Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 30, 2024, 8:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theist ➤ Why ☠ Evolution is not Scientific ✔
RE: Theist ➤ Why ☠ Evolution is not Scientific ✔
(November 26, 2016 at 3:21 pm)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: Troll, remember?

The antibiotics crisis, influenza, cultivated lifeforms,
(November 26, 2016 at 3:18 pm)The Joker Wrote: Evolution is random living cells forming by chance given enough time and then it evolving upwards.

Wrong. You don't understand what evolution is.

(November 26, 2016 at 3:18 pm)The Joker Wrote: Bacteria resistance is just mutation it doesn't prove evolution.

Wrong. Bacteria resistance is evolution in action. Without mutation there would be no evolution.
(November 26, 2016 at 3:18 pm)The Joker Wrote: Evolution is random living cells forming by chance given enough time and then it evolving upwards. Bacteria resistance is just mutation it doesn't prove evolution.

sigh no it's not
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(November 26, 2016 at 3:23 pm)Mathilda Wrote:
(November 26, 2016 at 3:18 pm)The Joker Wrote: Evolution is random living cells forming by chance given enough time and then it evolving upwards.

Wrong. You don't understand what evolution is.

(November 26, 2016 at 3:18 pm)The Joker Wrote: Bacteria resistance is just mutation it doesn't prove evolution.

Wrong. Bacteria resistance is evolution in action. Without mutation there would be no evolution.

Define evolution.
(November 26, 2016 at 3:23 pm)The Joker Wrote:
(November 26, 2016 at 3:21 pm)ApeNotKillApe Wrote: Troll, remember?

The antibiotics crisis, influenza, cultivated lifeforms,

No idea what you're trying to get across, old boy.
I am John Cena's hip-hop album.
(November 26, 2016 at 3:11 pm)The Joker Wrote: So where is the evidence for evolution?

it's how about the millions of (real) peer reviewed papers you refuse to read
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

As I see it? Haha. Yeah, science is just a load of opinions.

31 pages of rubbish and you don't even know what you're arguing against.

Evolution is change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations. (Wikipedia)

As I said, the evidence for this is everywhere. It involves denying simple observable facts about reality to deny.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(November 26, 2016 at 3:20 pm)The Joker Wrote:
(November 26, 2016 at 3:19 pm)robvalue Wrote: No, it isn't. And "evolving upwards" is a meaningless phrase. Why not go get a science book.

So define evolution how do you see it as?

Instructions on how to develop a phenotype (humans, animals, bacteria, solutions in a computer) are stored in a genotype (chromosomes, a string of real values in a computer etc) . Different operators are applied to the genotype; crossover, mutation and duplication. Crossover is when a proportion of each parent's genotype is recombined to form a new genotype. If there was only crossover then all variation would eventually be removed in a population even without natural selection.

Mutations of individual parts of the genotype increase variation within the population. Most mutations are deleterious but a few of them are beneficial. The few beneficial ones are more likely to spread throughout the population over many generations because carriers of the mutation are more likely to breed successful offspring. The larger the mutation the more likely it is to deleterious. This is why smaller mutations are better and why macro-evolution works by micro-evolution.

Duplication can also occur in the genotype. This opens up new areas of the search space because the duplicated parts of the genotype can be mutated and can perform a different function. This only works for neutral duplication though that does not lower the fitness of the genotype. But this is one way in which complexity can grow over time.

Using these operators, the population traverses a fitness landscape because weaker phenotypes are less likely to produce off-spring whereas the stronger phenotypes are more likely to. So each generation the population moves as a whole to higher points on the fitness landscape as the fitter genotypes are used to produce stronger phenotypes that breed more.
(November 26, 2016 at 3:18 pm)The Joker Wrote: Evolution is random living cells forming by chance given enough time and then it evolving upwards. Bacteria resistance is just mutation it doesn't prove evolution.

If it is so random why do you claim direction?

Oh and bacteria and viruses is evidence of evolution, as it shows the strains most resistant to antibiotics and other medicines are outcompeting non-resistant strains, an outcome predicted by the theory of evolution.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Also gotta love his retarded banner

The first row conflates stuff that has nothing to do with evolution to evolution (thus continuing projecting creationism onto evolution)not to mention all the stuff in the first row really exist

The second is bunch of stories and religious concepts

As for the bottom humans were never chimps we branched off long ago and there is no such thing a Darwinism and intelligence is a assertion not a fact

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fine Tuning Principle: Devastating Disproof and Scientific Refutation of Atheism. Nishant Xavier 97 8187 September 20, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why did Communists promote Evolution? Nishant Xavier 318 18721 September 7, 2023 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Is Atheism a Religion? Why or why not? Nishant Xavier 91 5481 August 6, 2023 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The fascinating asymmetry of theist-atheist discussion Astreja 5 509 July 22, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2246 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I received a letter from a theist, need a good reply Radamand 22 2138 March 22, 2022 at 10:56 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why do theist often drop the letter s when referring to atheists? I_am_not_mafia 56 12475 August 23, 2018 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
Tongue Disproving Odin - An Experiment in arguing with a theist with Theist logic Cecelia 983 159646 June 6, 2018 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  Why was Newton a theist? Alexmahone 65 13379 March 24, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Why America is anti-theist. Goosebump 3 1154 March 1, 2018 at 9:06 am
Last Post: mlmooney89