Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 3:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
christian school project
RE: christian school project
(October 3, 2016 at 10:50 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: Isn't it a bit presumptuous to assign god any attributes before establishing that it actually exists at all?

Amen! Do you know what attribute that is? Popcorn
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
(October 3, 2016 at 10:35 pm)lighthouse Wrote:
(October 3, 2016 at 10:24 pm)Aroura Wrote: I was just watching a true story of a young man who killed another man in a fit of road rage. The murderer was a brilliant young entrepreneur,  but unrepentant of the murder he committed.

When he was found guilty and sentenced to nearlyou the maximum allowed, his mother came forward and tearfully begged to take the punishment in his place. Now that right there is a parent showing unconditional love. Being mortal, she didn't have the resurrection get out of free jail card Jesus supposedly did, which renders his "sacrifice" utterly meaningless. Particularly if it leaves the majority of his "children" still being eternally punished.

But I see you are one of those Good News brainwasee's who thinks that the good news is that babies are born wicked and sinful and selfish. What a warped and sick view. Sorry to be personal but I find those teachings particularly abhorrent. Children love their parents for many reasons, not just 'cause you give them food and shelter. I mean, unless your parents are emotionless sicko's who lock a child in a room and shove food in through a flap in the door.

Do you honestly believe babies are wicked? I thought Jesus taught that children are sinless and his up to a certain age. Only this modern evangelical Good News nonsense changes that to keep their followers too frightened to escape that messed up cult.
no babies aren't wicked. Babies just are able to show a form of original sin just like you. It's not wicken or terrible or bad. Most christians don't even realize they have it. We do everything to benefit us. Humans are extremely selfish. We even help others to brag that we helped them. Jesus didn't have a get out of jail free card. He bore every sin known to man and suffered greatly for it. it wasn't a quick death he received more lashings than any man had ever been able to receive and live then he picked up a heavy cross and carried it on his back for a mile while people cursed and threw rocks at him. He was hung on the cross with two nails driven through his wrists and feet and then stabbed with a spear. Then he went to hell for three days and suffered. but was risen again to let us know our sins were forgiven and earth was our domain again. when we bit the apple we gave earth to the demons when he died earth was again ours and we had power over the demons. God has given us so many chanced from eve to noah to Jesus. Our God is the only God to come down to earth as a mortal human and die for us. He has unconditional love.

(October 3, 2016 at 10:32 pm)Aroura Wrote: You also say believing is a choice, but you could not chose to unbelievers because you've felt him. What about those who chased him for ages and never felt Him? Are they making a choice, or simply not believing because they haven't felt what you've felt? If you cannot chose, what makes you soooo certain other can?? The choice must go both ways to be a valid choice. One must be able to feel him and still disbelieve,  or it isn't a choice, it's just something that happened to you but not to others. Like cancer.  

Again, this seems like a cheap trick believers use to make God seem less monstrous. Please demonstrate any person knowing God and chosing to deny him, or not knowing or feeling God, but chosing to believe. Free will, at least in this instance is a complete lie or else you'd be able to excessive it right now.

Jeremiah 29:12
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes
  Matthew 7: 7-8
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened."

Those who chase after him are not left empty handed.

Mother Theresa died in doubt, not sure anyone could chase him harder than she did. So it's her fault, not his for not showing himself to her clearly?

You are literally judging millions, MILLIONS! of people you do not know, saying they have not sought God. You don't know them, you don't know how hard anyone else has tried to find God and failed. Yet you are ready to dismiss it all as their fault with no evidence at all, because your mind cannot think outside the box your particular cult has trapped it in.

You are too frightened of eternal punishment to even entertain the notion that many seekers do not find him because he isn't there. Your mind is dark and closed. Light would probably scare the tar out of you.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(October 3, 2016 at 10:44 pm)Aroura Wrote: Humans, many of them suffered equally or worse before death. Weeks of torture, fingernails torn off, eyelids cut off. Toes removed. Children dismembered before their eyes. Skin removed, etc. Sometimes torture has gone on for years. Not days.

And then, again according to you, some of these people are in hell for eternity, not 3 days.

How is Jesus supposed sacrifice any worse?

There are a lot of lies you believe just because a parent or preacher said them to you. An authority figure of some kind. Keep yourself isolated to your cult little girl, or the devil might get you with that evil apple of knowledge and truth.
his sacrifice was a completion of a covenant not suffering eternally for us. the covenant was a son of man for the son of god. I don't believe this stuff because i was raised this way or because a preacher or sunday school teacher told me. I believe it because I was empty and couldn't find anything to fill that part of me. Drugs, sex, alcohol, men.... nothing filled the hole. I told God that if he showed himself and his love to me and filled the emptiness I would follow him. He poured peace, love, security and calmness over me and I felt his presence. I immediately felt whole and filled with his love. I felt uncontrollable laughter and joy instead of depression and anxiety. Thank you for your preconceived idea that every christian is brought up sheltered and born in a privileged home knowing nothing else. usually those kids don't create a personal relationship with God and become atheists or agnostic.
I'm not really sure why I should be inclined to help you with your homework...we don't know who you are. You could make an introduction thread or something. As far as you Q&A...I don't believe in any gods so why you imagine one might do something doesn't really make any difference to me.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
You say it like it's a bad thing....

EDIT: that was directed at lighthouse saying people become agnostics and/or atheists without having a relationship with god
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
(October 3, 2016 at 10:52 pm)Aroura Wrote: Those who chase after him are not left empty handed.

Mother Theresa died in doubt, not sure anyone could chase him harder than she did. So it's her fault, not his for not showing himself to her clearly?

You are literally judging millions, MILLIONS! of people you do not know, saying they have not sought God. You don't know them, you don't know how hard anyone else has tried to find God and failed. Yet you are ready to dismiss it all as their fault with no evidence at all, because your mind cannot think outside the box your particular cult has trapped it in.

You are too frightened of eternal punishment to even entertain the notion that many seekers do not find him because he isn't there. Your mind is dark and closed. Light would probably scare the tar out of you.

I am not afraid of anything not even God. I'm in love with him not afraid of him. I don't live in the dark I live in the light. I live with clarity. I live in joy and happiness. I live in pure love. I do not judge that is not my place. Yet you judge all christians as a cult who are not open minded. I believe In the big bang. I take college courses for physics one of the hard sciences. I used to be kind of a whore who did drugs and got drunk all the time looking for something to fill the hole inside of me. Yet I have never felt more alive. I have never felt more Love. I have never felt more high. more whole. I hope you experience the same from the bottom of my heart.
There is a similar mistake on the opposite side of the fence from "throwing the baby out with the bath water".
It's "taking all the dirty bath water with the baby."
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
So... previously, you literally couldn't keep it in your pants, and now it's figuratively so. Nice.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
@lighthouse, why are you assuming we're deficient? I mean, I never felt more alive than when I finally admitted - after 20+ years of faking it - that I was an atheist.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
I can't be bothered reading the whole thread.

Catholic? Protestant?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What they don't teach you in Sunday School LinuxGal 19 1275 September 25, 2023 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1336 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 90616 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  This Is Stupid Even For A Catholic School BrianSoddingBoru4 16 2249 September 5, 2019 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fundy home school - 13 kids rescued drfuzzy 2 981 January 16, 2018 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
Big Grin Texax High school students stand up to Atheists: Zero Atheists care Joods 16 3465 October 23, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The church in my school yard Der/die AtheistIn 12 2041 August 25, 2017 at 5:07 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  Christian Teacher writes letter to school newspaper saying "Gays deserve to die" Divinity 68 18822 May 23, 2017 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  School Indoctrination zebo-the-fat 4 1344 September 7, 2016 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  working on a project loganonekenobi 15 2328 April 1, 2016 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: loganonekenobi