Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 2:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are most religions agains homosexuality?
RE: Why are most religions agains homosexuality?
(December 15, 2017 at 4:11 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(December 15, 2017 at 3:58 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Don't leave out the Holy Sacraments of Divorce and Remarriage and how important they are to God's sacred plan of heterosexuality.

Yes, the "not-so-infallible" Church has changed its (her) tune on that supposedly "unchangeable dogma".

And divorce and remarriage never ever ever promotes anything near as bad as same sex attraction in the children affected.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 15, 2017 at 4:11 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(December 15, 2017 at 3:58 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Don't leave out the Holy Sacraments of Divorce and Remarriage and how important they are to God's sacred plan of heterosexuality.

Yes, the "not-so-infallible" Church has changed its (her) tune on that supposedly "unchangeable dogma".

(December 15, 2017 at 3:48 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: I am questioning whether homosexuality is moral according to the source of ethics (i.e. evolutionary mandates) commonly proposed by atheists. It seems like they are incompatible.

Your opinion, sir.  Homosexual unions are legal, now and forever.

Whether or not something is legal is different from whether or not it is moral. The question that you have not answered is whether or not your stance is consistent with a non-theistic moral system based on evolved instincts.
(December 15, 2017 at 10:48 am)Drich Wrote: Most religions center around "traditional family structure which under girds the type of society Religion seeks to build. Homosexuality is anti traditional family. No mom and dad no kids. Homosexuality is typically centered around self or the individual want/need rather than a collective. which was the only way any young society had a chance in 'making it.'

And the pillars of the church, the champions of Christianity? From the pope, the cardinals, the bishops, right down to the parish priests and the nuns. All virgins, No mom and dad no kids. All anti traditional family. Lead by example I say. Get some shagging done.

[Image: stock-photo-humorous-costume-pregnant-nun-1401199.jpg]

On second thoughts...
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(December 15, 2017 at 4:38 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(December 15, 2017 at 4:11 pm)Jehanne Wrote: Yes, the "not-so-infallible" Church has changed its (her) tune on that supposedly "unchangeable dogma".

Your opinion, sir.  Homosexual unions are legal, now and forever.

Whether or not something is legal is different from whether or not it is moral. The question that you have not answered is whether or not your stance is consistent with a non-theistic moral system based on evolved instincts.

Principle of utalarianism.
(December 15, 2017 at 5:17 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(December 15, 2017 at 4:38 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Whether or not something is legal is different from whether or not it is moral. The question that you have not answered is whether or not your stance is consistent with a non-theistic moral system based on evolved instincts.

Principle of utalarianism.

That does remove the inconsistency since it leaves unanswered what the greatest good is.
(December 15, 2017 at 3:48 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: I am questioning whether homosexuality is moral according to the source of ethics (i.e. evolutionary mandates) commonly proposed by atheists. It seems like they are incompatible.

Atheists tend to believe homosexuality is amoral and theists tend to believe homosexuality is immoral.

(December 15, 2017 at 4:38 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: The question that you have not answered is whether or not your stance is consistent with a non-theistic moral system based on evolved instincts.

The fact you associate atheism with social Darwinism combined with the fact that you claim to be a former atheist just evinces the fact that you were clearly one thoroughly retarded atheist who became one thoroughly retarded theist.
(December 15, 2017 at 3:48 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(December 15, 2017 at 3:15 pm)Jehanne Wrote: What does it matter to you what two consenting adults do in their private lives?

I am questioning whether homosexuality is moral according to the source of ethics (i.e. evolutionary mandates) commonly proposed by atheists. It seems like they are incompatible.

I question whether you know enough about the causal underpinnings of homosexual and heterosexual behaviors to make this statement without just pulling unsupported shit from your ass.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Nope 

1. Evolution is not a ideology it's science . 

2. Nope the theory of evolution does not argue that every individual must  reproduce only on a meta scale that the species reproduce. And since Homosexuality will never be the majority there is no conflict . Plus Homosexual can reproduce they simply are not by attraction inclined . Not too mention in group species they still contribute . Once again Wooter your understanding of subtleties in evolutionary theory are simplistic and absurd .And your understanding of evolution's role in ethics is even more so.

Quote:Most religions center around "traditional family structure which under girds the type of society Religion seeks to build. Homosexuality is anti traditional family. No mom and dad no kids. Homosexuality is typically centered around self or the individual want/need rather than a collective. which was the only way any young society had a chance in 'making it.
Rubbish
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(December 15, 2017 at 6:12 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(December 15, 2017 at 5:17 pm)Jehanne Wrote: Principle of utalarianism.

That does remove the inconsistency since it leaves unanswered what the greatest good is.

The two greatest goods are, 1) The survival of the human race, and 2) Maximizing the happiness of every human being, as much as possible.
And i have not even gotten into the idea's about how Homosexuality benefits the overarching family unit .

(December 15, 2017 at 6:54 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(December 15, 2017 at 6:12 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: That does remove the inconsistency since it leaves unanswered what the greatest good is.

The two greatest goods are, 1) The survival of the human race, and 2) Maximizing the happiness of every human being, as much as possible.

And the great thing about that is we can explore and measure the effects of both of those . Unlike Wooters transcendent oogity boogity .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions... Ajay0 17 1917 May 24, 2019 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  To all religions/What makes you think...... Brian37 22 3056 February 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: no one
  Religions Role in Social Movements, Essential or Accidental? Neo-Scholastic 17 3680 October 4, 2018 at 3:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Are all religions cults? Aroura 88 11784 September 30, 2018 at 1:41 am
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3916 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Homosexuality no longer a sin Foxaèr 155 20521 June 20, 2018 at 5:34 am
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 11384 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions? Greatest I am 37 13216 March 23, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  How I view all the world's religions. Brian37 0 617 March 22, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Homosexuality WinterHold 169 20218 February 17, 2018 at 4:09 am
Last Post: Amarok