Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 3:35 pm

Poll: Do you drink alcohol?
This poll is closed.
Yes and I drink a moderate amount.
9.09%
3 9.09%
No I don't drink alcohol.
30.30%
10 30.30%
I drink alcohol fairly regularly.
18.18%
6 18.18%
I drink alcohol very rarely. Just special occasions or maybe sometimes at a social event or if I have a friend around.
33.33%
11 33.33%
I drink alcohol very regularly and too much in fact. I'm trying to cut down/quit altogether.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Poll: Do you drink alcohol?
RE: Quick Poll: Do you drink alcohol?
(September 29, 2017 at 9:03 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: I also don’t like feeling buzzed.

Then you've never been buzzed Tongue

Feeling "buzzed" feels nice by definition. If you don't like it... it can't be being buzzed.

Buzzed=tipsy right? Tipsy is heaven.

If everyone could be constantly tipsy without ever being drunk... we'd live in a better world.

(September 30, 2017 at 3:44 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Alcohol, because ugly people need to get laid too.

Why does it never work for me?
(September 29, 2017 at 11:37 pm)Fireball Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 10:14 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Even in recovery, I can and do use beer as a marinade for beef, and a little wine on occasion.

Never cared for cakes, or sweets of any sort, once past adolescence, so I've got no sway on that topic. But  a nice ribeye roast marinaded in a cab, or a tritip marinaded in a decent pale ale -- marvelous.

I've ruined enough beef over a grill that I might qualify for a career in Dante's version of the inferno, but I think I'll try these marinades. I generally simply use garlic, salt and pepper. I'm not a cook. You need something mechanical designed and built, or a vehicle fixed, I'm your guy. My wife's father was a grillmeister, and she expects me to have the same tendencies. I'm not that guy. Shit, I burn fish sticks on the grill. Sad

With either of these marinades I'll add a splash or two of Worcerstershire sauce. I pierce the meat beforehand, and give it a rub of fresh-ground pepper, seasoned salt, and garlic powder before immersion. A roast will marinade two or three hours, a steak an hour or so.

(September 30, 2017 at 5:05 am)Hammy Wrote:
(September 30, 2017 at 3:44 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Alcohol, because ugly people need to get laid too.

Why does it never work for me?

Because you are the one who is drunk.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

I'm a spoiled brat when it comes to booze. I like Scotch. I tolerate other kinds. But Scotch I drink one shot at a time, savoring. Not a snob, a $25/bottle brand has its good points. A bottle of 30 yo Macallan, at $1,700/bottle, has its good points. It's just that one has more good points than the other. I have between one and three shots a day, spaced out hours apart. I've been drunk once in the last 20 years or so.
(September 30, 2017 at 5:05 am)Hammy Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 9:03 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: I also don’t like feeling buzzed.

Then you've never been buzzed Tongue

Feeling "buzzed" feels nice by definition. If you don't like it... it can't be being buzzed.

Buzzed=tipsy right? Tipsy is heaven.

If everyone could be constantly tipsy without ever being drunk... we'd live in a better world

No, as a physically disabled person, I don't like an increased lack of control over my body or faculties.

I know you're trying to be funny, but this is actually kinda an asshole comment from you. Protip: don't tell others what they have or have not felt after they've told you they've felt something.
Do I drink? I plea the 5th. Oh wait, I should say I plead for a 5th.

Just beer, I rarely drink the hard stuff.
I drink beer (real beer, not the fizz they call lager) red wine and brandy (no, not all in the same glass)
I rarely have more than one or two drinks in a day and cannot remember the last time I was drunk, I enjoy the flavour more than the effect of the alcohol.
If a doctor told me I had to give up alcohol it would not be a big problem but giving up coffee would be very hard!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(September 30, 2017 at 6:51 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(September 29, 2017 at 11:37 pm)Fireball Wrote: I've ruined enough beef over a grill that I might qualify for a career in Dante's version of the inferno, but I think I'll try these marinades. I generally simply use garlic, salt and pepper. I'm not a cook. You need something mechanical designed and built, or a vehicle fixed, I'm your guy. My wife's father was a grillmeister, and she expects me to have the same tendencies. I'm not that guy. Shit, I burn fish sticks on the grill. Sad

With either of these marinades I'll add a splash or two of Worcerstershire sauce.

I fucking love Worcestershire sauce.

Do you like grilled cheese sandwiches? And have you tried Worcestershire sauce on a grilled cheese sandwich? Big Grin

(September 30, 2017 at 6:53 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(September 30, 2017 at 5:05 am)Hammy Wrote: Why does it never work for me?

Because you are the one who is drunk.

I've met one drunken married woman once who said I was a 'dark horse' and that she 'had a thing for dark horses'.... she started snuggling up to me then she gave me a lift in her car and dropped me off at my house. That was pretty weird but still no luck with the ladies. The one time I have potential the woman in question happens to be married!
I'm Irish with a splash of Cuban, it's in my blood to drink. I love liquor, give me a bottle of a good rum or bourbon and I'll love you forever.

Also, worcestershire sauce is the shit. I put it on most meats while grilling.

Edit: I've also been known to sip from the bottle, much to my girlfriends amusement.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(September 29, 2017 at 11:38 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: I'm a semi-controlled alcoholic. I manage to stay clean 4-5 days out of the week while giving in 2-3 days. It think it will kill me eventually.

It doesn't have to be that way, brotha.

(September 30, 2017 at 5:27 pm)Hammy Wrote: I fucking love Worcestershire sauce.

Do you like grilled cheese sandwiches? And have you tried Worcestershire sauce on a grilled cheese sandwich? Big Grin

Not particularly, and no. Sounds like drunk-food to me!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Soup a Drink? T.J. 14 934 December 5, 2021 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  What Happened to All the Alcohol? Rhondazvous 27 3206 May 23, 2020 at 6:34 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Drink the Koolaid onlinebiker 12 890 April 17, 2020 at 6:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Fancy Drink Girl? particleman 10 1675 July 17, 2019 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Song Thread About Food/Drink BrianSoddingBoru4 16 1510 May 23, 2019 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  The Poll To End All Polls no one 12 1134 February 5, 2019 at 7:11 pm
Last Post: Yonadav
  Troll Poll on Atheism ignoramus 2 534 December 17, 2018 at 9:20 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Poll: What To Do With Defunct Retail Outlets BrianSoddingBoru4 24 2072 October 30, 2018 at 9:40 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Bathroom Poll Foxaèr 31 3096 October 3, 2018 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  Poll: Is it possible to be both very creepy and very sexy? Edwardo Piet 12 2349 May 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: brewer