Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 10, 2024, 3:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sin and the Blame Game
RE: Sin and the Blame Game
(June 2, 2017 at 5:52 pm)Khemikal Wrote: The pathway isn't here for me regardless of whether or not I know god.  Fail.

How do you know that?
(June 2, 2017 at 5:45 pm)Lek Wrote:
(June 2, 2017 at 3:50 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: If the Bible is correct and Jesus really is the only way to heaven, then the whole system seems profoundly unfair. A baby born into a family of Christian evangelicals in a small South Carolina town, for example, would enjoy an extraordinary advantage over a baby born into a Muslim or Hindu family in Yemen or Mumbai. If one's choice of a god and religious affiliation truly does carry with it implications that determine an eternal fate after death, then why don't all people have equal access? Sure, many people around the world are aware of Christianity, more today than ever, but how difficult must it be for the majority of people in those societies where Christians are few or nonexistent? How tough must it be to go against the currents of family and culture to embrace a foreign religion? For most, it's probably not even a matter of emotional strength and determination. More likely they never even consider becoming Christians because of their upbringing by family and society, which imposed a different god belief on them. They have no compulsion to become Christians because they feel they are already doing the right thing.

The following verses lead me to believe that God gives the opportunity to know him to everyone.  

Romans 1:18-20 New Living Translation (NLT)
God’s Anger at Sin
18 But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.[a] 19 They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them. 20 For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

If we all have no excuse for not knowing God, that means that the pathway is there for everyone.  Since Jesus is God, if we know God then we know Jesus and vice versa.

The earth and sky are only proof of the earth and sky. As a testable hypothesis, it has failed to show any invisible connections to anything beyond it.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(June 2, 2017 at 6:09 pm)Lek Wrote:
(June 2, 2017 at 5:52 pm)Khemikal Wrote: The pathway isn't here for me regardless of whether or not I know god.  Fail.

How do you know that?

All the christians.... and god's holy book..... tell me so, how else?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 2, 2017 at 6:10 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(June 2, 2017 at 6:09 pm)Lek Wrote: How do you know that?

All the christians.... and god's holy book..... tell me so, how else?

They don't know the bible then because nothing the bible says that.  People have come to Christ on their death beds. What was their reason for saying you had no pathway to God?
Oh dear. Someone's been sipping the Sye Ten Bruggenkoolaid, methinks.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 2, 2017 at 6:31 pm)Lek Wrote:
(June 2, 2017 at 6:10 pm)Khemikal Wrote: All the christians.... and god's holy book..... tell me so, how else?

They don't know the bible then because nothing the bible says that.  People have come to Christ on their death beds.  What was their reason for saying you had no pathway to God?

Can I be saved without the death of the better man?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 2, 2017 at 7:56 pm)Khemikal Wrote:
(June 2, 2017 at 6:31 pm)Lek Wrote: They don't know the bible then because nothing the bible says that.  People have come to Christ on their death beds.  What was their reason for saying you had no pathway to God?

Can I be saved without the death of the better man?

Explain the "better man".
(June 2, 2017 at 6:31 pm)Lek Wrote: They don't know the bible then because nothing the bible says that.

So, I take it you don't believe this bit, allegedly spoken by jeebus itself.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(June 2, 2017 at 8:16 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote:
(June 2, 2017 at 6:31 pm)Lek Wrote: They don't know the bible then because nothing the bible says that.

So, I take it you don't believe this bit, allegedly spoken by jeebus itself.

C'mon.  Give me the answer. Maybe dying to yourself.
(June 2, 2017 at 8:20 pm)Lek Wrote:
(June 2, 2017 at 8:16 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: So, I take it you don't believe this bit, allegedly spoken by jeebus itself.

C'mon.  Give me the answer.  Maybe dying to yourself.

So, you're gonna use magic had waving to make it go away? C'mon Lek, either you believe what jeebus allegedly said in Luke 12:10 or you don't.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sin and death LinuxGal 35 2528 December 11, 2023 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Christians are to blame for Hurricane Harvey. Gawdzilla Sama 72 34518 January 11, 2023 at 4:41 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  the nature of sin Drich 137 19309 August 11, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3153 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Without the Shedding of Blood There is No Remission of Sin Rhondazvous 231 60201 June 4, 2017 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Zenith
  Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason Rispri 27 5652 March 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2834 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  hate the sin, love the sinner mcolafson 101 14763 September 5, 2016 at 11:19 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  At least she didn't blame "jesus." Minimalist 15 4141 February 11, 2016 at 5:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Sin & Forgiveness miaharun 119 16068 November 16, 2015 at 4:04 am
Last Post: robvalue