Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 5:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massive controversy between Christians right now: Is Hell eternal punishment?
RE: Massive controversy between Christians right now: Is Hell eternal punishment?
I wonder what the Greek word for BULLSHIT might be? They could hardly have written your fucking bible without it.
RE: Massive controversy between Christians right now: Is Hell eternal punishment?
I absolutely have other hobbies Veritas, you're right. I like to break commandments, defile myself, and lead others astray, good to know I wont be judged eternally.

GC, every word in your fairy tale book is interchangeable, malleability of the concept of divinity and all that.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 15, 2011 at 2:39 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: I see you listen to sensationalist news rather than wanting to get to the facts. Rob Bell is certainly well respected, and he isn't a Universalist, nor is he arguing for it.
If I'm well-respected by my "peers" and I told you I don't believe in god or gods, but deny being called an atheist by you, would you seriously give me another minute of your day?

When someone in a restaurant serves you bullshit for the main course, you do not stick around for dessert.

(August 16, 2011 at 2:17 am)Godschild Wrote: 2nd Thessalonians 1:9 for evelasting. "And these will pay the penalty of everlasting destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and away from the glory of His power.
I can assume then you believe in Annihilationism? You believe hell is complete and utter destruction? Or are we sinners -being eternally destroyed- instead i.e. suffering?

You got yourself a nice little evil cult there. ^^
Thing is WC it isn't bullshit in the first place. But carry on with that delusion if you must.

'Everlasting' is an english word derived from the original text. read the theory before dissmissing it from ignorance.
That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
As long as we are quoting....

Quote:Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire
(August 16, 2011 at 1:12 pm)Welsh cake Wrote:
(August 15, 2011 at 2:39 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: I see you listen to sensationalist news rather than wanting to get to the facts. Rob Bell is certainly well respected, and he isn't a Universalist, nor is he arguing for it.
If I'm well-respected by my "peers" and I told you I don't believe in god or gods, but deny being called an atheist by you, would you seriously give me another minute of your day?

When someone in a restaurant serves you bullshit for the main course, you do not stick around for dessert.

(August 16, 2011 at 2:17 am)Godschild Wrote: 2nd Thessalonians 1:9 for evelasting. "And these will pay the penalty of everlasting destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and away from the glory of His power.
I can assume then you believe in Annihilationism? You believe hell is complete and utter destruction? Or are we sinners -being eternally destroyed- instead i.e. suffering?

You got yourself a nice little evil cult there. ^^

No I do not, destruction does not always mean there is an end to something.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
I believe the word destruction was coined exactly for the purpose of describing the "end of something".
(August 16, 2011 at 2:21 am)Minimalist Wrote: I wonder what the Greek word for BULLSHIT might be? They could hardly have written your fucking bible without it.

tauro/s skuvbalon I think minimalist.
undefined
(August 17, 2011 at 12:58 am)Rhythm Wrote: I believe the word destruction was coined exactly for the purpose of describing the "end of something".

*chuckle* I think Rhythm has a pretty valid point with this. If something is destroyed - it has come to an end.

GC if one of your churches burns down and you rebuild one identical. It is still a brand new building and not a continuation of the old one. No one goes around saying, yep that building has been here since 1905 when it was burned to the ground and built anew in 2010.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gospel of John controversy Jillybean 13 1362 June 12, 2024 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: Prycejosh1987
  I'm a Universalist - Can anyone convince me of 'Eternal Damnationism'? The Kreisel 16 1801 February 26, 2021 at 3:02 am
Last Post: beepete
  [Serious] What God's justification for eternal torment? SuicideCommando01 279 23642 December 18, 2020 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life? Greatest I am 30 3234 July 26, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 8174 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 9466 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Jesus suffering vs eternal suffering of temporary sinners purplepurpose 72 10871 November 19, 2018 at 4:55 pm
  The connection between Christianity and Capitalism Cecelia 43 5665 August 22, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Eternal afterlife purplepurpose 129 27545 February 14, 2018 at 8:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Ex-Christians: How do you lose your fear of hell? KiwiNFLFan 29 6249 November 20, 2017 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose