Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 6:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Says
RE: Who Says
(September 13, 2017 at 2:27 am)Godscreated Wrote:
(September 12, 2017 at 10:01 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Could you please clarify whether you do or don't want us to point out your spelling mistakes? Because if you're going to complain when no one points them out, I'm not going to do you the disservice of not pointing them out anymore.

I see the only reason atheist jump on my spelling is because it's the only argument they have against what I've said. I hardly ever see atheist correcting each others spelling and everyone here knows that is true. I've seen atheist here misspelling words all the time and I say nothing about it, why, because I make the effort to figure out what was intended and usually can. I do not see that it's important to call out people for misspelling words or using the wrong word such as I did with the word meat instead of meet. Really if I can figure out what others are saying despite their misspelled words those who claim their superior spelling ability should easily be able, too. Like I said to begin with I see people who point out others misspellings and offer no other argument to a post are without an argument. I don't mind being corrected it helps me to improve and I have, what I mind is the superior attitude that's used in such correction. I know my own weaknesses it's why I try and look up any word I have doubt about spelling it.

GC

That doesn't answer my question. If I don't point out your spelling errors, are you going to point out that I didn't point out your spelling errors, like you did in the post that prompted my question? Yes or no would cover it.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(September 13, 2017 at 3:30 am)Godscreated Wrote:
(September 13, 2017 at 2:56 am)Mathilda Wrote: Actually it's because everyone knows that you don't ever understand the reasons why your arguments can be easily refuted and so can't be reasoned with. Theists like you serve to act like wounded prey being given to newly hatched atheists to practise on.

You nor anyone else has ever defeated anything presented from scripture. Those newly hatched atheist you are speaking of mostly use bad language and senseless talk to make an impression on the older atheist here, and you guys fall for it and defend such drivel. Shame on you for lowering yourself to such a level.

GC

Defeated anything from scripture? I could say that you haven't defeated anything from Lord of the Rings. Both are works of fiction. Yet you are making an assumption that we do not, that scripture isn't fiction. There is no reason to believe that scripture is anything other than made up nonsense, and plenty of reason to believe that it is.

You know your own particular brand of fiction like a true fan boy and can only make strawman arguments against evidence based science because you don't understand what you are arguing against.
Quote:You nor anyone else has ever defeated anything presented from scripture.
Lol your silly collection of fables has been eviscerated on this site .

Quote:Those newly hatched atheist you are speaking of mostly use bad language and senseless talk to make an impression on the older atheist here
Most new comers here rend your pathetic apologetics like so much tissue paper. What your describing are the tide of jesus freak loons the come to this site. Blather the same tired points over and over to impress god bothers here .

Quote:and you guys fall for it and defend such drivel.
Nope that would be you desperately defending your fellow jesus freak apologists

Quote:Shame on you for lowering yourself to such a level.
Greater shame on you for distorting this situation on this site
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(September 13, 2017 at 2:56 am)Mathilda Wrote: Actually it's because everyone knows that you don't ever understand the reasons why your arguments can be easily refuted and so can't be reasoned with. Theists like you serve to act like wounded prey being given to newly hatched atheists to practise on.

You nor anyone else has ever defeated anything presented from scripture. Those newly hatched atheist you are speaking of mostly use bad language and senseless talk to make an impression on the older atheist here, and you guys fall for it and defend such drivel. Shame on you for lowering yourself to such a level.

GC

Noah's Ark is scientifically impossible, the exodus is unlikely based on archaeological evidence, evolution shits hard and heavy on your creation myth... need I go on?

You don't see your book as defeated because of your religi-goggles, but virtually everything in that thing has been disproved, refuted, and/or debunked. Your brain just refuses to see that.
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
Donkeys don't talk (Eddie Murphy notwithstanding); stars can't fall from the sky; bats were never birds; hares don't chew the cud; the Earth does not rest on pillars; mating animals in front of stripey fences does not cause stripey offspring...
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
If you only have one male and female of a single species then that species will die out because it lacks genetic diversity to produce healthy off-spring.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimum_viable_population

GC

Defeated scripture?! What a riot. Thinking people know its drivel.  Defeat must mean there is always some god-blinded fool willing to make up excuses for the errors in it.
"The last superstition of the human mind is the superstition that religion in itself is a good thing."  - Samuel Porter Putnam

You must be new around here Tongue
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 13, 2017 at 3:30 am)Godscreated Wrote: You nor anyone else has ever defeated anything presented from scripture.

We don't need to.  Scripture is self-defeating.  It's totally absurd stuff that has to be indoctrinated into people and cannot stand on its own merits.

Quote:Those newly hatched atheist you are speaking of mostly use bad language and senseless talk to make an impression on the older atheist here, and you guys fall for it and defend such drivel. Shame on you for lowering yourself to such a level.

Oh, stick it up the Holy Spook's fictitious butt, GC.  I've been a non-believer since elementary school and I've been swearing since I was a teenager, over 40 years ago, and I don't need newly-minted atheists to teach me that.
Yep. I've never been anything other than an atheist, even before I knew there was a word for it. The whole gods and worship thing is just too ridiculous to me even to be childish.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Bible Says So YahwehIsTheWay 24 3962 December 7, 2018 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  World ending on April 23rd, says false prophet Divinity 41 9450 April 27, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 11018 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Tell All Book Says Pat Robertson Full of Shit Minimalist 12 3730 September 29, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Atheist73
  What the bible says Hell is like sinnerdaniel94 843 145712 September 11, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Arkilogue
  Billy Graham's Daughter says transgender people responsible for 9/11 Aroura 23 5413 May 15, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: abaris
Wink The Third Eagle of the Apocalypse says...the end is nigh! Aegon 12 5616 January 18, 2016 at 7:38 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Thumbs Down Bible says convert or kill the nonbelievers too. Thumbs down for Christianity... IanHulett 68 20123 January 5, 2016 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Drich
  The Seat of Man's Intellect: What Says Your God? Mudhammam 38 15784 August 31, 2015 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Ha, huh because.... Science says so! Drich 122 33320 August 3, 2015 at 9:09 am
Last Post: robvalue