Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 10:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do if you found out God existed
RE: What would you do if you found out God existed
(October 5, 2017 at 9:28 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Wait!  Coveting your neighbor's hot wife is not a sin?!

How the hell did you figure out I'd moved next door?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 5, 2017 at 9:41 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(October 5, 2017 at 9:24 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: It's not out of the woods if you know God exists, then comes truly knowing the path to him and taking it, which is recognizing his name among the false names. Knowing God exists is easy, knowing who God is and the I path to him, that takes another level. And knowing that path, and taking it, is exactly a whole different thing, and knowing the path and way and door doesn't mean you will enter it and take it.

All praise to God of all the guidance and insights and proofs he has helped me with and I ask forgiveness for every ungrateful act of disobedience and every lack of will towards embracing his name and submitting to him.

Take a flying fuck through a rolling doughnut, MK.  At least CL actually talks to us like human beings.

CL has better manners than me, but at least I don't have as bad manners as you.
(October 5, 2017 at 9:30 pm)Godscreated Wrote:
(October 5, 2017 at 7:18 pm)Joods Wrote: I would ask him if there really was a divine plan and if so, why doesn't he tell people how useless and greedy prayer is.

I would ask him why he allows for suffering all over the world.

I would ask him why he created people with sin if he really is/was responsible for the creation of the earth. Seriously, he could have left out that whole part, saving a shit ton of trouble.

I would ask him why he's been such a fucking asshole to allow my daughter to be separated from me by an abusive, narcissistic piece of shit who should be in jail.

I would ask him why he's taken over 2000 years to finally show up.

I would ask him how, after he's allowed horrible things to happen and he finally shows his face, he expects anyone to trust and just believe that he is indeed this mysterious "god" being.

I would tell him what a low life asshole he is. I would tell him that he has no right to ask anyone to worship him since he allowed terrible things to happen. And I would ask him what a "supreme being" actually needs with money since he can literally conjure up anything he wants to.

And then I would walk away and life my life just as I have been doing, still believing that there is no god.

You just do not understand, not even the what if put before you. I can answer those questions of yours the Bible deals with them and you would know if you cared to read it. Sin answers most of your questions, and God did not create sin Lucifer brought it into existence and man swallowed it hook line and sinker and now we suffer for it. If God were to appear before you you wouldn't be able to say anything, but hey believe as you wish but one day soon enough you will meet Him face to face and you will be speechless.

GC

That's a load of horseshit and you know it. The bible most certainly does not answer any of those questions. 

FWIW I have read the bible. It's one of the reasons why I am an atheist. 

If god were to appear to me, you have no clue what I would or wouldn't be able to say because 1 - you don't know me and 2 - you don't know me well enough to know how I would react in a situation like that. 

You don't know how anyone would react. I might just sucker punch him for shits and giggles so he can see what it's like to "suffer" from something that was beyond his control.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(October 5, 2017 at 9:27 pm)Cyberman Wrote: Yay, Ceiling Cat!

What is ceiling cat?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Guess I can't really know unless it happens huh?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Catholic Lady, God did appear to me, but I showed utter hate to him till it drove me insane, and allowed the devils to this day to over take my soul and keep me away from his remembrance.

I always thought I would show nothing but love to God if I was sure he existed but I recall things vividly now, and when I shown the truth, I hated it, and went back to the darkness.  

I have forgotten God from then on, and an evil spirit/demon has been what overwhelmed me and all I see, and all I rely on.

I been trying to destroy it through the name of God and leader of God, but I've become blind to the light, I don't know which sword is the sword of God when I been so use to falsehood.

All I can tell you, the hardest of trials is when you stand before God, and you are expected to show etiquette. I showed hate and dislike, and showed fear of him out of hate, till I ran away and became insane after becoming welcomed to the place of the chosen ones and holy valley.

I don't know if I will ever forgive myself,  perhaps if I find God's Name among the falsehoods, and recognize his tree of light among the false trees,  I wil redeem myself and remember him.

But I realize now all I understand is what in theory the path of God would be, what in theory Quran teaches, what in theory is the face of God, what in theory is the leaders who leads and guides to God, but I have not recognized neither myself, neither God, neither the leaders and means and path to God.

I see nothing but shadows and trying to fight with a stick (reason) from God to light a way by which I will recognize the name of God and face of God.
Pics or it didn't happen MK.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(October 5, 2017 at 9:41 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(October 5, 2017 at 9:24 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: It's not out of the woods if you know God exists, then comes truly knowing the path to him and taking it, which is recognizing his name among the false names. Knowing God exists is easy, knowing who God is and the I path to him, that takes another level. And knowing that path, and taking it, is exactly a whole different thing, and knowing the path and way and door doesn't mean you will enter it and take it.

All praise to God of all the guidance and insights and proofs he has helped me with and I ask forgiveness for every ungrateful act of disobedience and every lack of will towards embracing his name and submitting to him.

Take a flying fuck through a rolling doughnut, MK.  At least CL actually talks to us like human beings.

I don't think MK means any disrespect, that's just how he talks/writes lol. It's his style. His Facebook posts are the same way.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Deleted.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
I testify by madness and insanity was due to my own sins and my illness is me destroying myself and running away from what reason ascends to and calls to and that I let the demons take over me because of my lack of trust of God and lack of faith in his compassion, despairing when I began to slip, running away from his beauty, showing disrespect to his honor, schizophrenia/bipolar was not much of a punishment, but rather a way for me to find myself again, and redeem myself.

I am possessed and trying to break free of my demons.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Shocking Reflection]: Finally, I found Mohammed's name in the Bible and the Torah WinterHold 105 6695 November 26, 2022 at 1:29 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Sodom found? HappySkeptic 46 3371 October 9, 2021 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Someone should tell these people Buddha never existed Vincenzo Vinny G. 14 4727 March 5, 2021 at 6:44 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Turns out we were all wrong. Here's undeniable proof of god. EgoDeath 6 1440 September 16, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Jesus tomb found! << click bait for religious>> ignoramus 17 2897 December 23, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4310 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  God and Death, dying out. WinterHold 13 2321 May 14, 2018 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  People in bible never existed according to head of Theology at a university in UK! MellisaClarke 79 15796 January 3, 2018 at 12:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Would God be an atheist? Martian Mermaid 41 7031 November 16, 2017 at 1:14 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  What would you do if you found out that I was God? Aegon 16 2630 October 8, 2017 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Aegon