Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 6:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
I like the feeling of pooping.

It's like reverse anal sex.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I'll never understand why some people are mean spirited to people who have been nothing but nice to them.
(July 21, 2017 at 8:46 am)*Deidre* Wrote: I'll never understand why some people are mean spirited to people who have been nothing but nice to them.

Because mean people suck.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(July 21, 2017 at 10:08 am)Nymphadora Wrote:
(July 21, 2017 at 8:46 am)*Deidre* Wrote: I'll never understand why some people are mean spirited to people who have been nothing but nice to them.

Because mean people suck.

But they look good with an axe in their heads.

True story...

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(July 21, 2017 at 10:16 am)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(July 21, 2017 at 10:08 am)Nymphadora Wrote: Because mean people suck.

But they look good with an axe in their heads.

True story...

But they're mean to nice people.....  Sad
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I think the surgeon means the axe would be buried in the heads of the mean people.
~ Erin Hunter
Watching the latest episode of The Mist and there is a scene I hate.

The boy has the car keys laying on the chair next to him. A woman sees the keys, and it is apparent that she is going to attempt to snipe the keys.

That is an example of lazy writing, something I could never do as a writer, because why wouldn't the boy have the keys in his pocket?
~ Erin Hunter
I turned to the SYFY channel and Killjoys, which I have never seen but heard was good, was on. I noticed the guy who played Bobby as Iceman in the X-Men movies, and I looked up Killjoys on imdb. It did not list the actor as having played in the X-Men movies, and I was confused. Then I looked up at the bio to discover that was the identical twin brother, who is one minute older than the guy who played in the X-Men movies.

I had no idea there were twin Ashmores, lol, and I am only five days older than them.
~ Erin Hunter
IMO, the quote below is a wonderful piece of writing: it sparked a sense of child-like wonder in me, as IMO, it makes a very intricate subject seem accessible to those who are interested in learning it, provided that the subject is engaged with an open, curious mind and with a willingness to put in the work and challenge oneself.  

"The objective of mathematicians is to discover and to communicate certain truths.  Mathematics is the language of mathematicians, and a proof is a method of communicating a mathematical truth to another person who also "speaks" the language.  A remarkable property of the language of mathematics is its precision.  Properly presented, a proof contains no ambiguity— there will be no doubt about its correctness.  Unfortunately, many proofs that appear in textbooks and journal articles are presented for someone who already knows the language of mathematics.  Thus, to understand and present a proof, you must learn a new language, a new method of thought.  This book explains much of the basic grammar, but as in learning any new language, a lot of practice is needed to become fluent." Daniel Solow, from How to Read and Do Proofs, 6th ed.

It just dawned on me that my current reputation of 29  is interesting: it is the result of adding the squares of two prime integers (namely 2 and 5) where each square is also perfect.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2792 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2345 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2720 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2543 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 6595 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2391 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1350 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1403 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 992 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1242 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous