Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are most religions agains homosexuality?
Why are most religions agains homosexuality?
Just why? Homosexuality doesn't hurt anyone. Is it because religions want more followers and homos don't usually reproduce? Then why aren't Catholic priests llowed to marry? Are they supposed to have a relationship only with God? Also, Christianity preaches that you should be ashamed of sex. If they wanted people to reproduce why would they make them fear reproduction?
Is it because homosexuals are a minority, and humans naturally despise who isn't following the herd? Does religion preach against homosexuality so that it could attract the majority?
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: Why are most religions agains homosexuality?
(December 10, 2017 at 8:01 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: Just why? Homosexuality doesn't hurt anyone. Is it because religions want more followers and homos don't usually reproduce? Then why aren't Catholic priests llowed to marry? Are they supposed to have a relationship only with God? Also, Christianity preaches that you should be ashamed of sex. If they wanted people to reproduce why would they make them fear reproduction?
Is it because homosexuals are a minority, and humans naturally despise who isn't following the herd? Does religion preach against homosexuality so that it could attract the majority?

Serious believers have a "stick of hell" so far their ass that the chance to preach and scream on the streets in the name of the God is the only fun they have left. 

It's a way do unload all your pain you get for being hardcore religious.
(December 10, 2017 at 8:11 am)purplepurpose Wrote: Serious believers have a "stick of hell" so far their ass that the chance to preach and scream on the streets in the name of the God is the only fun they have left. 

I agree with you, but this doesn't answer my question. Why were the religious founders against homosexuality?

Charlie Chaplin
(December 10, 2017 at 8:14 am)Die Atheistin Wrote:
(December 10, 2017 at 8:11 am)purplepurpose Wrote: Serious believers have a "stick of hell" so far their ass that the chance to preach and scream on the streets in the name of the God is the only fun they have left. 

I agree with you, but this doesn't answer my question. Why were the religious founders against homosexuality?

No kids in the family = possible extinction of the tribe.
(December 10, 2017 at 8:16 am)purplepurpose Wrote:
(December 10, 2017 at 8:14 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: I agree with you, but this doesn't answer my question. Why were the religious founders against homosexuality?

No kids in the family = weaker tribe.

Then why aren't catholic priests allowed to marry?

Charlie Chaplin
(December 10, 2017 at 8:20 am)Die Atheistin Wrote:
(December 10, 2017 at 8:16 am)purplepurpose Wrote: No kids in the family = weaker tribe.

Then why aren't catholic priests allowed to marry?

They are religions elite who are example for majority.
It's a tribal/herd thing. Anyone who behaves contrary to the group will be ostracized. Since the majority are hetero they make a rule that only hetero's are allowed in and all non hetero's will be shunned/killed.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Because those books were written by primitive fuckwits.

They also probably liked each other's cocks but they were in denial about it. All 3 of the Abrahamic religions probably came out of a repressed rage.
(December 10, 2017 at 8:23 am)purplepurpose Wrote:
(December 10, 2017 at 8:20 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: Then why aren't catholic priests allowed to marry?

They are religions elite who are example for majority.

I don't get it. If they are an example and don't marry, aren't they determinig others not to marry either?

Charlie Chaplin
(December 10, 2017 at 8:30 am)Die Atheistin Wrote:
(December 10, 2017 at 8:23 am)purplepurpose Wrote: They are religions elite who are example for majority.

I don't get it. If they are an example and don't marry, aren't they determinig others not to marry either?

You expect religion to MAKE SENSE?!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions... Ajay0 17 1815 May 24, 2019 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  To all religions/What makes you think...... Brian37 22 2702 February 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: no one
  Religions Role in Social Movements, Essential or Accidental? Neo-Scholastic 17 3442 October 4, 2018 at 3:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Are all religions cults? Aroura 88 10936 September 30, 2018 at 1:41 am
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3692 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Homosexuality no longer a sin Foxaèr 155 19251 June 20, 2018 at 5:34 am
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 10545 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions? Greatest I am 37 12772 March 23, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  How I view all the world's religions. Brian37 0 596 March 22, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Homosexuality WinterHold 169 18834 February 17, 2018 at 4:09 am
Last Post: Amarok