Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 4, 2024, 7:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emotions are intrinsically good and bad
RE: Emotions are intrinsically good and bad
Your ego doesn't seem to have done you any favors in this thread.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 5, 2017 at 12:35 am)Khemikal Wrote: Your ego doesn't seem to have done you any favors in this thread.

It could very well be the case that those who detach from their ego such as those who pay no mind to how they feel and just get on with life could be the ones deluded here since they are too focused on the outside world such as, again, obligations and responsibilities and don't hone in into their inner universe like I have.  Some might claim that they have and that there really is another way to have real good value in one's life, but they could still be the deluded ones anyway due to any number of factors deluding them.  Here is one more set of responses and replies from my book  that I am quite sure you would find interesting.  Not just because I say so, but because I think you would really find them interesting:

Other Person's Response:  I heard you are learning how to compose.  With a worldview like that, then your music is bound to be the shallow and stale music we hear all the time on the radio.  It's those who find value, worth, and meaning in a life of misery and unhappiness that makes a true composer and a true human being.

My Reply:  This is false because, if you read my other packet which explains the types of music I wish to compose, then you will be quite intrigued.  As you can see here, my insights are quite profound and just because my worldview sounds like nonsense should not dismiss it either as a shallow worldview.  Both my musical vision and my worldview are profoundly beautiful insights, ways of becoming a composer and a human being, and my worldview is the most profound and powerful values anybody can live by.  I am autistic and have created beautiful and dramatic compositions in my head.  They convey powerful and profound emotion.  Autistic people have this gift.  Many of them are savants. 

I just need to learn how to compose in order to convey these amazing songs I hear in my head.  I could very well be a savant both in terms of my composing gift and when it comes to this worldview of mine.  In other words, don't dismiss this worldview of mine as nonsense since I could very well be the savant here.  If you don't believe I have autism, then I would have you ask my mother and she will tell you that I really have been diagnosed with autism.  Therefore, when people dismiss my worldview, then they are only having the misconception that it's because my worldview is crazy, deluded, nonsense when, in reality, it could be the truth discovered by a savant such as myself.  All of this is my own truth I have discovered within and I am now sharing it with the rest of humanity.   

Other Person's Response:  Your worldview really is degraded garbage!

My Reply:  I have no idea what you are talking about.  From my perspective, it is gold.  It's as they always say.  One man's trash is another man's treasure.  For me, this worldview of mine is my own personal transcendence, enlightenment, profound beauty, etc. which deviates from how humanity would define those terms.  I would see their views as garbage and they would see mine as garbage.  I wouldn't see them as garbage individuals as long as they treated me with kindness and respect just as how they shouldn't see me as a garbage individual as long as I treated them with kindness and respect. 

Rather, I would just see their worldviews and ways of living as being garbage.  But my own mother actually agrees with my worldview and she really loves it and the rest of my family thinks so as well.  So, I do have real support for my worldview which means that others would agree with it and others would disagree with it.  I just think that this is how the world works.  Everybody has certain things that they agree with and others have things they disagree with.

Other Person's Response:  If you think that we as human beings aren't garbage and that it is only our worldviews and ways of living which are garbage, then maybe you are a decent human being after all because this might mean that you, as a human being, are not garbage and that it is only your worldview and way of living and being a composer which is garbage.

My Reply:  I'm doubtful about my worldview being false garbage.  But anyone who would display scathing treatment towards me and treat me as a human being like garbage can just have their views dismissed by me.  They are just plain false and wrong about me with their attitudes and views just like how they are wrong with the rest of their views of good and bad, beauty and joy.  After all, I get along great with others in the community and with my family.  So, I don't think it is fair that others give me treatment that is simply uncalled for.
You sound like a LaVeyan Satanist.

The main difference is that he's interesting.
(November 5, 2017 at 12:40 am)bennyboy Wrote: You sound like a LaVeyan Satanist.

The main difference is that he's interesting.

Here is one more set of responses and replies from my book that I am quite sure you would find interesting.  Not just because I say so, but because I think you would really find them interesting:

Other Person's Response:  I heard you are learning how to compose.  With a worldview like that, then your music is bound to be the shallow and stale music we hear all the time on the radio.  It's those who find value, worth, and meaning in a life of misery and unhappiness that makes a true composer and a true human being.

My Reply:  This is false because, if you read my other packet which explains the types of music I wish to compose, then you will be quite intrigued.  As you can see here, my insights are quite profound and just because my worldview sounds like nonsense should not dismiss it either as a shallow worldview.  Both my musical vision and my worldview are profoundly beautiful insights, ways of becoming a composer and a human being, and my worldview is the most profound and powerful values anybody can live by.  I am autistic and have created beautiful and dramatic compositions in my head.  They convey powerful and profound emotion.  Autistic people have this gift.  Many of them are savants and they can create masterpieces in their minds without ever having learned yet how to create their masterpieces in the physical world.

I just need to learn how to compose in order to convey these amazing songs I hear in my head.  I could very well be a savant both in terms of my composing gift and when it comes to this worldview of mine.  In other words, don't dismiss this worldview of mine as nonsense since I could very well be the savant here.  If you don't believe I have autism, then I would have you ask my mother and she will tell you that I really have been diagnosed with autism.  Therefore, when people dismiss my worldview, then they are only having the misconception that it's because my worldview is crazy, deluded, nonsense when, in reality, it could be the truth discovered by a savant such as myself.  All of this is my own truth I have discovered within and I am now sharing it with the rest of humanity. 

Other Person's Response:  Your values are detached and isolated from the rest of humanity.

My Reply:  It's because this is my own personal life and I do not allow it to be ruled by anyone else.  Therefore, I have my own personal values which I think are the real values.  It's my own spiritual path.  I just think that people need to pursue their own path rather than believing in the doctrines, philosophies, values, morals, and teachings that have already been established.  Only then would they come to realize that my path was the real path all along.  If they still don't agree, then that is just their own personal path.  You see, many people would say to me that my worldview isn't even a worldview. 

They would say that it's not hedonism or any other worldview out there.  Again, this is because I do not adhere my life to any other established worldview and I find the truth within myself.  Maybe you could call my worldview hedonism, but it would be a completely different form of hedonism perhaps.  I don't know.  Maybe my worldview is already hedonism.  Also, when I say that I have discovered the truth within, then that is nothing like trying to look within to discover the cure for cancer because doing that won't give you any real answer to a cure.  Rather, this is something entirely different.  It is a personal truth that can only be discovered by looking within.  It is a matter of what truly gives a person's life value and I have discovered that personal truth.

Other Person's Response:  Your worldview really is degraded garbage!

My Reply:  I have no idea what you are talking about.  From my perspective, it is gold.  It's as they always say.  One man's trash is another man's treasure.  For me, this worldview of mine is my own personal transcendence, enlightenment, profound beauty, etc. which deviates from how humanity would define those terms.  I would see their views as garbage and they would see mine as garbage.  I wouldn't see them as garbage individuals as long as they treated me with kindness and respect just as how they shouldn't see me as a garbage individual as long as I treated them with kindness and respect.

Rather, I would just see their worldviews and ways of living as being garbage.  But my own mother actually agrees with my worldview and she really loves it and the rest of my family thinks so as well.  So, I do have real support for my worldview which means that others would agree with it and others would disagree with it.  I just think that this is how the world works.  Everybody has certain things that they agree with and others have things they disagree with.

Other Person's Response:  If you think that we as human beings aren't garbage and that it is only our worldviews and ways of living which are garbage, then maybe you are a decent human being after all because this might mean that you, as a human being, are not garbage and that it is only your worldview and way of living and being a composer which is garbage.

My Reply:  I'm doubtful about my worldview being false garbage.  But anyone who would display scathing treatment towards me and treat me as a human being like garbage can just have their views dismissed by me.  They are just plain false and wrong about me with their attitudes and views just like how they are wrong with the rest of their views of good and bad, beauty and joy.  After all, I get along great with others in the community and with my family.  So, I don't think it is fair that others give me treatment that is simply uncalled for.
Why are you responding to my comment with something not at all related to it?
(November 5, 2017 at 7:08 am)bennyboy Wrote: Why are you responding to my comment with something not at all related to it?

Because I had nothing to say in regards to your comment.  Therefore, I was just presenting more of my material from my book for you to read and respond to.
If that's not an example of of delusional behavior/thinking I don't know what is.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(November 5, 2017 at 9:15 am)Transcended Dimensions Wrote:
(November 5, 2017 at 7:08 am)bennyboy Wrote: Why are you responding to my comment with something not at all related to it?

Because I had nothing to say in regards to your comment.  Therefore, I was just presenting more of my material from my book for you to read and respond to.

Don't do that.  That's rude. How forums work is people say stuff, then you make sensible responses to what they said. Otherwise, it's just intellectual masturbation: feels good for you, you do it yourself, but you use others as a prop.
I'm sorry that I was unable to help you, TD.
(November 5, 2017 at 9:31 am)mh.brewer Wrote: If that's not an example of of delusional behavior/thinking I don't know what is.

TBH, dipping in to this thread as a noob, I have no clue what this is.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can too much respect be bad? Fake Messiah 48 5128 January 14, 2020 at 11:28 am
Last Post: roofinggiant
  Technology, Good or Bad Overall? ColdComfort 41 6245 July 7, 2019 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  There are no higher emotions/values Transcended Dimensions 58 12334 April 30, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Wink Emoticons are Intrinsically Good and Evil Fireball 4 1142 October 21, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Name one objectively bad person ErGingerbreadMandude 57 15219 October 16, 2017 at 3:47 am
Last Post: Ignorant
  Is there a logical, rational reason why hate is bad? WisdomOfTheTrees 27 3841 February 4, 2017 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Is developing a strong habit of philosophizing bad for your social skills? Edwardo Piet 31 4367 May 25, 2016 at 8:22 am
Last Post: Gemini
Smile a bad person Sappho 30 5369 December 8, 2015 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  The bad guy Marsellus Wallace 18 5479 July 28, 2015 at 8:15 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
Bug Do Fruit Flies Have Emotions? Hatshepsut 28 3452 May 16, 2015 at 7:56 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger