Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 3, 2024, 4:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will you be doing on election night?
What will you be doing on election night?
I warned my wife that I watch these elections like it's a big sporting event. Each time they call a state, is kind of exciting for my nerdy self.

Will you be watching election coverage all night? Or do you have other things you'd rather do?

I wake up at 4 am for work on Wednesdays, so I hope the election is called earlier than 2012's.
Subscribe to Atheist News! Also, check out my latest video- Mass Effect Takes On Religion

https://www.youtube.com/c/AtheistNews
RE: What will you be doing on election night?
I'll periodically check the results. Maybe once an hour starting at 9:00 PM Eastern. Might take some time to play a video game or watch a movie, since I'll have all my grading done by then.
The whole tone of Church teaching in regard to woman is, to the last degree, contemptuous and degrading. - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Vancouver Canucks @ NY Rangers on Nov. 8.  Game will be ending just about the time the first polls close back east.  From there I'll watch the election coverage....although maybe the Stephen Colbert or Daily Show versions.
As much as I love Colbert, I'm not ordering Showtime for his live election special. I have HBO, so I kind of wish John Oliver was doing something.
Subscribe to Atheist News! Also, check out my latest video- Mass Effect Takes On Religion

https://www.youtube.com/c/AtheistNews
I will be in school. I will also make sure that I get to the polls to vote before going to school.

I also don't have live tv so I won't be subjected to all the crap by the news. I guess I'll find out when I get home from school, after 10pm, what the major reporting results are. Until then... I am keeping busy doing something useful.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Let's live chat in the Slack channel.
(November 3, 2016 at 8:56 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Let's live chat in the Slack channel.

That's actually a brilliant idea.
Same thing I do every night, Pinky...
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I have 3 TVs in the living room (2 small, one big) so will be DVRing one or 2 of the main networks (ABC and CBS or NBC) and CNN, FNC and MSNBC.

I'll probably have the 2 small TVs on ABC and whatever, and the main one will rotate thru the cable outlets.

Most likely I'll be in the recliner with a security blanket and plentiful snacks nearby.

And I'll be on line here periodically all nite.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Not giving a fuck.

Oh don't get me wrong, I care how it turns out very much, but frankly, I'd rather spend the evening enjoying an adult beverage and some sexy time with my love.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 1281 72304 6 hours ago
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 904 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5971 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Anyone watch last night's debate? Brian37 9 903 September 30, 2020 at 9:28 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Kuala Lumpur Islamic summit: did the night of the vassals began to end? WinterHold 16 1234 January 2, 2020 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1680 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1160 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Two Old Pros - Doing Their Thing Minimalist 8 1120 November 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Good News from yesterday's election. Brian37 14 2209 November 9, 2018 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Brian37
  "Securing America’s Election Act" Has Gotten Little To No Media Attention ReptilianPeon 20 2526 August 2, 2018 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Brian37