cultural Context" Excuse
-I- didn't back you into any corners Huggy, it's always been you doing that to yourself.  The only way you've jumped out now is to say in effect 

"lol, just kidding, I didn't mean any of that- got you fuckers real good".

Well, okay, I hope you're proud of your work....you've managed to convince everyone involved that the only thing that exceeds your faith in it's totality is your willing dishonesty.....and you still haven't convinced anyone that your interpretation is correct, that eve fucked a snake.

: shrugs :
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 1, 2016 at 12:42 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: You act like I'M the one that brought up serpent DNA.

No, but you're the one with the dumb fucking belief who set this whole fiasco of a 'discussion' in motion.
Huggy, why the hell do you keep bringing up abiogenesis? No one here is talking about abiogenesis. No one here made any claims regarding it. This is such a thinly veiled diversion tactic, it's just painful to watch, lol
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
It's called a tu quoque fallacy. We're just as dumb as him because we believe something dumb, according to him. It's one of the most popular and truly pointless theist plays.

But sadly he doesn't know what that is, or what abiogenesis is. Or what anyone believes about it.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
In the broadest possible sense, "creation" is a form of abiogenesis. It's the transition of non-life into life. "Poof, magic!" is one method. It's just not particularly well supported by evidence or reality. There are other methods which are on the verge of being understood, but the small gaps in knowledge allow the theist to plug their ears and go back to "Poof, magic!"; ignoring all the available evidence.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
-while simultaneously convincing themselves that they don't, in fact, "believe in abiogenesis"......for whatever reason.    Rolleyes

It's almost like a compulsion to disagree with anything the other guy™ says, no thought required...even if you happen to -actually- agree.....

Yet another mystery of faith, I suppose.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 1, 2016 at 1:09 pm)robvalue Wrote: It's called a tu quoque fallacy. We're just as dumb as him because we believe something dumb, according to him. It's one of the most popular and truly pointless theist plays.

Ninja'd!!! And I learned it from YOU! [emoji6][emoji8]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(September 1, 2016 at 1:20 pm)Rhythm Wrote: -while simultaneously convincing themselves that they don't, in fact, "believe in abiogenesis"......for whatever reason.    Rolleyes

It's almost like a compulsion to disagree with anything the other guy™ says, no thought required.

I disagree.

Index of my best videos
I'll see your disagreement and raise you...I disagree with your disagreement and insist you must agree.  In fact, nothing makes sense unless you agree, therefore atheism is false, and you're a hamster.
(September 1, 2016 at 1:22 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(September 1, 2016 at 1:09 pm)robvalue Wrote: It's called a tu quoque fallacy. We're just as dumb as him because we believe something dumb, according to him. It's one of the most popular and truly pointless theist plays.

Ninja'd!!!  And I learned it from YOU!  [emoji6][emoji8]

Blush

You're welcome babe Wink

Index of my best videos

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "You, atheists take Bible quotes out of context" mcolafson 61 11952 October 4, 2016 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  The ONLY excuse good enough for God? ronedee 99 9545 June 1, 2015 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Chas