Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How I view all the world's religions.
How I view all the world's religions.
It isn't that hard and I'd bet that many here would agree. 

You might be the nicest person in the world, but when you make truth claims about the nature of reality, based on the claims of antiquity, what do you wan't me to say? My response to any Christian, Muslim, Jew, Hindu or Buddhist is going to be the same, "That was then, this is now".

I have no desire to have you arrested for merely making claims I don't find credible.

But to me, when you base your logic on the mythology of antiquity, to me, it would be like the Wright Brothers trying to invent an airplane on Tinkerbell theory of flight.

Rubbing the statue of a fat guy may make you feel good, but it does not mean you are going to come back in the next life as a billionaire or cockroach. Praying to an elephant isn't going to do a thing either except make you feel good. Eating pork that is fully cooked won't end you up in a fictional hell. If you eat steak instead of fish on Friday, same thing. If you suddenly realize you don't have to cover your face or head up as a female, men won't drop dead on the spot. 

I cannot force anyone to stop believing no, but damn it, please stop thinking those who question you your logic are out to get you. I may be out to destroy your logic, yes. But only as a claim, not out to oppress anyone. 

This isn't aimed at any one person. It is more about long term everywhere even in my outside life off the net. Sometimes I hear so much in one day, it becomes collective to the point I want to scream, if only in my head.

"Atheist" means off. THAT IS IT. It does not mean we hate every single theist. It does not mean we 100% agree all the time. It does not mean we are incapable of morality. It does not mean we love dictators. 

I know some theists here get it, others here don't. My late mother got it, and she died a believer. That is a person I loved. 

If any theist here reading this wants an idea of how skeptics think, all they have to do is think about the other claims of antiquity they rightfully reject. Understand that, then it should be very easy to understand all the atheist is doing is rejecting one more claim than you do.

Today even off the net, out talking to people face to face, I got that third eye when I didn't suddenly go "that's nice".  Even when we are face to face with theists, some act like we commit a crime even with just a mere look, when we don't smile when they say "god this or god that". If we are not smiling, it isn't that we hate you personally, it is because we don't buy your logic, and we don't like the passive assumption that we have no right to respond to your claims.

Just don't expect us to roll over if you choose to make claims. We are not going to eat your babies merely because we don't like what you claim.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions... Ajay0 17 1851 May 24, 2019 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  To all religions/What makes you think...... Brian37 22 2781 February 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: no one
  [Serious] Freemasons: why is there such a negative view of this group? GODZILLA 8 1401 February 4, 2019 at 6:43 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Religions Role in Social Movements, Essential or Accidental? Neo-Scholastic 17 3487 October 4, 2018 at 3:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Are all religions cults? Aroura 88 11137 September 30, 2018 at 1:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3737 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 10877 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions? Greatest I am 37 12865 March 23, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Why you should distrust all religions. Jehanne 57 11102 January 9, 2018 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Why are most religions agains homosexuality? Der/die AtheistIn 140 22905 December 22, 2017 at 9:48 am
Last Post: Antares