Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 30, 2024, 9:21 am

Poll: Where you stand?
This poll is closed.
There is no karma and no future lives so criminals get off the hook
58.54%
24 58.54%
There is karma and nobody who commit crimes get off the hook.
7.32%
3 7.32%
I wouldn't know, in any case I don't care
34.15%
14 34.15%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Karma poll
RE: Karma poll
(November 14, 2016 at 6:27 am)Little Rik Wrote: After I did point out to you guys that all these statement that come without evidence are
like farts you guys slow down or stop all altogether posting statements such as these and
that means that my message has gone through many heads.  Lightbulb

Man are you deluded. And not a bit self-important.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 14, 2016 at 11:21 am)Whateverist Wrote:
(November 14, 2016 at 9:05 am)Rhythm Wrote: Maybe we realized that you were unreachable and began treating you as a common fucking loon.

Didn't think of that......, lol,......did you.

Guess what, consciousness is just the brain doing brain stuff.  Once you die, that's it, it's all over.  

But don't take our word for it Rik.  Go ahead, prove us wrong.

Statements that come without evidence are like farts and farts are as bad as to prove you wrong.  Wink

You never thought of that mate, did you?  Bird
(November 14, 2016 at 9:05 am)Rhythm Wrote:
(November 14, 2016 at 6:27 am)Little Rik Wrote: Wrong once again whatever.  Banging Head On Desk

There is enough evidence that many of you guys take it seriously (to different degrees).
When I started posting in this forum about 3 years ago the forum was full of statements
that suppose to bring evidence about different aspect of atheists way of thinking like......
...the consciousness is a product of the brain....once you die is all over.....there is no God.......
..we are here thanks to our previous generations and so many other UNPROVEN statements.

After I did point out to you guys that all these statement that come without evidence are
like farts you guys slow down or stop all altogether posting statements such as these and
that means that my message has gone through many heads.  Lightbulb

Maybe we realized that you were unreachable and began treating you as a common fucking loon.

Didn't think of that......, lol,......did you.

Guess what, consciousness is just the brain doing brain stuff.  Once you die, that's it, it's all over.  There is and has never been a god.  You are here because your mother and father rammed their organs into each other, no matter how much you don;t like to think about it.  Thanks for making a shortlist of things that imperil your worldview for me.  The last one is hilarious.  I am willing to negotiate on that one, though.  Maybe karma was punishing your parents, for kicking dogs n their previous lives, when it decreed that you would be born?  All that ugly on ugly could've produced a doctor, or a lawyer....or even a decent human being.  Poor fuckers, all they got was you.

More of your fantasies which of course are not backed up by an inch of evidence.
Try again son maybe in the next lifetime you may come up with something that make any sense.  Devil (large)
(November 14, 2016 at 9:25 am)Tonus Wrote:
(November 14, 2016 at 6:50 am)Little Rik Wrote: You forgot to mention something very important that I said and that is that there would not be any scope
for God to create anything if what God create would be the same as God.
What would be the point then?

I didn't mention it because it's irrelevant and I'm not even sure it makes sense.

If everything was positive that would not mean that everyone was God.  It would just mean that God decided to make the universe that way.  Nothing is out of God's reach due to his power and his ownership of creation.  Therefore --and in spite of all of the convoluted explanations theists come up with-- any evil or wickedness or suffering exists either because God desires it or because God allows it.  If he chooses to deal with it only after it has happened, then his approach is the same as that of imperfect and limited human beings, and it reinforces the notion that God is an invention of man who is made in our image.

God allows for a reason Ton.
And this reason is the same reason why you would teach your kids how to learn how to live.
When a teacher doesn't pass some of his-her students and the students suffer is because to pass them it would make the things even worse.
The reason is there Ton.
If you find too difficult to understand the reason then you got a problem.  Lightbulb
Statements that come without evidence are like farts and farts are as bad as to prove you wrong.

You never thought of that, did you?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
So I haven't been on these forums in a while buuuuuuut...

Before I left I kinda was developing a theory that anyone who uses that lightbulb emoticon can be generalized as a good example of Poe's law.
Gonna go ahead and assert that right now.  Lightbulb
(November 15, 2016 at 6:57 am)Little Rik Wrote: And this reason is the same reason why you would teach your kids how to learn how to live.

It's a stupid reason. If God created us, then he created our brains and he knows that he could give us the capacity to treat each other well all the time so that we would not have to "learn" morality by causing strife on a global level all of the time. Especially since both God and karma wait until we are dead to teach us this, at which point it is far too late for this knowledge to be of use.

God doesn't even do this for the lowest life forms, so that there are even plants and microbes that can only survive by harming other creatures. Is there a punishment in the afterlife for parasitic germs that cause their host horrific suffering before killing them? Or for vines that choke the life out of trees? Or fungi that destroy insects from the inside-out? The list of examples of terrifying behavior by plants and animals acting on instinct is lengthy. Which means that they are wired --sorry, DESIGNED-- to cause pain and suffering and then death. Maybe it is time for us to ask why God creates so much suffering and discord instead of creating joy and harmony.

Maybe he's not there. That might be disconcerting, but imagine the alternative: maybe he likes to see misery and pain and suffering and death.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(November 15, 2016 at 8:30 am)Stimbo Wrote: Statements that come without evidence are like farts and farts are as bad as to prove you wrong.

You never thought of that, did you?

Parroting again Stim?  Banghead

Not very clever Stim.  Shake Fist
(November 16, 2016 at 2:09 am)Aristocatt Wrote: So I haven't been on these forums in a while buuuuuuut...

Before I left I kinda was developing a theory that anyone who uses that lightbulb emoticon can be generalized as a good example of Poe's law.
Gonna go ahead and assert that right now.  Lightbulb

Poe who?  Popcorn

Oh, the expert in guessing what other people may mean?  Worship

Actually I use emoticon as I would use salt and spices so the food taste better.  Indubitably

It already taste very very well as it is but I like the perfection and I also know how to put the right spice in the right dish.  Smile
(November 16, 2016 at 8:26 am)Tonus Wrote:
(November 15, 2016 at 6:57 am)Little Rik Wrote: And this reason is the same reason why you would teach your kids how to learn how to live.

It's a stupid reason.  If God created us, then he created our brains and he knows that he could give us the capacity to treat each other well all the time so that we would not have to "learn" morality by causing strife on a global level all of the time.

That is not how the system is designed to work Ton.
By making the things easy you automatically take away the satisfaction.
Satisfaction not just for God but for the people themselves.
Suppose you start a game with the solution already in your mind.
There would not be any satisfaction.
None of whatsoever.
In this way instead there is satisfaction in achieving things and solving problems.
You tell me what would be the satisfaction if somebody would give you a degree without having studied for or a truckload of money for free without you having struggled for?
In the short term you may be very happy but after a while it would ruin your life.  Indubitably

You never thought of that Ton, did you?  Bird

Quote:Especially since both God and karma wait until we are dead to teach us this, at which point it is far too late for this knowledge to be of use.

You are guessing Ton.
1) Karma does not necessary wait until we are dead.
It may strike any time really but in case the debt is too large then people will pay their debt later on in future lives.
2) Your outer mind in most cases does not know what reactions are due and for what reason but your inner mind or your subconscious knows very well the real story and it is here that the know is explained.

Quote:God doesn't even do this for the lowest life forms, so that there are even plants and microbes that can only survive by harming other creatures.  Is there a punishment in the afterlife for parasitic germs that cause their host horrific suffering before killing them?  Or for vines that choke the life out of trees?  Or fungi that destroy insects from the inside-out?  The list of examples of terrifying behavior by plants and animals acting on instinct is lengthy.  Which means that they are wired --sorry, DESIGNED-- to cause pain and suffering and then death.  Maybe it is time for us to ask why God creates so much suffering and discord instead of creating joy and harmony.

Maybe he's not there.  That might be disconcerting, but imagine the alternative: maybe he likes to see misery and pain and suffering and death.

You keep on judging from a human point of view but lower form of lives do not have the consciousness that we have and the old saying ............NO BRAIN NO PAIN.....is valid.
Pain however is there even in small amount but nothing at the end is lost.
Once lower forms of lives die they will gain more consciousness and in an higher form of life so at the end nothing is lost and all is gain considering also that lower form of life are not bound by the karma law.  Lightbulb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keep or Remove Religion Poll FrustratedFool 39 3437 June 12, 2024 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Karma's a ***! zwanzig 25 2101 August 5, 2023 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll: Christians, is this man a hero or a Grinch in your eyes? Mystical 27 3644 December 19, 2016 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Mystical
  New Pew Research poll - Muslims opinions on Islam Heat 2 1607 December 10, 2015 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Gallup Poll Minimalist 2 1447 May 29, 2013 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Kittenshere Poll - Atheists Only! Darwinian 30 11110 September 9, 2009 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Poll: Do your beliefs match those of your peers? fr0d0 13 7100 May 20, 2009 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  The God Poll Darwinian 0 2500 September 25, 2008 at 4:02 am
Last Post: Darwinian