Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homosexuality
Homosexuality
Sigmund Freud said:

Quote:Homosexuality is assuredly no advantage, but it is nothing to be ashamed of, no vice, no degradation; it cannot be classified as an illness; we consider it to be a variation of the sexual function, produced by a certain arrest of sexual development. Many highly respectable individuals of ancient and modern times have been homosexuals, several of the greatest men among them. (Plato, Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, etc). It is a great injustice to persecute homosexuality as a crime –and a cruelty, too. If you do not believe me, read the books of Havelock Ellis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Fr...osexuality

He literally said, that homosexuality is not a crime; neither is it the person's fault. But -and I'm quoting Freud literally- it is a "production" of a "certain arrest of sexual development".

Homosexuality is a production of certain arrests of sexual development, and many people went through it.
Maybe Freud doesn't acknowledge the society's role in that arrest; and that's his opinion. But I acknowledge that the arrest is unnatural and actually caused by society.

That's all. Homosexuality is not natural.
It's a product of an "arrest" of sexual development.

Personally; I see that arrest -which I personally see as compulsive and forced- to be a crime.
RE: Homosexuality
(February 3, 2018 at 2:36 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: ...

Then how do you explain instances of homosexuality amongst every mammalian species ever studied?

Are mammals not natural?

Huh

Regarding arrested development...

[Image: the-human-brain-is-an-amazing-organ-it-k...073208.png]
The PURPOSE of life is to replicate our DNA ................. (from Darwin)
The MEANING of life is the experience of living ... (from Frank Herbert)
The VALUE of life is the legacy we leave behind ..... (from observation)
Seriously Atlas? WTF is wrong with you?
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(February 3, 2018 at 2:45 am)DLJ Wrote:
(February 3, 2018 at 2:36 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: ...

Then how do you explain instances of homosexuality amongst every mammalian species ever studied?

Are mammals not natural?

Huh

The sexual process is a "process"; just like eating, digestion.
When people go hungry; they sometimes eat leaves and even bugs.

When one's sexuality is in the state of arrest; they become homosexual.

With animals, you can observe castrated male cats who hump female cats; or even human legs. You get the picture.

"PROCESS"

(February 3, 2018 at 2:52 am)Joods Wrote: Seriously Atlas? WTF is wrong with you?

Just speaking my mind; I read before I talk; I have a base behind what I'm saying.
I might not be 100% right; but I read before talking. I didn't waste your time; in other words.
You are so full of shit. I haven't had sex for two years. It's been "arrested", as you say. Didn't make me gay.

You seriously need to stop looking at homosexuality like it's some sort of bad thing and stop trying to make those people who are gay, look bad.

And honestly - give SF a rest already. His shit is outdated. All you are doing is looking at the past and not the present and how things have changed over the last century.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(February 3, 2018 at 2:52 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(February 3, 2018 at 2:45 am)DLJ Wrote: Then how do you explain instances of homosexuality amongst every mammalian species ever studied?

Are mammals not natural?

Huh

The sexual process is a "process"; just like eating, digestion.
When people go hungry; they sometimes eat leaves and even bugs.

When one's sexuality is in the state of arrest; they become homosexual.

With animals, you can observe castrated male cats who hump female cats; or even human legs. You get the picture.

"PROCESS"

Fine, so we agree that it's natural then.

I get "process". I'm a process consultant.

When my sexuality is in a state of arrest I become a monk.

But it usually just means that I'm short of cash.

Blush
The PURPOSE of life is to replicate our DNA ................. (from Darwin)
The MEANING of life is the experience of living ... (from Frank Herbert)
The VALUE of life is the legacy we leave behind ..... (from observation)
Atlas doth protest too much, methinks. Freud would probably write a paper on it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 3, 2018 at 2:36 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Sigmund Freud said:

Quote:Homosexuality is assuredly no advantage, but it is nothing to be ashamed of, no vice, no degradation; it cannot be classified as an illness; we consider it to be a variation of the sexual function, produced by a certain arrest of sexual development. Many highly respectable individuals of ancient and modern times have been homosexuals, several of the greatest men among them. (Plato, Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, etc). It is a great injustice to persecute homosexuality as a crime –and a cruelty, too. If you do not believe me, read the books of Havelock Ellis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Fr...osexuality

He literally said, that homosexuality is not a crime; neither is it the person's fault. But -and I'm quoting Freud literally- it is a "production" of a "certain arrest of sexual development".

Homosexuality is a production of certain arrests of sexual development, and many people went through it.
Maybe Freud doesn't acknowledge the society's role in that arrest; and that's his opinion. But I acknowledge that the arrest is unnatural and actually caused by society.

It's a product of an "arrest" of sexual development.

Personally; I see that arrest -which I personally see as compulsive and forced- to be a crime.

Have you discussed this with your boyfriend?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 3, 2018 at 2:56 am)Joods Wrote: You are so full of shit. I haven't had sex for two years. It's been "arrested", as you say. Didn't make me gay.

You seriously need to stop looking at homosexuality like it's some sort of bad thing and stop trying to make those people who are gay, look bad.

And honestly - give SF a rest already. His shit is outdated. All you are doing is looking at the past and not the present and how things have changed over the last century.

I think he lacked the proper subjects to conclude his opinion: in other words I have myself as a person who got "sexually arrested" since a very young age.
If you want my opinion, you need to be suppressed from a very young age. Suppression creates an explosion when it loosens its grip.

I don't try to make gay people look bad. I actually defend gays against any kind of crime against them; they mainly went through a form of sexual arrest; similar to what I went through. I can blame society though; not them.
It's so similar to becoming obese due to parents overfeeding the child. It becomes a moral issue: was he wrong for agreeing to eat?

Personally; I blame the culture of the parents.
Freud laid the foundation of modern Psychology; the man was a genius ! He might have weird theories, but no doubt he was spot on in so many.
I'll put it this way (giggety).

Atlas, what does it get you, to prove to yourself that homosexuality is unnatural? How is your daily life affected as a result? In fact, how is your life affected in any way by the sexuality of others? Are you offended that they don't find you attractive, or that they do?

Let's say for the sake of argument that it is indeed unnatural. What then?

What damn business is it of anyone but theirs?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Homosexuality no longer a sin Foxaèr 155 19738 June 20, 2018 at 5:34 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why are most religions agains homosexuality? Der/die AtheistIn 140 22903 December 22, 2017 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Antares
  Why are you Against Homosexuality (to theists) ScienceAf 107 16569 September 2, 2016 at 2:59 am
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10722 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
  Just wanted to clarify something re: homosexuality shep 35 6602 March 17, 2014 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: Phatt Matt s
Sad Christian Pastor: God wants you to beat the homosexuality out of your kids Miami_Marlins_fan 3 2983 May 3, 2012 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Homosexuality and demons! chatpilot 18 6124 October 31, 2009 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: chatpilot